Premier Aircraft Design

Thread: Premier Aircraft Design

Icon9 Premier Aircraft Design

Jean-Pierre Brisard, Barry Blaisdell and Bob May - Premier Aircraft Design

Every now and then I check out the PAD site for new skins. Sad to say the last time I went to the site, I got the "this domain is for sale message" to bad. Over the years this team put out alot of I think good quality free ware.

TSquare

Agreed - when I tried to Google their website, I found a message saying that they had closed down the website some months ago - very sad . . .

was posted on Flightsim.com

Premier Aircraft Design (PAD) web site closing down

Due to advancing age and ill health I have decided to wind up the PAD web site. This will take effect on February 16th 2022 so plenty of time for FSX and FS2004 simmers to download and keep any of our 50+ models or 1000+ repaints on the site. www.premaircraft.com

All of our models have at various times over the last 20 years have been uploaded to the flightsim.com file library so of course they will always be available there.

Many thanks to the flight simming community for your support and encouragement over the years and special thanks to Stephanie Lawton who helped me to keep the site going with her excellent repaints after the sad deaths of my design colleagues Barry Blaisdell and Jean-Pierre Brisard.

Bob May

Note to moderator: I would be obliged if you would make this notice a "sticky"

ttfn

Pete

Sad to see that site go. I haven't visited as much as I used to but I'm not surprised that Bob decided to close up shop. As he mentions, a lot of the PAD Airplanes can be found on flightsim dot com and probably other sites as well. I enjoyed working with him. . .I did some liveries and VC enhancements along the way and he was always a joy to chat with.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks guys

Thanks for the kind words.
    PAD has sadly expired but I have not (yet) I still lurk in the forums and still enjoy simming.
    I hope that newbies on FS9 and FSX will still be able to find our stuff and enjoy it before moving on to MS2020.
    I dunno about you but much as I am gob smacked by the amazing scenery and aircraft models in MSFS it still somehow doesn't seem as much fun as FS9 and FSX used to be.

Bob May

Don't Be Disappointed

Yesterday I downloaded from Flyaway Simulation fortunately the PAD BE99 Beech because with their website gone, ALL the links on AVSIM and Flightsim from the textures direct to their now defunct website. If you run into the same problem try Flyaway to see if you can get the base model you need. I know, I know...they are not our favorite choice but they ARE free to those who wait patiently for it to download. Thank you Flyaway Simulation for paying for the bandwidth to store stuff for us that is gone elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Yesterday I downloaded from Flyaway Simulation fortunately the PAD BE99 Beech because with their website gone, ALL the links on AVSIM and Flightsim from the textures direct to their now defunct website. If you run into the same problem try Flyaway to see if you can get the base model you need. I know, I know...they are not our favorite choice but they ARE free to those who wait patiently for it to download. Thank you Flyaway Simulation for paying for the bandwidth to store stuff for us that is gone elsewhere.
    I ran a search on flightsim for all PAD base models and got 23 pages. Of course I did not go through those to see how many were variations of the same model and seems like the original site had many more aircraft than that. . . .although with 10 aircraft on each page x 23 pages. . . .still a lot of airplanes. As you mention though the myriad of additional liveries are another thing altogether. A shame to see it go though.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I went to the "Wayback Machine site" and pick this list off the last pic of the PAD site:

NOTE: This is only the list of aircraft it does not include the sub types of each aircraft, however it is a good start, I think. It is for FSX and FS2004 as well.

FSX
    BAe 146 100 & 200
    BAe JETSTREAM 31
    BEECHCRAFT MODEL 99
    BEECHCRAFT B1900C
    BEECHCRAFT B1900D
    BOEING E-3D SENTRY
    BOEING KC-135R STRATOTANKER
    BOMBARDIER LEARJET 60
    BOMBARDIER CL-604 CHALLENGER
    BOMBARDIER CRJ 100/200
    BRITTEN-NORMAN TRISLANDER
    CASA 295
    CESSNA 414A CHANCELLOR
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-2 TURBO BEAVER
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-3 TURBO OTTER
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-5 BUFFALO
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-6-300 TWIN OTTER
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-6-400 TWIN OTTER (Glass Cockpit)
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-8 DASH-8 100/200/300
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-8-DASH-8 Q202 (Improved model)
    DeHAVILLAND (Bombardier) DASH-8-Q400
    DASSAULT FALCON 7X
    DORNIER Do228
    DORNIER Do328 (Turboprop & Jet)
    DORNIER SEASTAR Amphibian
    EMBRAER 190
    EMBRAER 120 Brasilia
    FLIGHT DESIGN CTSW
    FOKKER 100
    LOCKHEED-MARTIN C-130J HERCULES
    McDONNELL-DOUGLAS MD-11 (P & F versions)
    MITSUBISHI MU-2 (All variants)
    REPUBLIC RC-3 SEABEE
    ROBIN R2160 (aka ALPHA 120)
    SAAB 340B
    SHORTS 330 & SHERPA
    SHORTS 360
    SOCATA TOBAGO & TRINIDAD

