AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

AH DC-3 Imminent

https://msfsaddons.com/2022/03/14/ae...ing-very-soon/

Within this link you should be able to get to the AH Facebook page, which also summarizes the latest status.
    Looks very very good Bazzar.
    Well done
    T43

Looking at all the pics here ( thanks Twice! ) i'd even say AH is working on its Magnum Opus ! Wow!!

Are we there yet, Bazz ?....

So few screenies from this article, I look forward to also!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The geometry of the connector unfortunately still has the same error like P3D version, it's a pity but I will have to live with it. Its not visible from the pilot's perspective. .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Looking at all the pics here ( thanks Twice! ) i'd even say AH is working on its Magnum Opus ! Wow!!

Are we there yet, Bazz ?....
    I was a bit stunned to find 72 pics on the Facebook page, but there are some great liveries & shots there.
    Well worth a look.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    I was a bit stunned to find 72 pics on the Facebook page, but there are some great liveries & shots there.
    Well worth a look.
    T43
    Right, a lot!
    https://www.facebook.com/Aeroplaneheaven/photos .

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

The geometry of the connector unfortunately still has the same error like P3D version, it's a pity but I will have to live with it. Its not visible from the pilot's perspective. .
    Now you're 'searching for nails at low tide', Yoyo. (dutch expression "spijkers op laag water zoeken" https://englishdocs.eu/looking-for-nails-at-low-tide/ ). A DC-3/C-47 undercarriage has never looked so real in our beloved virtual flying world like as shown in the screenshot. I think we can safely say that for every undercarriage here in MSFS. And it certainly is no error, it's artistic freedom. An error would be if the wheels were square.

Now you're 'searching for nails at low tide', Yoyo. (dutch expression "spijkers op laag water zoeken" https://englishdocs.eu/looking-for-nails-at-low-tide/ ). A DC-3/C-47 undercarriage has never looked so real in our beloved virtual flying world like as shown in the screenshot. I think we can safely say that for every undercarriage here in MSFS. And it certainly is no error, it's artistic freedom. An error would be if the wheels were square.
    Indeed, the words nit picking come to mind. Judging by the screenshots, it's going to be a beautiful model and I for one will be all over it.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

it's artistic freedom
    yes it's my deviation, but i'll remember that name . March promises to be very interesting, but there will also be Apache for DCS so there will be plenty to fly.

You are going to have to explain IN DETAIL what your problem is with this gear or stop commenting. The rear strut is attached to the triangular webbed link at the BOTTOM bolt as per your photo. The small diameter struts are attached to the TOP REAR bolt. The link PIVOTS on the FRONT TOP bolt, the angle of the link changes depending on the weight applied to the gear. The angle of your photo is much shallower than the screenshotof our DC-3 so the airframe looks to be at a steeper angle in the screenshot than it really is. I have had the action of this gear explained to me by a RW engineer pilot with time on type. There is no other way to connect the various parts other than that above. To have the link in a fixed angle would mean that the gear would never be able to compress. Think about it. here is a closer shot of the gear on our DC-3 and the real thing for comparison.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gear.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	86591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC-3-Landing-Gear.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	86592

linkage between the bracing wishbone strut and the main oleo struts - is meant to 'float' or 'flex' to allow freedom of movement between those main components during the LG extend /retract moment.
    the weight of the aircraft, whether the aircraft is rolling or stationary, whether brakes are being applied to the aircraft as it is rolling forward or being pushed back would all affect the angle of those connecting widgets.

Carry on Bazzar - the Douglas DC-3 / C-47 looks outstanding.

For what it's worth I've been studying the LG of this aircraft for a scale model project slated for this summer. Plan to have operable LG among other features...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

The World needs a good quality, accurate large scale model of this iconic aeroplane. It has always amazed me that the major houses have never done something at say 1:32. It's crying out for it. We have a Lancaster in that scale now (probably two) why not a DC-3/C-47?

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The World needs a good quality, accurate large scale model of this iconic aeroplane. It has always amazed me that the major houses have never done something at say 1:32. It's crying out for it. We have a Lancaster in that scale now (probably two) why not a DC-3/C-47?
    100% AGREE!! They have the Lancaster, B-17, and several others. They can easily do a C-47 / DC-3. While 1/48 is my scale, I'd venture into 1/32 world for the right subject. This would be it!

