best way to delete

Thread: best way to delete

best way to delete

best way to delete a plane from msfs2020? manually in the files? or in game ? if in the files..where all do i look ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    best way to delete a plane from msfs2020? manually in the files? or in game ? if in the files..where all do i look ?
    If we're talking about stock planes included in MSFS (not external add-ons) as I guess, you can safely delete them from the in-game Content Manager, same as airports, lessons or whatever. However, you'll discover that there are about 15 or 16 planes which are mandatory and can't be deleted.

Manually deleting files is in not advisable or you risk the software crashing or trying to re-download them everytime you launch it.

I all your trying to do is remove the planes you don't use from the menu another trick that will work for the default planes is to open the aircraftt.cfg in notepad and look for a line that reads isUserSelectable = 1 and change it to isUserSelectable = 0
    That way it will still be in the folders and wont cause any errors but wont show in the menu.

Of course you can only do this for the ones that aren't encrypted and if Asobo update it at some point it will reappear and you'll have to edit it again.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Last time I checked, only the stock 152 and the TBM couldn't be removed via the Content Manager. But the issue you may run into is shared components that aren't in a "common" folder as you'd expect. I have the mid-grade "Deluxe" package, and all the aircraft I have in my Official folder only add up to a little over 15 GB. The only thing I've deleted were the MSFS liveries and those hideous black liveries - and those were deleted via the Content Manager. Thankfully, they've never been put back by any updates. If you don't want to see them, the best option is to just disable them from the menu as mentioned above. You can also remove them from the ramp by changing isAirTraffic = 1 to zero.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Last time I checked, only the stock 152 and the TBM couldn't be removed via the Content Manager.
    Hi Tom. That changed after SU7. Now there are 16 mandatory aircraft you can't remove via Content Manager (Premium Deluxe edition. Maybe a few less in medium Deluxe). I can send you the complete list if interested.

i have a PC6 that i bought online rather than through the in game store. each time they do an update it trys to update it over and over..and now im getting a CTD as soon as i try to start a flight.im assuming its the pc6 as it says something about an addon plane causing it.

ive not tried to do anything to the porter at all.

Members who have read this thread: 1