Gloster Meteor F8 Skins

Thread: Gloster Meteor F8 Skins

Gloster Meteor F8 Skins

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - Korean Era

Description: This package contains textures from the now free-ware Alphasim Gloster Meteor. It depicts the airworthy Gloster Meteor F.8 from the Temora Aviation Museum. The aircraft is painted in the colours of the RAAF Meteor A77-851/WK863, which was flown by Flying Officer George Hale during the Korean War. On 27th March 1953 he engaged multiple Mig-15 aircraft. He was credited with one aircraft damaged, probably destroyed and one aircraft damaged.

To use this repaint you should have the Alphsim Gloster Meteor F3 (which includes the F8 version) installed.

This should be it.

Enjoy.Huub Vink
    February 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Gloster Meteor F8 Halestorm
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks for that huub

Many thanks Huub
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Icon5

Or sometime in the future, you could always put that skin on a decent F8 Meteor model...

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meteor F8.jpg  

Nice Mark! Did you extend the nacelles? Also the mapping from the nacelles is a bit of a problem on the old Alphasim model (the top is stretched far too much). And "reflective" will be appreciated.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon12

Ha! No this is a Chris Lampard build.

He originally built this in 2019 along with the excellent tex, and the FSDS file has been languishing on my HDD for a long time. Although working for them, he didn't build the Alphasim one, but you can see the commonalities.

He didn't finish this F8 (external details, cockpit detail, no VC etc), and there is still a lot to do, but I lengthened the fuselage, re-shaped the nose and put in a decent 50's pilot, to get it to this stage.

Now Huub, as you know the AS Meatbox F8 has the wrong nose contour/length, the tail is too short and although the nacelles are longer than their MkIII, they are still too short, oh and the wing drop tanks are incorrect..lol...but this model gets it right.

I can't promise when this will be finished, as always so much else to do.

Cheers

Shessi

Would love to see an improved meteor by you shessi

I will have a look at it, but couldn't you have mentioned this before I made the paintkit for the Alphasim F.8?

Cheers,
    Huub

Ha ha...sorry Huub, but it was because of your post that triggered me into 'show and tell'

TBH, I've been looking and finding good looking MkI and MkIII's. The CFS3 MkIII by the the AvHistory guys is very good and much better than the AS one. And I found a half decent MkI by a female, which will look good or be a donor to convert the MkIII into a MkI. If you don't mind I'll post a few Meatbox shots on this post.

Cheers

Shessi

Response

Just thought I would interject here. Huub, if Shessi and I had been aware that you planned doing a repaint of the Alphasin 8
    you would have been made aware of the existence of the more accurate yellow job. I'll now butt out and re-assume ultra-low profile!

RAAF Gloster Meteor F8 Meteorites

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - Cold War

Description: This package contains textures from the now free-ware Alphasim Gloster Meteor. It depicts the a Gloster Meteor F.8 from the RAAF's first aerobatics team "the Meteorites". The “Meteorites” were an aerobatic display team in the Royal Australian Air Force. The team was formed in August 1956 flying with three Gloster Meteor F.8 aircraft from No. 78 (Fighter) Wing based at Williamtown, N.S.W. The Meteorites aerobatic team performed its first display in September at the Williamtown’s Air Force Week. The Meteorites pilots were: Team leader, F/Lt. J.H Flemming, No.2, F/Sgt. F.P. Riley, and No.3, F/Sgt. O.R.F. Bartrop. After 23 displays, in February 1957, the team was disbanded.

To use this repaint you should have the Alphsim Gloster Meteor F3 (which includes the F8 version) installed.

This should be it.

Enjoy.
    Huub Vink
    March 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RAAF Gloster Meteor F8 Meteorites
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Today I started to work on a paintkit for Chris Lampard's, but as I already told Shessi, it can take a while before it is finished as real life is a bit time consuming. The shape of the model is indeed much closer to the real thing than the old Alphasim version.

But meanwhile you can play with this:

Just uploaded a Gloster Meteor from the Royal Australian Air Force's first aerobatics demonstration team the Meteorites.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Very nice repaint Huub. Thanks for sharing.

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Members who have read this thread: 1