AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 5
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Thanks John.... that's a head scratcher.

Maybe it will be a local legend release?

Eagerly awaiting this release, but man, I hope Asobo hasn't managed to insert themselves into the AH DC-3. They seem to screw up every third party add-on they get involved with, IMHO. Plus, I HATE buying anything from the Marketplace.

Just my .02 cents.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_mac View Post
    Who knows!?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    I HATE buying anything from the Marketplace.

Just my .02 cents.

Kent
    I am with you on that one.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

From what I have read so far, the MSFS 40th Anniversary giveaways slated for Nov'22 will include a DC-3.
    I also read that AH is among the Developers working with Asobo on the 40th package.
    I wonder if Baz could throw some light on whether the DC-3 is the AH version they have been developing, & whether it will include a C-47 variant??
    T43

Yes, I am delighted and thrilled to finally announce that Aeroplane Heaven has been invited to partner with Microsoft to bring you the DC-3/C-47 package as part of the free 40th Anniversary pack in November. We have been under an NDA for a while but now we can finally talk about this exciting opportunity for us and for you guys. The package will be the self-same one we would release ourselves with more features and additional advantages. The best thing is that it will now, of course, be FREE!

Also, as part of the 40th. Anniversary, we will be releasing the entire livery pack from the original pack specifications, absolutely free. All your favourite airlines and a few interesting ones including South American and Iceland.

The soundpack is now completed and authored by the best in the business. The flight model is also now complete and is also authored by one of the best out there to ensure you get the closest DC-3 experience to real there is. Together with Microsoft we will further develop systems and other features to bring you the definitive DC-3 for Flight Simulator.

Absolutely thrilled about this! Would have been a day one purchase for me, but to get this absolute beauty as part of the 40th Anniversary edition is just stunning. Congratulations!
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Yes, I am delighted and thrilled to finally announce that Aeroplane Heaven has been invited to partner with Microsoft to bring you the DC-3/C-47 package as part of the free 40th Anniversary pack in November. We have been under an NDA for a while but now we can finally talk about this exciting opportunity for us and for you guys. The package will be the self-same one we would release ourselves with more features and additional advantages. The best thing is that it will now, of course, be FREE!

Also, as part of the 40th. Anniversary, we will be releasing the entire livery pack from the original pack specifications, absolutely free. All your favourite airlines and a few interesting ones including South American and Iceland.

The soundpack is now completed and authored by the best in the business. The flight model is also now complete and is also authored by one of the best out there to ensure you get the closest DC-3 experience to real there is. Together with Microsoft we will further develop systems and other features to bring you the definitive DC-3 for Flight Simulator.
    Fantastic news.

T43

Yes, I am delighted and thrilled to finally announce that Aeroplane Heaven has been invited to partner with Microsoft to bring you the DC-3/C-47 package as part of the free 40th Anniversary pack in November. .
    Congratulations on your partnership with MS/ASOBO on this project! and I have to admit I like the price. Good on ya there at AH, Bazzar
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Hope you got some of that sweet, sweet Microsoft money for having to forego direct sales. Congrats on the partnership!

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_mac View Post
    btw. You had right! Are you the fairy?

What is good for us the price will be lower than if AH would release it himself (but they will sell much more copies now - for each MSFS user) = means 0 for us? Btw. November only ?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The DC-3 is part of the 40th Anniversary edition which will be free, releasing in November. Therefore, yes it will be free. Also the multiple livery add-on pack we will release at the same time.

Thx for clarification Baz!

Btw. maybe not full res screenshot but Im happy what I see - finally the correct version brackets of main wheels ! Thank You.

The DC-3 is part of the 40th Anniversary edition which will be free, releasing in November. Therefore, yes it will be free. Also the multiple livery add-on pack we will release at the same time.
    Bazzar, could you ID the add-on liveries pack a bit more ? (Is it from an AH FSX release, or P3D, or somewhere else)?
    I'm trying to track down the liveries that will be in it.
    Thanks
    T43

WTG Baz (And everyone on the team that created it)! I was wondering if that was yours in the video. It's a shame we'll have to wait until November for it, but it will be worth it. It looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Bazzar, could you ID the add-on liveries pack a bit more ? (Is it from an AH FSX release, or P3D, or somewhere else)?
    I'm trying to track down the liveries that will be in it.
    Thanks
    T43
    Here are the versions and liveries.

These are all new, MSFS dedicated liveries.

DC-3 Left Pax door
    DC-3 Right Pax door
    DC-3 Pax/Cargo configuration
    DC-3 Cargo configuration

Liveries:
    American Airlines
    Delta Airlines
    United Airlines
    Pan American Airways
    Air France
    Ansett ANA
    BEA
    BUA
    Buffalo Airways
    ICELANDAIR
    KLM
    OLYMPIC Airways
    SABENA
    Swissair
    TAA
    Tranzamazonica Airlianes
    VARIG

This livery pack will be released as a FREE DOWNLOAD at the same time of the 4th. Anniversary release.

Thanks Baz, indeed an extensive list.
    What is the status of a C-47 variant as it was included back when AH was going to release the Douglas package?
    T43

The C-47 will be there but unfortunately we cannot include the 101st. Airborne as there are strict rules governing weapons etc. in Microsoft products and/ or anything in the Marketplace. So we will be depicting the C-47 as a military transport. Again, there are some licensing issues apparently with US armed forces so we know that MS has a license for the Navy but not the other branches. We will issue USAAF and ARMY liveries in the free add-on pack. We will have more information later as we go down the road.

The C-47 will be there --- We will have more information later as we go down the road.
    Ok
    Thank you!
    T43

OH MAN!!!! I was really looking forward to this one coming along soon. Well, still looking forward to it. it looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Be a great base for so many repaints - TWA, Eastern, all the countless ones that flew out of Miami in the 70s, 80s, and even up until today! Still waiting on a Beech E-18 or G-18! Cargo has to go!!

Don BP

The C-47 will be there but unfortunately we cannot include the 101st. Airborne as there are strict rules governing weapons etc. in Microsoft products and/ or anything in the Marketplace. So we will be depicting the C-47 as a military transport. Again, there are some licensing issues apparently with US armed forces so we know that MS has a license for the Navy but not the other branches. We will issue USAAF and ARMY liveries in the free add-on pack. We will have more information later as we go down the road.
    Perhaps a few USAF C-47 ones as well? And will there be a paintkit available for the DC-3/C-47? Hoping so.

Kent

Is there any glimmer of hope for N44V to get rendered in paint? She's based at the air museum in Charlotte NC and I've had the pleasure of touring her a couple of times. I'd really love to fly on her, but that expense is just a bit high for me. (The Airbus in the background is the one Sully put into the Hudson.)

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hope so, too. We gave it a try many years ago...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-14 09.18.54.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	87636

unfortunately we cannot include the 101st. Airborne as there are strict rules governing weapons etc. in Microsoft products and/ or anything in the Marketplace.
    No Spooky then....

Members who have read this thread: 5