Max Mosely

Thread: Max Mosely

Max Mosely

Former Formula 1 boss and FIA president Max Mosley shot himself after learning his cancer was terminal, an inquest has heard.

Mosley, who served as the FIA president for 16 years between 1993 until 2009, was found dead at his home in London last May at the age of 81.
    He had been suffering from large B-cell lymphoma for two years prior to his death and was told in early 2021 he likely had a “very limited life expectancy”.
    An inquest at Westminster Coroner’s Court heard on Tuesday that Mosley was experiencing chronic bowel and bladder pain that could only be reduced with palliative care, but not cured.
    Senior Coroner Dr Fiona Wilcox ruled Mosley’s death as suicide. She also told the court Mosley had informed his personal assistant of 20 years he was going to take his own life, left a suicide note, and had a final meal with his wife Jean before fatally shooting himself.
    “It was obvious he had used the shotgun to himself and endured a life-ending injury,” said the coroner. “It’s clear he had injuries not compatible with life.’”
    She added: "I am also entirely satisfied Mr Mosley would not have undertaken this action but for the distressing and debilitating terminal lymphoma."

A neighbour and Mosley’s housekeeper called 999 after they found a note on his bedroom door which read: ‘Do not enter, call the police’.
    His PA, Henry Alexander, said he had begged Mosley not to end his life:
    “He was sat in an armchair in a despairing way. He spoke to me and said I'd been amazing and thanking me,” he said.
    “He said he'd had enough, had intentions of killing himself. I begged him to reconsider and said, 'please, there must be another way’.
    “He said he'd made up his mind. When I pleaded with him, asked him if he could give it 24 hours, he said ‘why?'”

Never ever had time for the man! At least he did it his way.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

More or less old news as this happened already last year. And there must be less messy ways to end your life......

Always good to get a look at the official Inquest findings Huub.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0