FREEE dom
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FREEE dom

FREEE dom

We've taken the decision to cease all development for FSX (and P3D). As a result we are making all our products FREE to download. That's over 16 different titles. You will only be able to download from ORBX.

For anyone having bought an FSX (or P3D) product since January 21 2022, you will be entitled to a FULL REFUND.

More info on our FaceBook page.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us by buying in the past and we very much hope that you will continue to support us into the future.

SOH-CM-2024
    Wow... Many thanks...

It's been a heck of a run, eh? How many years? Thanks for the work over the years!

- Mike Z.

Hi Mike,

We've been going for a tad over 22 years now. We haven't stopped, just no more FSX or P3D. MSFS, full steam ahead these days.

That's good news for the MSFS folks.
    Best of luck to you in the future and thank you for this parting gift.

So, I will never get my long waited Caravelle...

Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We've taken the decision to cease all development for FSX (and P3D). As a result we are making all our products FREE to download. That's over 16 different titles. You will only be able to download from ORBX.

For anyone having bought an FSX (or P3D) product since January 21 2020, you will be entitled to a FULL REFUND.

More info on our FaceBook page.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us by buying in the past and we very much hope that you will continue to support us into the future.
    Double checking this: that Jan 21 2020 or 2022? Your FB page says the latter.

Thanks Bazzar for all the nice models you and Mike made for us . I fully understand your choice to move on, but its also a sad thing as I won't follow you (yet).

Thanks also for your nice gesture to release the FSX/P3D models as freeware (Although I already have most of them of course ).

Good luck,
    Huub

You will only be able to download from ORBX.
    ... which means it will be impossible for me to get any of your products.

I must be dense this morning due to extreme cold here..

What company are we talking about?

KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman1960 View Post
    I must be dense this morning due to extreme cold here..

What company are we talking about?

KB
    Aeroplane Heaven

Thank you.

And thank you for generous sharing of those items.

KB

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    ... which means it will be impossible for me to get any of your products.
    Are you unable to register with Orbx?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Are you unable to register with Orbx?
    Yes - their idiotic webmaster arranged for me to be banned for no valid reason from their support forums years ago.

Thank you Baz! Very gracious. I have several already but looking forward to checking out some I missed.

I'm still enjoying FSX these days as my older computer won't handle MSFS very well. Will probably make the jump when chip shortages and hardware prices calm down several months down the road.

Thanks very much, Bazzar, for your generosity. I’ve enjoyed the AH models I have and now will enjoy a couple more. Best wishes for continued success in MSFS. See you there one day maybe.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Wait till the 7th Feb

I went to Orbx and didn't see anything from AH so then I noticed this bit of news

So, if you are considering purchasing an FSX or P3D product from us or one of our vendors, DON'T!!
    Wait for Monday the 7th. February and download whatever you are after from ORBX, ABSOLUTELY FREE!

So, I'll wait till the 7th then.
    Thanks
    Last edited by gray eagle; February 3rd, 2022 at 11:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    Double checking this: that Jan 21 2020 or 2022? Your FB page says the latter.
    My apologies, it should read 2022. Thanks.

Running almost everything Orbx has to offer, it will be very difficult to part with my FSX and adopt MSFS, as my next main sim.
    As nice a gesture as this is, it is nonetheless another bittersweet reminder that FSX is fading to eventually become a secondary sim, running alongside MSFS, if for sentimental reasons only.
    MSFS is still far from perfect (but slowly getting there), .... and for me, I still currently find solely running FSX on my W7 machine the sweet spot, at least for the next 10 mos.,or so.

Thank-you to everyone at Aeroplane Heaven for this most generous gift.

Hopefully I be able to install these aircraft manually somehow as well, as before, and by-pass the Orbx Central auto-installer.
    Last edited by MZee1960; February 3rd, 2022 at 20:00.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

I hate Central the last time it updated ORBX on my system it screwed FSX scenery up. I preferred the older method were you downloaded the installer separately which was a lot better especially for aircraft.

I dread every time I have to use Central.

Thank you Aeroplane Heaven, I just wish it wasn't through ORBX.

The guitar is beautiful.
    Last edited by erican2; February 4th, 2022 at 01:14.

My apologies, it should read 2022. Thanks.

To avoid more confusion, I have changed it in your initial post.

Cheers,
    Huub

I currently run P3Dv4 and v3 and FSX and X-Plane! When I get a better computer I'll probably get MSFS, but I don't see why I have to "switch" to it. Why can't I just do what I do now which is run all the sims, so I can still continue to fly all my favourite aircraft but also enjoy the great scenery in MSFS?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Because you haven't been a good boy.

Technology Improvements ?

For the same reason I had to get a 5G phone from U.S. Cellular no matter that my old flip phone was working just fine though 3G. Technological improvements for the vast majority leaves some behind. I agree with you about flight simming. I do not have windows 10 nor do I have the graphics card required and funding does not allow tossing out a perfectly good computer just to get that to run MSFS. I found this out when I tried to download and try their beta way back when. It is written in new programming like P3DV5 which BTW I also cannot run on my system. I love my FSX and all that I have for it. I have a different post here (Buccaneer) and I just installed FS9 airport which is beautiful and fully functional in FSX. If all the developers switch to MSFS only I hope that they are as kind and generous as Bazzar and put download links to their older aircraft for us to share. Since there is not a developer out there that I have not purchased at least one aircraft and most of them more from and online dealers products like Megascenery Earth, I will not feel guilty in downloading older models for free if they are offered.

They seem to be available now via FTX Central. Quite heavy disc space users, I wonder why? Aerosoft Airbus for comparison is 1.7 GB installed and Sabreliner 7.2 GB...
    Correction, gives still an error when trying to install.

Updates often bring problems packaged with them. There are no updates for W7, or FSX, hence why I consider running FSX in W7 the 'sweet spot' for at least the remainder of this year. (YMMV, of course).

I have yet to see clouds and AI traffic in MSFS which rival that of addons like REX and UT2 in FSX (personal opinions may vary, of course).

The ongoing supply chain issues are another major hindrance standing in the way of new system builds for many (including myself).

To come across developers like AH offering their FSX aircraft at no cost is just icing on the FSX 'cake', for me, and will keep me entertained for months to come.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 3