It is that time of the year again....

Thread: It is that time of the year again....

It is that time of the year again....

As it title already explain, it is that the of the year again, we ask for your financial support.

There is a small explanation about the costs at our home page. But I will try to summarise it here. The costs have risen, but as we got rid of some hardware we luckily have less to pay for. Our current supplier has forced us to accept a limit on our bandwidth. Which we, for sure, will exceed when a popular upload is done. This is why we will need a small reserve to be able to pay the extra fee.

I hope you will all give generously and keep the SOH in the air. Except for the MSFS forum we are facing a decreasing amount of member in the forums, which is why your contribution is becoming even more important than it was already in the past.

Kind regards,
    Huub

Thanks Huub,

And for the explanation, good for people to know where/why their monies are going.

With the pandemic keeping people at home, how much more important is SOH to you?...and what's that worth?

The bottom line is..support it or lose it...

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Shessi,

To be honest I do have some concerns. Last year we were already didn't manage to reach our goal. But as Dave moved everything to one single server we were able to cut some costs.

With our previous supplier we didn't have a data limit, however when they were sold, the attitude of the new owner was more or less "either you accept it or leave". And leaving wasn't a real option as our hardware was there. So we are more or less stuck here and out of options to reduce costs. And we all know data-centers need an awful amount of energy to get cooled. And currently energy prices aren't really going down. So it is not very likely that our data center will reduce its prices in the next years.

And when you look at our own community in the FS8/FS9 forums, you see it is shrinking rapidly (BTW did we loose Papi? As I haven't seen him for quite a while). So the amount of people who can and are willing to support is decreasing rapidly and because of uncertainties about the future with or without Covid, people seem to be reluctant to spend money.

It would be nice to welcome some new contributors other than our usual supporters.

Cheers,
    Huub

Done, Huub!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

And done!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

And here is, it's done!

Alain
    -

Thanks guys

For those who have contributed and wonder why their title has not yet been changed into SOH-CM-2022, please be patient. It seems the script which should do this automatically doesn't work as advertised and somebody is doing it by hand.

Cheers,
    Huub

11% to go guys.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

C_K is right, we are still $800 short. I think for most of us this is the place where you check once or twice every day to see what "other" news there is in the world and whether somebody has uploaded something you have been waiting a long time for.

Its our place in our virtual world. This makes it a special place.

For those who donated already: Thank you and I hope you can help us again to reach our goal. For those who haven't donated (yet). I guess you must have reason why you don't want to or can't donate. But when you don't have a reason I kindly invite you to donate a few dollars so we can stay in the air.

Costs are rising, and the amount of people in our small society is still shrinking, so we really need your donation to stay in the air. This place doesn't have an owner, volunteers keep it running and members like you keep it alive.

Thanks all for your attention and hopefully your (additional) gift.

Cheers,
    Huub

Done here.

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks Pete , I hope more will follow, we can't keep this place running with the two of us

Cheers,
    Huub

Exclamation We made it again!

Guys,

It is the 30st of March and we have reached our goal. A big thank you to all who donated!

Cheers
    Huub

phew!.....

Hurrah!!

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 0