TOW Pt. I 1940-42 is released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TOW Pt. I 1940-42 is released!

And of course, to keep myself entertained as I sift my way through, I jump to dressing up the 'marketing materials' from time to time.

Nice!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

OK, so I have NO FREAKING CLUE why this works, but the trick I tried in an earlier install just to try to get TOW1 running, seems to consistently fix the flashing ground thing. What I did was install TOW1 as instructed with Ankor's Dec 2019 shaders. That got the flashing. I then copied in the January 2018 ones (overwriting when asked) and then I copied in the Dec 2019 ones again (overwriting when asked again), and voila, no flashing! I even managed to hit Big Ben (just a little ahead of the nose and the port engine).

Just as a matter of interest, could you attach the

TextureMagic.ini
    and
    d3d8.ini

so that I can compare with waht I am using.

I get 'invalid file' messages if I try to attache them. Can I send them via FB Messenger?

Yes or change the files to xxxx,txt and try

I had the same thought after I had shut down earlier! See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks mate. I'll do a compare and get back.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to report that i can not completely install the TOW expansion. The radar app is seen as a virus by my security software. Each time i exempt it and when the program updates it removes it all over again. Can't seem to find a work around. Any body else run into the same problem and find a fix ? Have Win 10 Pro and use Windows Defender. Regards,Scott

Well, to quote
    "Note:
    The app is a cheat engine and therefore Windows tends to block it., That is also why there is no exe file uploaded but the file A.I.Radar.rename_to_EXE, which speaks for itself!

That is also why, in my (Mongoose) case, I downloaded it to a folder where the contents are accepted by the Windows OS. I then keep the exe file in that ‘protected’ folder and make an external shortcut to it and placed where I keep my current CFS3 exe shortcuts. Now, exactly how you do that depends on your set up; use Google or websites to find out if in doubt.

"

My folder is on my desktop, but could be anywhere. In a folder there, I keep all aspects of the app and get my Win 10 pro to list it under 'exclusions'

Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance then click Virus and threat protection, then Exclusions and add or remove exclusions
    C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\ETO TOW Shortcuts\AI Radar Plus\(all contents or what you like in the or similar named folder)

I also keep the downloaded zip file there so when Win10 occasionally gets difficult, I again unzip into that 'secure' folder.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the advice. Will try what you said. Really want to have TOW. One of the most interesting parts of the air war in WW II. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 18