New Flysimware Cessna 414 Chancellor

Thread: New Flysimware Cessna 414 Chancellor

New Flysimware Cessna 414 Chancellor

New Flysimware Cessna 414 Chancellor is out, this is one of the best (if not the best) multi-engine model of is size class for FS2020 so far. Flysimware has raise the bar on it's graphics & modeling to a great new level. Flies like a dream, lots of great features in this model.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (5152).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	86705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (5153).jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	86706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (5155).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	86707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (5156).jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	214.8 KB 
ID:	86708

https://www.flysimware.com/FLYSTORE_...-msfs2020.html
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; March 25th, 2022 at 20:34. Reason: Link added

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let's hope they decide to do the same with the MU-2...

Kent

I'm loving it. It's the closest thing we've got to a Realair Duke from the olden days lol
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Let's hope they decide to do the same with the MU-2...

Kent
    Absolutely Kent! It's on the way, not sure if it is next or not but if they do it like this bird, it will certainly be awesome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If ~$40 is an introductory price for a beta, I'd hate to see what the final costs.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    If ~$40 is an introductory price for a beta, I'd hate to see what the final costs.
    Tom, it's pretty darn good, if this is what qualifies as a beta, the finished polished version will be stellar. I have the TDS GTNXi installed and it runs smoothly with this model. Both the C414 and TDS GTNXi are solid investments in this sim.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's good. It is a beta release, and there are small "glitches" but Ryan is very responsive in real time. For me, that is a big part of what makes this release so good. The flight model is really well done; landing (so far no crosswinds yet) is really smooth and satisfying. Systems depth is great, even though "glitches" are present.

The biggest glitch (currently) is the vanilla GNS530 unit's inability to track the GPS flight plan. It works as a moving map, and you can fly via HDG to follow your course, but there is no capture by the AP. The HSI is properly coupled, so as long as you keep the needle matched you're In Like Flynn. (Probably showing my age on that line, eh?). :-)

As mentioned, Ryan is aware (real time) and I anticipate a solution or a patch in the coming weeks. The GTN750 from PMS50 and the TDS GTNXi are both supported and both of those units are apparently working just fine. The C414AW is good enough it may spur me into trying out one of those avionics packages just for this aircraft.

It is a notch above any conventional piston-engine twin currently available in MSFS, and while not as complex as the DC-6 from PMDG, it has a system depth that "feels" similar. It will take a few hours in the left seat for everything to become second nature. It's a great Cabin Class Twin, and you can feel it when you fly it.

Kudos to Ryan for doing a fine job!

I have the Diamond Twin for when I want a GA twin, I'm still currently hooked on the Kodiak.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I have the Diamond Twin for when I want a GA twin, I'm still currently hooked on the Kodiak.
    Love the Kodiak... may be my all-time favorite GA release (so far.)

The DA42 is a very nice aircraft, but in a different class.

The C414AW Chancellor is a Cabin Class Pressurized Twin, that tips the scales at 7,000 pounds. It has a 2,000 pound payload. It's a Whole Lotta (airplane) Love. :-)

Members who have read this thread: 0