Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FREEE dom

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello Daveq,

First of all, thank you for helping me!
    However, I do not progress!
    I recap my actions:
    -I chosen in Orbx Products, then I choose FSX./p3d then Aircraft, but I do not have free planes AH!
    I'm going to Freeware, I selected a plane, clicking on his picture, right I click on "Add to account", it's validated by the appearance of "Open in Orbx Central" !
    And after I do not know what To do!!!!
    -If I click on this last message it opens the reinstallation of ORBX Central !!!
    I do not see anywhere "Install"
    Complicated all that !!!

Alain
    Alain,
    the AH models don't appear in the "Store" tab of Orbx Central. They are under Partners. Go there and then you will see Aeroplane Heaven as a partner. Click there and you should see the models.

Orbx Central should look like this

I manually downloaded the AH Globe Swift from AH website to a desktop folder and pointed their installer to the same folder, then copied what files I wanted into the FSX folders. Nice and clean - and I know where everything is.

Unfortunately, with Orbx Central, there is no manual install option. Makes it much harder to figure out what is installed where.

Anyone know what FSX folders the C-119 Fairchild installs what into ?

Flying mostly civilian aircraft, I find the C-119 seems to have a lot of 'extras' I probably will not make much use of, hence, would not install.

I love the model for it's unique appearance and wing configuration.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I manually downloaded the AH Globe Swift from AH website to a desktop folder and pointed their installer to the same folder, then copied what files I wanted into the FSX folders. Nice and clean - and I know where everything is.

Unfortunately, with Orbx Central, there is no manual install option. Makes it much harder to figure out what is installed where.

Anyone know what FSX folders the C-119 Fairchild installs what into ?

Flying mostly civilian aircraft, I find the C-119 seems to have a lot of 'extras' I probably will not make much use of, hence, would not install.

I love the model for it's unique appearance and wing configuration.

Like you I prefer civilian aircraft, but I did find a few non military textures for the C-199 .... here's one at at Avsim ...

File Description:
    This folder contains a repaint for the Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar by Aeroplane Heaven, in the colors of Fairchild C-119 N8504X that operated on the salmon run from Anchorage. It was originally 53-8142 with the USAF, but became N8504X in 1980. It crashed at Shageluk, AK in 1987. The wreck is currently in use as a workshop in Shageluk. Repaint by Jan Kees Blom, based on the paintkit by Aeroplane Heaven.
    Filename: jk_c-119_n8504x.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 10th December 2018, 02:49:50
    Downloads: 122
    Author: Jan Kees Blom
    Size: 97141kb

" ... Anyone know what FSX folders the C-119 Fairchild installs what into ? ..."

In my FSX:SE setup it appears as if everything is in the one folder .... FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes ... AH_Fairchild_C119

[QUOTE=...
    I've always found CTRL+E works faultlessly with the Tiffy! [/QUOTE]

Sure but you don't get the bang just as you touch the button
    Thanks for the cfg tip

SOH-CM-2022

Thanks Baz

I just realized that I forgot to thank Baz and Aeroplane Heaven for all the great models they have created over the years.
    Due to bandwidth issues I won't be moving to MSFS anytime soon but I still can enjoy a bunch of great AH models going as far back as the BF-109, F3F-2 and Hurricane in CFS2 and now the Hurricane and F3F-2 revived for FSX and P3D.

Thanks for all the great times.

Gavin

can only second and reinforce that

THANK YOU

and not to forget Seafire-->I moved to P3DV4.4 by MDLX

Best regards

Roland

QUESTION: Are the paint kits still available somewhere?

I could get the downloads as a file as they were automatically installed into FSX. No paint kit in the Docs folders.

Thanks

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    QUESTION: Are the paint kits still available somewhere?
    I'm surprised at the lack of repaints available for these newly freeware aircraft. They've all existed for some time and I would have thought there would be tons of additional textures for the Hurricane, B-17, Helldiver, etc. Hopefully now that they're free we'll be seeing a lot more available to download if all the repaint kits become available for download again. I'd love to fly the Helldiver in the colors of the CAF or the Military Aviation Museum's Hurricane.

I also want to add my thanks for the freebies

A note for others. I manged to get the He111 into P3Dv5 by installing into v4 first and then moving it but it CTD's while loading the flight.
    However I found that if you comment out or delete the [Vcockpit13] and [Vcockpit14] sections in the panel.cfg it will load OK
    These sections are only for the A2A windscreen rain effects so I can live without them.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thanks to Baz and the AH crew for offering these outstanding aircraft as freeware!
    Cheers!

The Old Master Sergeant
    Last edited by oldmsgt; February 8th, 2022 at 14:52.

Baz, very generous and most appreciated making these models freeware and also a great customer goodwill builder.

What happens with some of the older AH FSX models? Will the F4u Birdcage, P-51D, Mosquito, P-47 and others still be offered for sale at other sites (Just Flight) or withdrawn from sale or also made freeware?

Did the VC10 ever get finished?

