Mick temporarily unavailable

Thread: Mick temporarily unavailable

Mick temporarily unavailable

Just to let anyone know who might send me a PM or ask a question, I am off line. My confuter has crashed terminally and needs a complete rebuild.

My techie friend who will do the job doesn't have much time, as he's been plagues by personal issues, health issues, and keeps getting slowed down further as his lady's kids keep getting exposed to the plague at school, resulting to the whole crew having to isolate for a while whenever there's an exposure and sometimes having to quarantine when one of the actually gets sick.

I will try to check in from time to time on a friends computer but I don't want to become a pest to her.

Anyway, it will be days before my friend can come to check out my rig, more days to do the rebuild and recover all my stuff, and maybe weeks if we have to send away for components, which we probably will have to do.

Cheers for now,

Mick

Were all having PC problems these day's, wonder if its anything to do with the Russians . Your's sounds a lot more involved than mine, see you on the other side

cheers ian

Not nice to hear Mick, I hope you didn't loose any data. So far I don't have any issues with my private computer (My work laptop is a mess, but that hasn't anything to do with Russians, but is caused by our IT policy).
    I hope you can get your parts soon, as it seems that spare items are hard to deliver.

Cheers,
    Huub

Well, I'm sort of available. My rig is still out of service and I'm using a computer at the local library to check my mail, pay my bills and do some shopping. My primary drive went belly up, and it's digital drive and non-recoverable. I have the previous (non-digital) drive and my techie friend will clone it, then I'll have to update everything from 2016 to now. I don't think I've lost anything except possibly the last two days of work on my current project with David. I have everything, except maybe those two days' work, saved in my backup system but we have to get a new drive to put everything on. When this happened in 2016 my friend Rob, who is (or was before an accident and medical issues put him out of work for a while) an IT professional, was out of work and living in an extremely toxic relationship that made him eager to get out of the house for any reason, and was happy to work for pizza and beer. Now he's in a solid relationship with another woman (and her three kids,) getting some work, catching up on several years of backed-up jobs on two houses, dealing with multiple medical problems, and doesn't drink anymore. This time I intend to pay him for his time, but sadly, he has very little time these days. We have to make some decisions on hardware purchases, and first we (well, he) need to check out the rig and see what the options might be. Then send out for parts and components and wait for delivery in the midst of supply chain and delivery troubles. Then Rob has to put the system back together, including cloning operations that run for hours and hours. Then I have to update everything. Only then will I find out for sure if I've lost the two most difficult and fiddly days of work on the most challenging and difficult textures on the project. And finish the project. I think it will be worth the wait, but I'm getting very frustrated.

Members who have read this thread: 0