DSB/IRIS F-15C/D/J/DJ refresher project - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DSB/IRIS F-15C/D/J/DJ refresher project

Thank you for the explanation.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

IRIS F-15C Oregon ANG

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - Post Cold War

Description: 1 livery for IRIS F-15C
    Oregon ANG, 173FW
    79-0046
    Based Kingsley Field

Works best with my upgrade of IRIS F-15C below

Cheers
    L'iguane

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit IRIS F-15C Oregon ANG
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Nnnniiiicccceeee...

Those tweeks to MDL files really make a difference.

I've seen the "backwards" Japanese drop tank camo colors on other repaints, I wonder what the theory is behind them?

Thanks l'iguane

Cheers,
    Huub

She's a beauty alright. The model has certainly stood the test of time and the afterburner effects are so realistic you can almost feel the heat! Many thanks L'iguane for all your hard work

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Thank you l'iguane for these masterpieces! Impressive details in paintjob and lot of hard work. I finally found a nice package F-15C (IRIS_F-15C-D_Eagle_rev-1.zip) Uploaded at simviation by Flanker256 Jan 19, 2022! Worth the wait downloading....... Have not yet figured out how to activate radar in the panel. Really enjoy flying this beast of a beauty

Cheers
    daypharris

Huub, Taff, Daypharris I'm really glad you enjoy them ! It took some time to create but the rendering is close to what I imagined. Finding the right tone for USAF two tone grey camo took a few tries before beeing happy with the result. Fs9 can still be amazing !

I'll be a little busy over next month, will try to upload at least the J version upgrade with one finished livery.
    There will be more additional paint, when I get time to be back at painting (Japanese agressor liveries are quite complex to fully detail and takes time to get the right look)
    Planning also :
    - a "D" upgrade with ANG liveries
    - a "C" USAF agressors and a couple of ANG anniversary versions

Cheers
    L'iguane

Thanks L'iguane, will you (or could you) be updating the MDL files for the version(s) with conformal fuel tanks? I like having that extra fuel for those greedy engines Also, do you think you might one day apply the same treatment to the Iris Strike Eagle variants?

FS2004 will always hold a special place in my heart. I have FSX, FSXSE, XP11 and MSFS2020 (on Xbox Series-S, most cost effective solution for me) but I still keep coming back to FS2004.

Regards, Taff

May be of interest to some. Take a look at "F 15 Eagle R&D and History" on YouTube. A fascinating insight into the history of this venerable fighter.

Taff

Hi Taff,

A little bit busy in real life, I should complete & release the "J" & "D" upgrade by the end of the month.
    As for the conformal tanks version and F-15E, no idea. I may adapt the "D" sort of paintkit I did and wrap it with the dark grey generic camo the strike eagle usually wear.
    Luckily, the texture mapping is almost common between IRIS F-15D & E version.

Other paint projects are urgently waiting, I may go vintage with unusual warbirds in mind !

Cheers
    L'iguane

IRIS F-15J upgrade

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - Post Cold War

Description: Upgrade for IRIS F-15J

Needs IRIS original freeware.

Included: MDLs tweaked

1 livery displaying: JSDAF F-15J 305th squadron, 40th anniversary scheme

All copyrights IRIS.

Cheers,

L'iguane

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit IRIS F-15J upgrade

Superb many thanks,

Taff

L'iguane, will you be doing any more refreshers for the other models?

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    L'iguane, will you be doing any more refreshers for the other models?
    Hi anels,

I've been busy recently. I keep the F-15E in my queuing list, will have a look at it when back at painting.

L'iguane; any possibility you're keeping open an option for the F-15EX?

From what I've seen, you would need to add conformal tanks and the "turkey feathers" used in the F-15E export versions (unless the Air Force decides to remove them again).

The panel and virtual cockpit would be a different story, but at least the IRIS Eagles are pretty close in terms of the MDLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post
    L'iguane; any possibility you're keeping open an option for the F-15EX?

From what I've seen, you would need to add conformal tanks and the "turkey feathers" used in the F-15E export versions (unless the Air Force decides to remove them again).

The panel and virtual cockpit would be a different story, but at least the IRIS Eagles are pretty close in terms of the MDLs.
    Hi Sbob,

IRIS F-15E model shall be used as a hack, however, I won't be able to modify the 3D model to make it strictly identical to F-15EX. Camo scheme is really close of currents F-15Ds, not a lot pictures of EX available though.

Back at Paintshop, some WIP

L'iguane

Wow!

Very impressive!

Looks very nice.

Thanks Mick, Franck

Another one :

IRIS F-15C Oregon ANG 75th Anniversary

Oregon ANG, 75th Anniversary

Cheers,

L'iguane

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit IRIS F-15C Oregon ANG 75th Anniversary

IRIS F-15C 65th AGRS

Splinter scheme, 65th AGRS

Cheers,

L'iguane

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit IRIS F-15C 65th AGRS

Thanks l'iguanue. Two very nice colourful additions.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post
    Nnnniiiicccceeee...

Those tweeks to MDL files really make a difference.

I've seen the "backwards" Japanese drop tank camo colors on other repaints, I wonder what the theory is behind them?
    it's to do with visual target acquisition and perception to disguise which way up the aeroplane is when first seen by attacking pilot.
    if it can make the attacker go the wrong way it buys time if youre the intended target.

it was all based on the work of Mr P J Barley of the R.A.E (now Qinetiq) at Farnborough

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 1