FS2004
    BAe 146 100 & 200
    BAe JETSTREAM 31
    BEECHCRAFT MODEL 99
    BEECHCRAFT B1900C
    BEECHCRAFT B1900D
    BOEING E-3D SENTRY
    BOEING KC-135R STRATOTANKER
    BOMBARDIER LEARJET 60
    BOMBARDIER CL-604 CHALLENGER
    BOMBARDIER CRJ 100/200
    BOMBARDIER CRJ 700-ER
    BOMBARDIER CRJ 705-LR
    BOMBARDIER CRJ 900-LR
    BRITTEN-NORMAN TRISLANDER
    CASA 295
    CESSNA 414A CHANCELLOR
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-2 TURBO BEAVER
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-3 TURBO OTTER
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-5 BUFFALO
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-6-300 TWIN OTTER Latest models with VC
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-6-300 TWIN OTTER Earlier “Globetwotter” models, no VC
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-6-300 TWIN OTTER (Bradley Air Services set of 4)
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-6-400 TWIN OTTER (Glass Cockpit)
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-8 DASH-8-100 & 200 with VC
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-8 DASH-8-300 with VC
    DeHAVILLAND DHC-8 DASH-8-100 & 200 Earlier model, no VC
    DeHAVILLAND (Bombardier) DASH-8-Q400
    DASSAULT FALCON 7X
    DIAMOND KATANA (Many variants)
    DIAMOND HK36 MOTOR GLIDER
    DORNIER Do228
    DORNIER Do328 (Turboprop & Jet)
    DORNIER SEASTAR Amphibian
    EMBRAER 190
    EMBRAER 120 Brasilia
    FLIGHT DESIGN CTSW
    FOKKER 100
    LOCKHEED-MARTIN C-130J HERCULES
    McDONNELL-DOUGLAS MD-11(Passenger & Freight versions)
    MITSUBISHI MU-2 (All variants)
    REPUBLIC RC-3 SEABEE
    ROBIN R2160 (aka ALPHA 120)
    SAAB 340B
    SHORTS 330 & SHERPA
    SHORTS 360
    SOCATA TOBAGO & TRINIDAD

TSquare

Their BE99 was by far my favorite. Spent lots of hours hauling virtual freight from Opa Locka to various islands in the Bahamas.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I started to make some modifications for BE99, to get it work in P3D(my personal use only).
    I added PBR support, made props work and some other small modifications. After all, it works now very well in P3d v5

Still lot of work to do to make fully working in Prepar3d.

WOW

I never knew that this was here with ALL of the PAD aircraft both FS9 and FSX. That is great. Thank you for sharing this.

I never knew that this was here with ALL of the PAD aircraft both FS9 and FSX. That is great. Thank you for sharing this.
    Usually the WayBack Machine only saves the webpages and graphics and not the attachments so this is a treat.

The Robin from PAD sure looks nice, as well.

This one features VC HD textures by Ed.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130116...FSX/index.html
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

A New Repaint BE-99

I am using the AI Freightrunners Express BE-99 in my KRHI AI Flightplan. So, I decided to see if I could use the PAD BE-99 to fly for FRG flights out of Milwaukee their hub. I used the ai textures and merged them since it is for my own use but I will share one of the destinations: KMRJ Iowa County Wisconsin Airport which I created myself in ADEx and used my custom hangers from KRHI Rhinelander I also created. The other airport I tweaked from the FSX default is KDLL Baribou-Dells Wisconsin Airport. I kept the default buildings but may change them out next week to custom ones too. Neither airport is available either payware or freeware for FSX that I found.

Here is the PAD BE-99. It is the cargo version and has a VC that is not too bad for when it was done. I don't complain ever because try as I might, I can't design aircraft OR virtual cockpits. I do manage with some effort to do 2D popups where I want them.

Freightrunners Express also flies the Beechcraft 1900 and the Embraer EMB-120 in their fleet and I will probably do repaints for the PAD aircrafts I have downloaded also. More next week in a new thread for Freightrunners Express

This link opens the entire Home Page Main Menu. I don't have time to check all, just a few, of the various links as listed before posting however. Hope it's of some help. Sad to see yet another excellent website for FSX/FS9 close it's doors.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130116...com/index.html

Thank you to Jean-Pierre Brisard, Barry Blaisdell and Bob May for the many years of filling the virtual skies with outstanding aircraft, repaints etc. and help along the way.

PAD Aircrafts

Quote Originally Posted by p14u2nv View Post
    This link opens the entire Home Page Main Menu. I don't have time to check all, just a few, of the various links as listed before posting however. Hope it's of some help. Sad to see yet another excellent website for FSX/FS9 close it's doors.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130116...com/index.html

Thank you to Jean-Pierre Brisard, Barry Blaisdell and Bob May for the many years of filling the virtual skies with outstanding aircraft, repaints etc. and help along the way.
    I second this to the PAD crew who gave all of us much enjoyment and all for free for many years. May they be up in the blessed skies together.

Members who have read this thread: 13