Manfred Jahn C-47/DC-3 V3 FSX Paintkit

Thread: Manfred Jahn C-47/DC-3 V3 FSX Paintkit

Manfred Jahn C-47/DC-3 V3 FSX Paintkit

I have just spent 2 hours of searching to try and find the paintkit for this. I didn't want to reply to a 25 page thread to ask. Can someone help me please I searched through 24 pages and 478 repaints in the Warbird Library and even Googled for it no luck. Thanks in advance. I want to do a repaint of Empire Airways featured in Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot "Death In The Clouds" Season 4 Episode 2. I don't know if this is fictional or a real airline but I really like it and will share for all Poirot fans here. I found this on Google in Wikipaedia which also said Air Atlantique (?) Is it real? You can find the episode on Youtube with a lot of nice cabin shots too.

I

Hi! Check your PMs.
    America never stopped being great.

Ok pm

Thank you, sent. I don't think it should be too difficult with the paintkit to do. The biggest challenge will probably be the crown on the tail to do in my drawing program if I can't find any suitable vector online. I will use this thread for progress and to share it.

G-amra

In my research this morning I did discover that Empire Airways was a fictional airway created for the Poirot film. Here is the history of G-AMRA in a link:

http://www.british-caledonian.com/BCal_G-AMRA_C47.html

No I am not doing all these repaints...LOL...just Empire. Anyone else is free to do any or all if the mood moves you which I am sure would be welcome since every other was a real airline.

By Google searching, I found the repaint for Starways for the V2 which is convertible for V3 AND in an older SOH thread that Ron Atwood did a beautiful job of Air Atlantique of G-AMRA for the V3. So there are some of these repaints out there if you look for them. X-plane has done others.

Sent!

I'd love to see your progress, and let me know if you need help with that crown. I know many people disagree but, personally, I love fictional and "what-if" repaints!
    America never stopped being great.

Empire Airways Repaint

I used the paintkit to do this repaint and first I had "overlay" for the texures with polished surfaces layer underneath but they did not look like the photos which are clean and shiny. It looked VERY used so I switched them all to normal which is this photo and I like it. I noticed that the engine nacelles look more used in the real photo so before I share this I am going to go back to "overlay" for them only. Then it should be ready for the Warbird Library.

Le Buerget 1930s Airport

This is exactly what the movie used, the 1930's side of the modern one. This is the "real" 1930's airport just like Poirot flew to in Death In The Clouds and Croydon Airport also 1930s vintage which is available at AVSIM also. Gives me some real vintage airfields to fly in and out of.

Checked Out

I believe that I have the final version of the Empire Airways Repaint ready to share. It works in both V2, V3 and the MVC versions of the C-47/DC3 in FSX A.

I never noticed that the real aircraft does not have an anti-glare panel on the nose. I was able to paint it out on a texture and it was NOT part of the model.
    If you get up close you can see all the rivet and panel details that are part of the model. I think it looks like the photo. It will be uploaded to the Warbirds Library. It looks a lot nicer than this screenshot is. Here it is:

Members who have read this thread: 4