Restauravia Piper Apache

Thread: Restauravia Piper Apache

Restauravia Piper Apache

Found this mentioned in some thread at X-Plane.org. Might be right down some of you people's alleys.

Download http://restauravia.fr/ (scroll down)

Also check out their other X-Plane stuff while you're at it: http://restauravia.fr/html/x-plane.html

(Sorry for the lazy screenshots. Laptop, barebones X-Plane install, etc.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20211215_233635.jpg   Screenshot_20211215_233555.jpg  

Wow, thanks. My go to plane, now for Xplane!

Can't Get It Started

I followed the procedure in the ReadMe that came with this plane and can't get the engines to start. Fuel, fuel pumps, mags, master ignition, starter, and it will turn when the starter is engaged and then quit. What am I missing? It's a great looking plane and looks like fun to fly. Also, it's great on frame rates, at least sitting on the runway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet Canuck View Post
    I followed the procedure in the ReadMe that came with this plane and can't get the engines to start. Fuel, fuel pumps, mags, master ignition, starter, and it will turn when the starter is engaged and then quit. What am I missing? It's a great looking plane and looks like fun to fly. Also, it's great on frame rates, at least sitting on the runway.
    Does the model have primers? Also, try cracking the throttles -

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Does the model have primers? Also, try cracking the throttles -
    Yes, I tried the primers and tried cracking the throttles, to no avail. There must be something else I'm missing. I thought that by clicking off the "start with engines running" option in X Plane that would make everything work right, but that didn't work. Thanks for the suggestions, though. I'll keep at it.

Got It!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet Canuck View Post
    Yes, I tried the primers and tried cracking the throttles, to no avail. There must be something else I'm missing. I thought that by clicking off the "start with engines running" option in X Plane that would make everything work right, but that didn't work. Thanks for the suggestions, though. I'll keep at it.
    I still don't understand it, but by choosing the 3 mile approach to a runway the aircraft is running. After that, I can turn it off and then restart it. I really enjoy this aircraft, in spite of this unusual trait.

I found that shift-control-e starts the engines. I had the same problem before trying that.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I see Restauravia have done a few for XPlane - good stuff. As for the Apache a curious little twin by Piper. Its later derivative was quite a respectable GA twin. Piper kept the tube frame construction from the Apache in the Aztec. Lot of Aztecs used to be about one upon a time but not the Apache had a bit of a reputation for being shall we say gently -underpowered!

A.K.A. the "Doctor Killer." I have flown the Apache however, and loved it. A friend of mine owned one.

Members who have read this thread: 1