Don BP

the Guillow balsa kit is 1/32 scale

I'll be building it as a display model using the infill method - similar to what my friend David Duckett did here..

The model comes with the classic Eastern Airlines decals as well as a generic set of markings for a C-47 but mine will
    be in the Western AL livery

And I agree though that there ought to be a big and highly detailed plastic model kit of this aircraft available - Trumpeter, Revell Germany, Tamiya, Hobby Boss - somebody reputable.
    As it is I'll have to scratch build the engines and make drastic changes to the LG to make this Guillow kit presentable
    enter..the Sandman

back on topic - I am hoping to use the AH example as a reference here and there once I get started

So glad to see it being reprised and updated for MSFS !
    enter..the Sandman

Just one thing mate, do me a flavour and deepen those cockpit windows, they're too shallow. Looks like she's squinting.

LOL - I'm cutting them in and glazing them from the inside with acetate sheeting - Dave went with the painted on method for his model. Artistic license.

Yes - I'll be reviewing many photo's and drawings of the DC-3 before starting on the model.
    enter..the Sandman

? This is video from P3D.
    Yes, it's written under the video.
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I'll be building it as a display model using the infill method - similar to what my friend David Duckett did here..
    Check this https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twi...e-retract.html , really big scale!

? This is video from P3D.
    Yes this is the video produced for our P3D version NOT the MSFS version. A new one is being shot now.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    You are going to have to explain IN DETAIL what your problem is with this gear ...
    Hi Baz, Im happy to explain and help if there is such a question, of course I can only base on the photos from MSFS that you uploaded yourself, but I suspect there are no changes to the last model of the P3Dv5 version here, which was also released as free. The links were corrected in the last patch (between brackets) for P3D version and I can see that, thank you for that, but I wrote about it before. The problem, however, is with the proportions and scale of the connector (triangular part) and the wrong positioning of the screws. This element is triangular. The effect is that the model seems to droop too much all the time even with a weight of zero, which is why it is as visible even to my eye. You can click on the pictures to see better resolutions:

1/ this DC-3 with broken shock absorber (as an example of maximum deflection):

2/ now I will explain this part, already in this photo you can see that the model is too descending and the triangular part of the connector is too big

here is a comparison to P3D, same shot, green triangle - shows correct angles and size (this part is much smaller than in the model), red as in the model. Please note that the real part is really small, looking at the aspect ratio, the yellow dot shows the correct place of the central screw, this element is too big, therefore this element in the model falls so much. This picture is made (P3D) without load, cargo weight zero. By reducing this element and moving the central screw forward, you will get the correct angles.

3/ in the air (maybe it's ok in MSFS but I'd like to add that). Here is just a guess, note that in P3D this part does not straighten under load, no animation, maybe in MSFS it is corrected? Without load, there should be essentially a straight line at the joints of the brackets.

Here videos how its work:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq-QKqfO14o
    https://youtu.be/ANXRlvi90S8

It was done very well on the Manfred's model for FSX / P3D model, of course its not as detailed as on the AH model but the angles and proportions are kept very well. Please check it. If I helped - I'm happy.
    Maybe it will be fixed someday, or in a patch? The DC-3 is a very well documented model, I think it's worth it. The model looks great and personally I only miss the fix here, sooner or later.

YoYo
    FYI: I get this message on some of your image links. but not all of them.

"Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.

Let's split up, gang. If you're looking for an image, it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.
    If you are looking for groovy images, visit our gallery!"

T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    YoYo
    FYI: I get this message on some of your image links. but not all of them.

"Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.

Let's split up, gang. If you're looking for an image, it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.
    If you are looking for groovy images, visit our gallery!"

T43
    Sometimes Imgur has internal problems, I see all those pictures (and can click on it), something with his server happens sometimes, try later.

and that Catalina is pretty special too -
    unfortunately I don't have room for such large scale projects.
    I do appreciate the LG details and have saved those images for reference - thank you YoYo
    enter..the Sandman

As we approach release and with further mods happening, we will address the link dimensions YoYo. So everyone can relax.

Members who have read this thread: 5