AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 18
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    talk about coincidence, look what just emerged from my paint shed:
    Good and thx! More skins for us is always welcome! Thank you
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Something from my side too.

Today I want to upload my first DC-3 skin (with polish reg.). Flightsim to. Today later. I added correct texture for GPU cart as well.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Very nice, especially those posters on the inside are very cool
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Something from my side too.
    Today I want to upload my first DC-3 skin (with polish reg.). Flightsim to. Today later. I added correct texture for GPU cart as well.
    Looking great, great eye for details! Also great you have fixed the GPU cart, can i use this also for my repaints (with credit ofcourse)?

Marcel

Thx guys. Its put: https://flightsim.to/file/46242/dc-3...l-lot-22-lipca .
    Im thinking about the next .

Thx guys. Its put: https://flightsim.to/file/46242/dc-3...l-lot-22-lipca .
    Im thinking about the next .
    Downloaded, thanks! Love the first shot in on this page with the snowy background!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Love the first shot in on this page with the snowy background!
    +1 ! Great shot, YoYo !

Usually quite dark inthere but here a glimpse of sunlight revails that even the inner side of the nacelles is detailed. This screenshot particularly and inevitably shows the superb job AH executed on the external MSFS model of the iconic DC-3.

I've said it before a couple times of course and will keep saying it whenever relevant: truly fantastic job, AH !!

Now bring on the C-47..

I was up at the Canadian Warplane Heritage museum the other day to buy calendars, because they have cool shots from the past year, and helps support our local museum. It's a tradition I guess now. Well, they were out. So I thought I'd go into the back hangar and take a few reference shots of the recently acquired C-47 ( FZ692 ), and while I was taking specific photos, a volunteer came up to me to tell me some facts about her. He shared an interesting fact about the tow tugs era. So, imagine the Dak flying in close to the ground, snagging a cable which was hooked to the glider. The jolt on that glider! Poor pilots, must have been terrifying to anticipate. Over time, the cargo doors would develop a gap sometimes up to 2" because the fuselage was stretched from towing, sometimes to the point where electrical wire bundles and control cables would break from being to taught! Amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68O_ZHCOjwk

A brief video of catching the line.

Guys, I need a help. Perhaps my next skin (number 98, N16060). DC-3 of Norteast airlines looks cool too! However I need confirmation of the main colour. See this:

I also found DC-6 picture:

but I think here is mistake of the person who colorized the photo.

According me it isnt dark green but blue-green (ocean), something like this:

What do you think?

but I think here is mistake of the person who colorized the photo.

According me it isnt dark green but blue-green (ocean), something like this:

What do you think?
    Seems indeed dark blue:

Definitely blue

Ok thanks, overall I think I chose this color quite well, the last photos have too much exposure, but it's not blue, it's sea blue, i.e. one with a bit of green, but blue is predominant.

(number 98, N16060). DC-3 of Norteast airlines looks cool too!
    YoYo, N16060 was a former C-53 converted into a DC-3A which had its engine nacelles and oil coolers revised and gear doors added (if you ask me blehhh..;-) Here's a better photo :

So if you want to be correct you'd have to choose a different Northeast DC-3. F.i. like this :

Here you'll find a complete website devoted to N33623 by Ruud Leeuw : https://ruudleeuw.com/uscan09-mason.htm

I bet it will feel good if you can atleast virtually get that poor grounded bird out of there.
    Last edited by Javis; December 19th, 2022 at 22:39.

Or you could go with a very different style of Northeast livery :

A full blown story about this remarkable C-53 during her WWII life and after and current restoration project here :

https://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-res...rne-again.html

Even more here (video included): https://www.vintagewingsinc.com/
    Last edited by Javis; December 20th, 2022 at 00:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    YoYo, N16060 ...
    Thx Javis , I want this nose, not like 90% of DC-3 ; ) just straight lines, according me it has "98" number so N16060 but I will check it again, maybe it has different reg. number. It looks like the same as AH model.

This is "98" but hardly to check the number . Maybe someone has any idea?

Some nice B/W photo's (do not have be logged in to view):
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2%3A%22R%22%7D

Here is stated the "98" is Douglas C-53D-DO (conv DC-3A) N44998 c/n 11752 Northeast Air Lines (registration is partly visible under the wing)

PS @Yoyo
    The "3th" texture has some offset mapping in the door and cargodoor area, see my PH-TCY repaint as reference.

@mgr, great found about the number! I had problem to find it and Id like decipher it with some graphical filters Today. So this job is gone . Thx!
    Yes, that's exactly what I want to do with this model.

About shifts here, on textures, I know it (I did Delta Airlines but for P3Dv5, it was a little horror for me because I don't like any inaccuracies in the lines in my skins. For this Im using Blender for this and it works great however I cant open this model of DC-3 in Blender, I see error, strange, it's possible that the model was compiled differently and Blender doesn't see his body correctly so manual adjustment remains but I can do it ;> although it is a longer job.

YoYo, maybe you can use this in Blender ( Is till need to figure how to do things in Blender myself...)
    https://flightsim.to/file/44685/micr...-texture-files
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

according me it has "98" number so N16060 but I will check it again, maybe it has different reg. number. It looks like the same as AH model.
    You could still do N16060, it also flew without the refurbished nacelles, oil coolers and geardoors. One 'snag' re the AH model, it does not have the nose light. Most NE DC-3's, atleast the first batch, feature the nose landing light, a leftover item from her younger cousine the DC-2. Hard to see on the NE DC-3 photos but on the big photo you can see only the '8' of '98' on the nose. The '9' is on the other side. In between is the light.... Here's a good look at the nose light :

You could of course not worry about it... ;-)

Found a colored version of Marcel's photo :

One more to choose (N30087) :

And the NE logo :

Thx guys! I see some of nice photos, didnt noticed it before in the net. Good find, very helpful.
    btw. Logo is done already.

ILS Query

I've had a problem with the ILS indicator on the DC-3 classic.

It shows course deviation but not glide slope deviation.

Or, at least... that's what I thought.

Today I found an airport where the ILS worked perfectly. Thought it had cured itself.

Went back to the airports where I hadn't had any glide slope indication and the problem still existed there. Thought it must be the scenery...

Tried the default C172 at the airports where I'd had a problem but the ILS gauge on the C172 works perfectly.

So, I'm puzzled.

I've seen a few mentions of ILS issues on various forums but no real common factors as far as I can see.

Has anyone got any ideas or had any similar problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

Found a colored version of Marcel's photo :
    btw. about this photo - I did it few days ago, when I was studying the colors (and also its present on this page), so if you found it I can say that the Internet suprice me near every time . I did this also:

Of course, the name should be red, but I didn't have time for that. TY.
    N30087 looks very ok for me and its well documented.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    YoYo, maybe you can use this in Blender ( Is till need to figure how to do things in Blender myself...)
    https://flightsim.to/file/44685/micr...-texture-files
    About Blender - its not complicated. Maybe the first touch is strange a little. Very useful tool for painting, however I dont use it to paint the whole plane (you will never recive those effect likes for repaints from Corel/Photo shop, according me for sure), but what is really good you can paint and match parts in the real time, what is mean you can find any part even on white texture or you can match and connect all lines etc. For this is very helpful tool for painters.

is there a manual for the DC-3 that i can put on my laptop which doesnt have msfs on it? ive tried to find a download for it but cant find one, im not to savvy in this stuff, so please be gentle in your answers

id like to, as with the porter,read it on the laptop in bed since im here more than up.

Members who have read this thread: 4