Curtiss Tomahawk IIB 112sqn RAF Egypt 1941

Thread: Curtiss Tomahawk IIB 112sqn RAF Egypt 1941

Curtiss Tomahawk IIB 112sqn RAF Egypt 1941

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This is a repaint for the shareware Curtiss P40C/Tomahawk Mk11B SP1 by Bruce Thorson. This model is avialable at Flightsim.com (hawk81b.zip)

This repaint shows one of the first Tomahwaks from 112 Squadron which carried a shark mouth. As you can see the early shark mouths looked a bit different than the later versions. It was based at Sidi Heneish, Egypt, Summer 1941. The AK376 was delivered in the adapted Curtiss/Dupont factory scheme of Dark Green/Dark Earth and DuPont Light Grey. The Dark Green was later over painted with Middle Stone, and the undersides in Azure Blue. The personal marking of the pilot was most likely based on the Pontiac Indian car hood ornament.

To use this repaint you should have the shareware Curtiss P40C/Tomahawk Mk11B SP1 by Bruce Thorson installed.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    February 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Curtiss Tomahawk IIB 112sqn RAF_Egypt_1941
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Nice work, as always!

Blog Entries

Nice model.... great paint.... but...

Pray tell... what do I have to do to make it fly straight!!!! lol
    Takes of fine... then all hell breaks loose! What do I have to fix to make flight right?
    G.

very nice indeed

Thanks,

for the nice words guys and it is especially nice when you get the compliments of a fellow repainter.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Pray tell... what do I have to do to make it fly straight!!!! lol
    Takes of fine... then all hell breaks loose! What do I have to fix to make flight right?
    G.
    G,

The model is very nose heavy, but you can trim this out. However there is never a moment of rest, because you need to compensate the used fuel. You are not the only one who has problems to fly this model. At Flightsim.com there is a package with alternative flight dynamics available. This package is done by Michal Lubiscak and the filre name is curhawk_cu.zip.

Rami did alternative flight dynamics for the CFS2 converted model. They can be found here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d-airfiles-zip

And the converted model by Bearcat241 has alternative CFS2 flight dynamics as well : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...P-40C_HAWK-zip

I don't know whether these packages will solve the nose-heavy behaviour, as I took the challenge and still fly the model with Bruce Thorson's original flight dynamics. As the later models had an extended fuselage, and the P40 B/C fuselage was based on the shorter P36, I always thought that the nose-heavy behaviour might be realistic. But as I don't have any experience with a real P40, this is just my personal fantasy.

The texture packages RobH did for the CFS2 conversion are highly recommended. Especially with the the planned Hawaii release by Ian, is the USA_P-40-B/C Skin Pack a must (contains 3 skins for Hawaii based aircraft!).

Cheers,
    Huub

Really nice work!!

Thank you uploading this paint Huub. About Bruce Thorson P-40 heavy nose behavior, I kind of like it, keeps you busy in the air, and almost little too scary to land nicely. But still it is one of the finest and most good looking Curtiss P-40 for Fs2004!

Cheers
    Dag

Members who have read this thread: 0