***NOTAM on the SSW TF-104G*****

Thread: ***NOTAM on the SSW TF-104G*****

***NOTAM on the SSW TF-104G*****

All,

I fired up MSFS this weekend to take a spin in the excellent TF-104G by SSW. I immediately noticed that upon loading the sim, the TF-104 appeared to have blue smoke coming from beneath the left wing. Takeoff and performance was normal, but in the air, particularly if I pulled Gs, the telltale "campfire" smoke would appear under the left wing and curl over over the top of the fuselage.

Cutting to the chase:
    In response, I removed every aircraft add-on that I had bought and/or loaded since the Christmas/early January - the last time I flew the Starfighter and it behaved normally, then tried it as I added each back in. Turns out the Redwing L-1049 is the package that causes this issue with the TF-104G. So if you are seeing this smoke, that's why. Simply drag the L-1049 folder out of your "Community" folder before you launch MSFS anytime you want to fly the Zipper, and you should be good to go.

Kent

Thx for letting us know!! Good show!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I am also having a similar issue sometimes where, no matter what aircraft I'm flying at the time, the idle sound of the DC-6 will suddenly begin to play. It's not affected by throttle movement, just the idle wav file. It eventually stops, I think when I get far enough from the area I took off. It happens randomly. Maybe certain sound files have the same title? One of them mysteries of MSFS I guess.

Members who have read this thread: 0