Many thanks again!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

The VC10 was taken back over by Just Flight and completed by them as they wanted to go in a different direction such as XPlane etc. The other models you mention are actually Just Flight exclusive products. Although we built them, we have no control over sales. If they wish to make them freeware, that will be their decision. You could always ask them I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Like you I prefer civilian aircraft, but I did find a few non military textures for the C-199 .... here's one at at Avsim ...

File Description:
    This folder contains a repaint for the Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar by Aeroplane Heaven, in the colors of Fairchild C-119 N8504X that operated on the salmon run from Anchorage. It was originally 53-8142 with the USAF, but became N8504X in 1980. It crashed at Shageluk, AK in 1987. The wreck is currently in use as a workshop in Shageluk. Repaint by Jan Kees Blom, based on the paintkit by Aeroplane Heaven.
    Filename: jk_c-119_n8504x.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 10th December 2018, 02:49:50
    Downloads: 122
    Author: Jan Kees Blom
    Size: 97141kb

" ... Anyone know what FSX folders the C-119 Fairchild installs what into ? ..."

In my FSX:SE setup it appears as if everything is in the one folder .... FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes ... AH_Fairchild_C119

Thanks, Pete !

I hate playing 'hide and go seek' with auto-installers.
    I like to keep my FSX on a lean diet, running only the stuff I want and need.
    I will check this C-119 paint out.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Thanks to Baz and the AH crew for offering these outstanding aircraft as freeware!
    Cheers!

The Old Master Sergeant
    You are all very welcome. It is glad news to hear people are enjoying them. It's our way of thanking you for the support over the years.

We were intrigued to hear from our mates at ORBX that in the first 24 hours there were close to 6,500 downloads.

Thank you, the Hurricane is a beauty. Probably a lot more now as the word has spread.

Duckie some of the aircraft had paint kits in the aircraft folder.

Thanks Bazzar!

After I had some performance issues with the stunning Hurricane on my rig when it was just released, I was reluctant to purchase this one as well. So this opportunity was perfect for me to give the He 111 a try. And my fears were base on nothing as it actually runs very smooth.

Beautifully done model and an absolute great aircraft to fly!

Thanks again,
    Huub

Baz, I'll chime in with my thanks for this gesture to the community. I hope the goodwill you're building will result in more MSFS sales down the line. It certainly earns my loyalty.

There are several outstanding products here but I'd single out the DC-3/C-47 in particular. I never bought this because I was content with Jahn's, but it's a magnificent set of models. It wouldn't take anything more than a direct port of this for MSFS to bring out my wallet, but I'm sure your team has more in store.

August

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    Thank you, the Hurricane is a beauty. Probably a lot more now as the word has spread.

Duckie some of the aircraft had paint kits in the aircraft folder.
    Yep and I have those. However, in the free release of the B-17, Hurricane, and Typhoon there is no paint kit included.
    Duckie

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Yep and I have those. However, in the free release of the B-17, Hurricane, and Typhoon there is no paint kit included.
    Duckie,

In the past I have downloaded the Typhoon paintkit. YOu can download it from my dropbox here

As I have purchased the Hurricane at Just flight, perhaps the paintkit is still there. So I will have a look

Cheers,
    Huub

B-17 Repaints and paintkit

I created this repaint when I was flying with the 91st Bomb Group Virtual a number of years ago. I was in the 401st Bomb Squadron. A lot of good times and online friends. I was really excited when Aeroplane Heaven created an "F" model of the B-17 because my favorite noseart was Bomb Boogie which was an "F" not a "G" like the A2A B-17 is. Here is the repaint for Bomb Boogie which was lost on a bombing mission to Stuttgart 6 September 1943. This was done from a number of photos and the repaint is done exactly. All the names are accurate of the wives or girlfriends of the pilots and crew. I remember that it was very challenging to get the cowlings lettered and exactly located.

Last edited by tgycgijoes; February 9th, 2022 at 14:42.

Here Is the Second Repaint

When I was still flying with the 91stBG and had flown a number of missions we got a new pilot who was from Oklahoma and had just purchased the Aeroplane Heaven B-17F. He had seen the Oklahoma Okie noseart and wanted to fly it but was not a painter so I volunteered to repaint it for him. Oklahoma Okie was also a casualty of war, missing in action over Cognac 12/31/43. Here is Oklahoma Okie:

Oops Forgot

I forgot to give you the download link for Bomb Boogie and the Oklahoma Okie repaints which you will not find anywhere else, and the Paintkit V2 sorry here is a link on mediafire:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/atwuw...aints.zip/file

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Duckie,

In the past I have downloaded the Typhoon paintkit. YOu can download it from my dropbox here

As I have purchased the Hurricane at Just flight, perhaps the paintkit is still there. So I will have a look

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thanks very much Huub.

Steve
    Duckie

I would also like to add my thanks to Bazzar et al at AH for these gems! THANK YOU!!
    Matt

Hello everyone,

-I finally succeeded, not without harm, to download planes ah!
    But for me, Orbx is too complicated!
    Thank you all who helped me!

Alain
    -

Members who have read this thread: 2