Miles M14a Magister Skins

Thread: Miles M14a Magister Skins

Miles M14a Magister Skins

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This is a repaint for the nice FS2004 Miles M14A Magister by Edward Cook. Be aware that Edward Cook released two different Magister models. This repaint is intended to be used on the pre-war model with spatted main wheels (mm14_v06.zip). The model is available at Flightsim.com.

The livery shows an aircraft in the colours from the aerobatic team from the Central Flying School at Upavon Airfield, Withshire in 1937. It was one of the very first Magisters delivered to the RAF.

To use this repaint you should have the pre-war Miles M14A Magister installed.

This should be it.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    February 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Miles M14a Magister RAF Aerobatics team 1937
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks for this Huub. This gave me a chance to fly a type I wouldn't ordinarily and turns out I enjoy it a lot. I did download the model you mention however your repaint referred to a "model1" but the model I downloaded wasn't named that way. Regardless the livery looks great and definitely an enjoyable airplane to fly. Thanks again.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Thanks for this Huub. This gave me a chance to fly a type I wouldn't ordinarily and turns out I enjoy it a lot. I did download the model you mention however your repaint referred to a "model1" but the model I downloaded wasn't named that way. Regardless the livery looks great and definitely an enjoyable airplane to fly. Thanks again.
    I'm glad you like it Ed! And I was already unsure when I wrote me readme file. I have tinkered a bit too much with the model. I have the different models in one install and numbered the different model files....

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm glad you were able to sort it out.

Cheers,
    Huub

Miles Magister texture package 1

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This package contains 3 texture sets for the Miles M.14a Magister by Edward Cook. They are intended to be used on the model with the spats, which is the file mm14_v06.zip, available at Flightsim.com.

Aircraft L5829 shows a Magister from the Elementary Flying Training School in Hucknall, Nottinghamshire during 1938. It is painted in the standard pre-war overall yellow livery with the pre-war type A-roundels.

Aircraft R1918 shows the Magister during 1941 when it was assigned to 312th Czechoslovak Fighter Squadron, as a squadron hack for transportation and general flying. The orginally yellow aircraft has partly been overpainted with a dark green and dark earth camouflage scheme.

Aircraft R1883 is a Magister used for general transportation in Alexandria Egypt during 1941. It was painted in a dark earth and mid stone camouflage scheme with azur blue under surfaces.

Credits go to Edward (or Ted) Cook for this lovely model and Martin Wright for his great graphic tool dtxbmp, without which I wouldn't have been able to do these repaints.

This should be it.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    February 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Miles Magister texture package 1
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Members who have read this thread: 0