AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Thank You Baz! Great info I really appreciate that.

Btw. I chose the best skin for me, really dirt and ugly. The only rhetorical question - what can I transport from Colombia?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

'Treetop Flyer' from Stephen Stills comes to mind, YoYo

@Baz ..calmy pressing the refresh button on your website bruh...and strumming my Hummingbird
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Cigars and the finest guitar tonewoods in the World. Oh and some other things...

Thank you AH for including so many wonderful liveries based on the previews I've seen. Especially keen on the Icelandair one.

You're welcome. It's difficult to please everyone. We will be releasing livery packs, depending on how well this goes. Also, a paintkit.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Btw. I chose the best skin for me, really dirt and ugly. The only rhetorical question - what can I transport from Colombia?

I agree with that paint, love the weathering and dirt. Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    You're welcome. It's difficult to please everyone. We will be releasing livery packs, depending on how well this goes. Also, a paintkit.
    yay! bring on the paintkit!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    yay! bring on the paintkit!
    Not quite time for the Hallelujah Chorus, but I had hoped you would apply your talents to this release.
    So many interesting liveries out there, including the ones AH is starting with.
    & by that I mean they have chosen an eclectic mix, not that they need to be redone.
    T43

Sorry for reposting the pic, but it is worth it. Thank you for this awesome screenshot.
    I really look forward to the paint kit.

Best,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

No problems, I like this livery too.

BTW, for those wondering about the cowl-flaps, they are in "trail" setting and here we are cruising pretty nicely. Slow down a bit and they will open a bit more and so on. We are currently trying to get the sim to understand independent hydraulics (independent of engines). It's having trouble understanding the concept. You should be able to open the cowl-flaps and other hydraulically driven items just with the hand-pump providing hydro pressure. Otherwise, without engines, you won't get the flaps or gear down. Getting there.

No problems, I like this livery too.

BTW, for those wondering about the cowl-flaps, they are in "trail" setting and here we are cruising pretty nicely. Slow down a bit and they will open a bit more and so on. We are currently trying to get the sim to understand independent hydraulics (independent of engines). It's having trouble understanding the concept. You should be able to open the cowl-flaps and other hydraulically driven items just with the hand-pump providing hydro pressure. Otherwise, without engines, you won't get the flaps or gear down. Getting there.
    Bazzar, it seems that putting the finishing touches on some of the systems involves dealing with Sim vagaries, [not sure which word to use, mysteries, idiosyncrasies perhaps?], but where I am going is to query whether you will have time to Beta test a completed package & release it by 31st March, 2022, or realistically should we be circling April on our calendars?
    T43

We are tracking OK but floods and catastrophic computer failure have slowed us a tad. We'll see how we go but don't be surprised if it spills over into April. One thing we're not going to do is release before it's ready.

Thanks for the update, Baz.

We are tracking OK but floods and catastrophic computer failure have slowed us a tad. We'll see how we go but don't be surprised if it spills over into April. One thing we're not going to do is release before it's ready.
    No problem. We can wait as long as it takes. It will be the kind of addon for most the-first-day-of-purchase, regardless of the date .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Thanks for the update, Baz.
    No problem. We can wait as long as it takes. It will be the kind of addon for most the-first-day-of-purchase, regardless of the date .
    +1 on both accounts.

Baz, I hope you kept the computers dry with those floods
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    +1 on both accounts.

Baz, I hope you kept the computers dry with those floods
    I work desktop support, and I can tell you that moisture and computers definitely do NOT mix! I'm in the process of retiring a nearly brand new Lenovo T590 because the interior was soaked in Green Tea!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I work desktop support, and I can tell you that moisture and computers definitely do NOT mix! I'm in the process of retiring a nearly brand new Lenovo T590 because the interior was soaked in Green Tea!
    I thought green tea was an antioxidant
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Computers were as dry as we could provide but a power supply blew one out. Replacement comp now up and running. Happily all backups on big drives so no loss there. It was heart-in-mouth there for a short while...

Thank You Baz! Great info I really appreciate that.Btw. I chose the best skin for me, really dirt and ugly. The only rhetorical question - what can I transport from Colombia?
    You can transport coffee. Columbian is the best, rich full flavor.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

SOH-CM-2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAffTjepBcE
    WUX may happen b/4 DC3 is tested for release.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    B****R

T43

I can only imagine what it's like to try and create a functioning aircraft with constant updates coming out, it's got to be pretty dang rough. Thankfully there are people out there still willing to tackle that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    I can only imagine what it's like to try and create a functioning aircraft with constant updates coming out, it's got to be pretty dang rough. Thankfully there are people out there still willing to tackle that problem.
    Couldn't agree more. Mickey$oft never had a history of making life easy on third party developers but it's worse with MSFS.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    In some respects I wish Asobo would cut back on the frequency of WU & SU updates.
    Each seems to bring new issues, or upset stable aircraft or scenery.
    My .to file is full of aircraft, scenery & repaint updates, to the point where I can't keep up.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    1) I have no idea who this person is.
    2) Equally, I have no idea where he gets his misinformation.
    3) The DC-3 is not delayed because of SU8 or any other sim-related reason.

As I have mentioned on-line in several forums or posts, the DC-3 awaits its final flight model and sound adjustments. Both of these items are being handled out of house and we have to wait for extremely busy people. This guy obviously doesn't read much.

We will test against SU9, of course, but we do not anticipate anything dramatic that will need a lot of work.

The video is pure conjecture and supposition. It's value is questionable.

Members who have read this thread: 5