Getting the AH C-119 into P3D v5.3 HF2??

Thread: Getting the AH C-119 into P3D v5.3 HF2??

Getting the AH C-119 into P3D v5.3 HF2??

Anyone been able to get the AH P3D v4 C-119 Fairchild into P3D v5.3, without also having P3D v4 loaded on their PC?
    Orbx Central looks for P3D v4 & won't download if it doesn't find it.
    I haven't got P3D v4 readily available & wonder if there is a workaround??
    T43

https://orbxdirect.com/product/aeroplaneheaven-c119

There is a registry hack (see YOUTUBE for the video how to) where you set up a P3DV4 registry entry but it contains a path to P3DV5 - that works for most installers that want P3DV4 not sure if it will trick the ORBX installer though because I tried that when I did a reinstallation of FSX (which is on my system i just wanted Vector to do some scenery stuff) and ORBXs installer completely messed up all my P3DV5 scenery as a result!

I had another look at this & found I had a backup of P3D v4 on a portable HD.
    I plugged that in, then via file manager, opened it up so that P3D v4.exe was showing on the screen. [I didn't start P3D v4, just had P3D v4.exe showing in a directory with other v4 files]
    Then I opened Orbx Central, & it found P3D v4, so I went to Orbxdirect & downloaded the C-119 to a Library folder on my C drive.
    I then copied the C-119 into P3D v5.3 HF2 [Simobjects/Airplanes], & copied the C-119 Effects & Gauges files contents over to v5.3.
    It all works in v5.3.
    Good one to have.
    T43

Good one if you have a spare copy of V4!

Members who have read this thread: 1