Anyone knows anything about what's the deal with Headsets Reviews on the Tube these days ?.. There's a truckload of them, singled out products and/or compairing them to eachother. Do these guys get payed to praise and rave about them ? Or are these reviews honest and unbiased personal opinions ? (must say i am very much beginning to doubt that !). I guess they must atleast get a free copy of the product they are reviewing, right ? And so, hence forth, are already feeling obliged to praise the product, right ?

I just bought a relatively expensive headset, Astro A50, just because it seems to be praised and loved by a lot of reviewers also by comparison with other headsets. Actually i failed to find anything that these reviewers are so praised and happy about !

The problem is that i have a lot on my mind when it comes to a headset. In the first place it must be wireless, must also be able to be charged via a base stand, must be over-ear and very comfortable preferable makes me forget i am actually wearing a headset. Atleast when it comes to latter the Astro A50 does a very bad job indeed. I feel my head is being kind of squished together a bit when i'm wearing it. Certainly compared to the (more or less cheapish) JBL Quantum 300 headset i was using before i bought this Astro monster...

I really liked the JBL headset because you do really forget you're wearing it because it is so light and comfortable. It's the dreaded wire that made me look for a wireless headset. Then why no JBL Quantum 600 wireless over-ear headset for under 100 euro ??... Yes, true, my bad....

Well, it doesn't come with a base station. I don't want to go mess about with wires and tiny plugs again (have to put on my reading glasses even to find these idiotic tiny plug inputs...) So, i thought, base station is a must, also helps to neatly stash away that precious headset. Remarkably enough i found only ONE headset in between hundreds of them that uses a base station: the Astro A50. For heaven's sake Why????.... Oh, well.. (plenty of wireless headphones with base/charging stations but seems all about TV or audio installations. not so much PC or 'gaming' for that matter)

Anyway, i have two choices now, deal with that wretched wire or get used to that uncomfortable and heavy Astro 50. These reviewers all say that the Astro 50 is light and feels comfortable. So, am i right in thinking that they *get payed* to say that ?? Or do they really mean what they say about that ?....

I really feel i have been 'sweet talked' into buying this Astro 50 by these reviewers' praise and promotion. (aka are these 'reviews' really nothing but promotion and are we, potentional buyers, better to leave them for granted (some of these guys can be quite irritating too, sjeeezzz...let's do a 'who talks fasted' competition. Maybe, as an old farth, i have finally lost my grip..))

Love to hear anyone's opinion. Thanks !

Btw, the Astro A50 *does* sound very nice and recharging the accu or batteries does work very well via the base station too, so not all is lost...

( i need headphones because i just don't want my neighbours to fall out of bed in the middle of the night by the big noise of 4 Pratt&Whitney Double Wasp's coupled with 4 Hamilton Standard constant-speed propellers)

Cheers,
Jan