AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 7
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    A lot of elderly fliers have kept taking their meds & have hung on for this one rather than shuffle off.
    Hope it is a good -un
    T43
    It's AH, that's a guarantee of quality!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Looking forward to the C-47 / DC-3. I was getting ready to do a pre-order when it was removed. Looking forward to the Beaver as well. Wish someone would make a nice cargo Beech 18, a G-18S variant. That would complete a nice, but older, bush operation.

Don BP

The question from YoYo still hangs: Do you have to plan to release the paint kit too?

I am quite excited about the upcoming DC-3. I have been taking a bit of a break from sim flying but this may get me back. Of the other aircraft listed in this release.

The DHC-2, Jenny and Goose have me interested (although I already have others).

The Wright Flyer it depends on which of the early fliers it is. The original 1903 Wright Flyer 1 was not very useful having barely enough performance to get off the ground, longest flight was only lasted 59 seconds and covered 852 feet (260 m) and needed a catapult to get off the ground. Hoping the specs are more like the Flyer III or Model A (first version to be offered for sale) which still had the basic pattern of the original flyer but enough performance to cover a useful distance.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Icon18

This is what I am looking for on 11/14/2022.
    It is from the AH Facebook page, March 14, 2022. [I think it was 2022, maybe 2021?]
    T43

"The full package includes:
    C-47 with droppable paratroops. Two versions, short and long "hedgehog"exhausts.
    We have depicted "That's All Brother" - Lead ship "D-Day" and L4, the aircraft that carried Lt. Winters and the first sticks of 101st Airborne "Easy Company" on the eve of the invasion, now famously known as "The Band of Brothers".

DC-3 Left Pax door
    DC-3 Right Pax door
    DC-3 Pax/Cargo configuration
    DC-3 Cargo configuration

Liveries:
    American Airlines
    Delta Airlines
    United Airlines
    Pan American Airways
    Air France
    Ansett ANA
    BEA
    BUA
    Buffalo Airways
    ICELANDAIR
    KLM
    OLYMPIC Airways
    SABENA
    Swissair
    TAA
    Tranzamazonica Airlianes
    VARIG"

Can anyone recall whether any of the DC-3/C-47 variants will have the option of a rudimentary AP and/or GPS?
    T43

From AH’s profile on Facebook:

Hi all. We must apologise for being somewhat absent from these pages in recent times. We have been extremely busy with development for Microsoft and the upcoming release. We are still extremely busy on other projects but will take some time out to answer your recent posts and queries. Thanks for your patience and all will be revealed soon!In the meantime, with regard to the DC-3, we cannot comment very much on it except to say that as it is now in Microsoft ownership, So any further news or updates will come from them.

The specifications of the package will be different to those we published before "adoption". For obvious reasons, we must follow Microsoft protocols and methodolgy which has meant quite a list of changes to the specifications and content of the original project.

We will be producing a number of FREE livery packs soon after release which will contain many of the listed liveries you saw prior to us being signed by Microsoft.

By all means refer to previous posts for an idea of liveries which will be included in the FREE packs but beyond that don't listen to speculation as it can only be unqualified. What we can promise is that it will be a very exciting update to the simulator!

Thanks for your patience.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well that is a bit of a PITA.
    Was hoping for an unadulterated AH release with the full portfolio of versions.
    Be interesting to see what gets through the Microsoft filter.
    T43

Let's hope they do release a paintkit...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Let's hope they do release a paintkit...
    Can you recall if any of the 3rd party aircraft released with Asobo have included a paint kit?
    T43

So can we start requesting liveries for this yet? :-)

Like the Otis Spunkmeyer C-41 I proposed to my son's mom on in 1995, N97H...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Otis-97H.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	88890

Or a silver-and-day-glo orange USAF or USN paint...

