AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?
Page 1 of 20 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

The author of the video below suggests the AH DC-3 will be release in March, 2022.
    As he flies around in a DC-3 he identifies as being converted from the M. Jahn FSX model. (I'm not sure how he gets away with that)
    Perhaps Bazaar could weigh in on the claims made in the video?
    T43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdoOaus39kQ

Yepp, that's a VERY misleading video, since nothing you are seeing and hearing is anything to do with what may or may not appear from AH.
    Can't imagine AH being very happy about it either....

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    As he flies around in a DC-3 he identifies as being converted from the M. Jahn FSX model. (I'm not sure how he gets away with that)
    It's not a 'converted' version of Manfred's C-47 model (other than being converted from FSX to be used in MSFS), it IS Manfred's C-47 model. He clearly states so too in the comment.

Not forbidden to put up a video of an FS aircraft model on YT of course. What is totally rediculous is linking it to the forthcoming AH MSFS DC-3.

(his excuse may be that he thought, like himself, nobody has ever heard of a 'DC-3'. So he thought he'd better let the people know what exactly it is. Afterall, it IS "The latest, Hot off the Press News Update !" of course.. )

I was hoping Bazaar would have something to say, then I recall I haven't seen any posts from him for a couple of weeks.
    Trust he is ok.
    T43

Yep still alive. Busy working on the right pax door version. The video could be misleading but he does make a note that it is MJ's converted to fly in MSFS. He is correct in the date department, we are working toward this month.

good to hear that work is progressing - I look forward to flying the AH DC-3 soon-ish
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Yep still alive. Busy working on the right pax door version. The video could be misleading but he does make a note that it is MJ's converted to fly in MSFS. He is correct in the date department, we are working toward this month.
    Good to read you are still with us.
    Apologies for getting your moniker wrong.

T43

No worries, I get called all sorts of things.

Apart from the weather, it's been heads down on the DC-3 as we near the end.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Bet you're happy you relocated from Brisvegas when you did.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Damn straight. We had to go back for a medical thing last week. Gympie was still under in places but the trip went OK. We didn't think we'd get back on Thursday but the roads were open. Have you been OK?

Baz...any better idea if you are going to release a C-47 at some point as well? Also..on the DC-3...do you plan to release a paint kit?

Thanks,

Kent

Looking forward to this baby...

C-47 with droppable parachutists is already part of the release. Yes a paintkit will be produced.

Lineup is:

C-47 with hedgehog exhausts and paratroops (lead ship can be configured with radome under belly.)
    C-47 with short exhausts and paratroops
    DC-3 Left Pax door
    DC-3 Right Pax door
    DC-3 Pax/Cargo door configuration

All models have fully detailed, period interior cabins.

Sounds are by the best in the business and flight model is also being done out-of-house by an "expert in the field".

Systems will extend to the hand hydraulic pump being used to store hydraulic pressure for flaps etc. when on the ground or for emergency landing gear operation.
    This is the first lever you use when you get into the cockpit. (open the valve first!)

We have changed the start procedure slightly to follow "modern" DC-3 pilot techniques. This entails using the primers as the final process. It should be a little easier for those without four hands.

And yes, the pesky mixture control triggers are now automatic, the levers snicking to the gates as you move them.

Otherwise, she's the handful she was in P3D only more so and better. But then we know you like that.

Wow that's amazing! Looking forward to making some RCAF liveries!

Thanks bazzar for the update.

In case your DC3 engines are supercharged and it has a working DME, will you then be in a position to bring these features over to your Electra too?

Thanks, Milan

[QUOTE=bazzar;1286276]C-47 with droppable parachutists is already part of the release. Yes a paintkit will be produced.

Lineup is:

C-47 with hedgehog exhausts and paratroops (lead ship can be configured with radome under belly.)
    DC-3 Left Pax door
    DC-3 Right Pax door

So its a 1st release of C-47 & DC-3 together, not separate DC-3 & C-47 purchases as in P3D?
    T43

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Damn straight. We had to go back for a medical thing last week. Gympie was still under in places but the trip went OK. We didn't think we'd get back on Thursday but the roads were open. Have you been OK?
    ​I've been ok. Moved across town at the end of December but lucky to be above the King Tide mark. A lot of streets around Woy Woy are lakes though.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    The other free DC-3 on .to has nearly 7,000 downloads, despite having a Kingair cockpit & a few liveries.
    So there is market demand for this aircraft.
    Hopefully AH can satisfy the demand.
    T43

[QUOTE=Twice43;1286303]
    C-47 with droppable parachutists is already part of the release. Yes a paintkit will be produced.

Lineup is:

DC-3 Left Pax door
    DC-3 Right Pax door

So its a 1st release of C-47 & DC-3 together, not separate DC-3 & C-47 purchases as in P3D?
    T43
    Yes the package is complete with both C-47 and DC-3.

Man, this news made my day.

Can't wait to that that graceful lady to the skies in FS2020
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

[QUOTE=bazzar;1286330]
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post

Yes the package is complete with both C-47 and DC-3.

Great news!
    T43

This will be money WELL SPENT! Need a cargo version and you have it. Will it have a cargo / empty choice? How about hooking us up with a nice Beech G18S?

Don BP

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    ? This is video from P3D.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 5