GAS Next Project - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GAS Next Project

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    After testing the floatplane for GAS today, I spent this evening on a repaint I wanted to do when I found it online. So here is a screenshot in FSX off Pautexant MD. You'll find the real photo at USNA Annapolis in the post above.
    As a side note, the Naval Academy in those early days served as a primary flight training base for graduates after 2 years of fleet service in the surface line (typically). They were not allowed to go directly to flight training after graduation. There was an NAF for seaplanes across the Severn River, accessed by launches from the Academy grounds as well as a road.

In my day the NAF housed some "UF"s or HU-16s used for CRT flying by USNA staff aviators. Middies could catch a flight in one on the weekends - orientation only, the flights were local out and in, usually 2 hours. It was interesting to feel the touchdowns on the water.

Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    As a side note, the Naval Academy in those early days served as a primary flight training base for graduates after 2 years of fleet service in the surface line (typically). They were not allowed to go directly to flight training after graduation. There was an NAF for seaplanes across the Severn River, accessed by launches from the Academy grounds as well as a road.

In my day the NAF housed some "UF"s or HU-16s used for CRT flying by USNA staff aviators. Middies could catch a flight in one on the weekends - orientation only, the flights were local out and in, usually 2 hours. It was interesting to feel the touchdowns on the water.
    I always appreciate your real life recollections. I just finished KPXE and just may try and find info on the NAF "Severn River". Interesting Note: In the list of 29 NAF's online Nantucket; Martha's Vineyard and Hyannis are listed as well as 26 others.

After testing the floatplane for GAS today, I spent this evening on a repaint I wanted to do when I found it online. So here is a screenshot in FSX off Pautexant MD. You'll find the real photo at USNA Annapolis in the post above.

Very nice. Love the floatplane. I'm really looking forward to this release.

Out of curiosity, how many textures (yours plus GAS) for both versions (landplane and float) are going to be available?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Textures

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Very nice. Love the floatplane. I'm really looking forward to this release.

Out of curiosity, how many textures (yours plus GAS) for both versions (landplane and float) are going to be available?
    The 3 textures that are shown in earlier posts by SPAD54 are what will be included with the final release to the best of my knowledge. I found the USNA texture while I was doing research into the N3N and so I used one of them to create this from the test version texture I had. Any other "after release" that are going to be done by other artists I don't know. We'll have to see. I am embarking on a new scenery project that will compliment the N3N which I will start a new post on when I begin it.

Okay, time for me to stir the pot.

Things have gotten pretty quiet here as it's been a few weeks since the last update.

Hate to be a pest but I just gotta ask if there's any news??
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Okay, time for me to stir the pot.

Things have gotten pretty quiet here as it's been a few weeks since the last update.

Hate to be a pest but I just gotta ask if there's any news??
    No worries the project is in post production. I just came back from a weeks vacation and was all ready to get it done this week. Catching up on other “life” things and expect to wrap it up next week. Thanks for asking. It’s all good.

Now that the N3N-3 has been released by GAS, are you going to share your repaint(s)?
    -- WH

There is a half price sale on at Just Flight and it is £6.50 which is an absolute steal.

Regards Paul Day

Gee....I'm sure glad I jumped in last July an Paid $15.95 as a promotional offer.

I did too. Thank you for stepping up and helping to keep one of the remaining vendors that produce FSX aircraft afloat.

Dave

PS
    sorry no pun intended about the afloat

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    I did too. Thank you for stepping up and helping to keep one of the remaining vendors that produce FSX aircraft afloat.

Dave

PS
    sorry no pun intended about the afloat
    We appreciate it more than you can know. Super fun is in the works. It’s the biplane you never know you needed. First flown in 1936 with production end 1944.

Could it be a Waco YKC or YOC???? Dream Airplane!!!

I'd like to see you do an Interstate Cadet, or a Noorduyn Norseman

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    Could it be a Waco YKC or YOC???? Dream Airplane!!!

I'd like to see you do an Interstate Cadet, or a Noorduyn Norseman
    All great aircraft. This is another warbird used by the CAA

the Noorduyn is freeware here

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...duyn-norseman/

Noorduyn Norseman

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    All great aircraft. This is another warbird used by the CAA

the Noorduyn is freeware here

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...duyn-norseman/
    You can find it native FSX here in the Warbirds Library as well as quite a few threads here in SOH by searching "Norseman" even I did a repaint of one a year or two ago.

Members who have read this thread: 0