Well that is a bit of a PITA.
    Was hoping for an unadulterated AH release with the full portfolio of versions.
    Be interesting to see what gets through the Microsoft filter.
    T43
    Just a thought -one of the original features was the ability to drop paratroopers. If they were carrying weapons, that might have transgressed Microsoft's policy. No big deal if they've had to drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Just a thought -one of the original features was the ability to drop paratroopers. If they were carrying weapons, that might have transgressed Microsoft's policy. No big deal if they've had to drop it.
    I would not be surprised if the paratroopers version has been removed.
    I noticed on the AH Facebook page a couple of weeks ago a DC-3/C-47 image group with 72+ images.
    That seems to have disappeared since then. I think the DC-3 will release with some liveries, then AH will release some more free ones after that.
    T43

So Today is a great day for DC-3 & MSFS fans .

Time of the SU11 update:

Seattle: 8:00AM (PST)
    New York: 11:00AM (EST)
    São Paulo: 1:00pm (BRT)
    London: 4:00pm (BST)
    Amsterdam: 5:00PM (CET)
    Cape Town: 6:00PM (SAST)
    Singapore: 12:00AM (SGT)
    Tokyo: 1:00AM (JST)
    Sydney: 3:00AM (AEST)
    Wellington: 5:00AM (NZST)
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi YoYo!

Yes I'm really looking forward to this Dc-3 I'm very excited. it won't be long before we can fly. Of course I'm looking forward to the other great planes that are coming today...

Yes, then I wish you always tree Green, with the Dc-3

Greetings Pirosch (Christian)

For me, the benchmarks are the Manfred Jahn team's freeware FSX/P3D versions.
    Will be interesting to see how the ex AH stacks up.
    T43

For me, the benchmarks are the Manfred Jahn team's freeware FSX/P3D versions.
    For me, too. I wish Manfred & Crew would start developing for MSFS - the C-47 & C117D were absolutely first class. And think of that Boeing B-50, with a team dedicated to building a full cockpit for it. It's sad that such a fine model will never see the light of day in MSFS.

Well, I've had an hour in the air in the Retro DC-3 [GPS + AP], & the Classic version, {No GPS or AP, but takes the Keyboard AP commands for Hdg & Altitude hold]
    Overall, stunning sounds & a pleasure to fly.
    Well done AH, I look forward to the release of your liveries.
    T43

Re: the DC-3...

Anyone having problems with the hat switch views ? I click to the left - I snap view to the left. I click to the right - I snap view to the left and aft.

Is there a manual anywhere ?

Rather nice model overall, I must say - the engine sounds are amongst the best I've heard. Still trying it out, of course.

EDIT: I've found out how to make the pilot's yoke disappear, but where is the click spot to get it back ? ( Never mind, found it )

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Re: the DC-3...

Anyone having problems with the hat switch views ? I click to the left - I snap view to the left. I click to the right - I snap view to the left and aft.

Is there a manual anywhere ?

Rather nice model overall, I must say - the engine sounds are amongst the best I've heard. Still trying it out, of course.

EDIT: I've found out how to make the pilot's yoke disappear, but where is the click spot to get it back ? ( Never mind, found it )
    Where do you click to get rid of the Yoke? It blocks some basic dials.
    Agree the Sounds are very very good, but the liveries are somewhat underwhelming so far & hopefully AH & Jankees can rectify that.
    Thanks
    T43

Textures are underwhelming.. Not the quality but the diversity. Like someone else posted. I hope we will soon be getting some more options.

Tried starting the engines, but the levers would not switch from L -> R -> Both. They moved a little, but kept going back to OFF. I used the checklist. Maybe something to do with Multi-Monitor setup.

Will work on it some more over the weekend.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

with the arrival of the su11 and the dc-3, isn't it too late???
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

Anyone having issues with taking off? I go to full power and push the stick forwards to lift the tail as the aircraft starts to roll, however nothing happens until suddenly the aircraft lifts off with the tail down and pitches up almost to the point of stalling. Trim and CG positions look fine. Any ideas? Otherwise agree that aside from the liveries, this is an amazing machine!

The door hinges on the C-47 cargo door are a bit challenging to paint, so I've shelved the Dutch version for now, and tried something really simple:
    AA (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

AA (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

AA (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

AA (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

now on flightsim.to
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 4