Mach Loop - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mach Loop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Looks like they love it ! : https://youtu.be/Lsfg8ug2egk

I've read somewhere that there's atleast one important ristriction: the weather !
    I don't think they do love it, the people that you see in the video are visitors (quite a few people climb the hills to watch), but a lot of the locals aren't so keen. If my memory serves me correctly, a few years ago one farmer painted a non too welcoming message on his barn roof.

As I remember that had the opposite effect to the one he'd requested...the barn became an obligatory overflight...

An additional incentive (or hazard ) for the pilots here: https://youtu.be/3Cg_xa8CEpA?t=195

Mod edit: Possible NSFW content...
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; December 15th, 2021 at 14:09.

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I don't think they do love it, the people that you see in the video are visitors (quite a few people climb the hills to watch), but a lot of the locals aren't so keen. If my memory serves me correctly, a few years ago one farmer painted a non too welcoming message on his barn roof.
    No doubt and very understandable. (the message probabely contained a couple of F's and possibly a U and atleast one O, maybe even a C and K, haven't seen it myself..) And no doubt there are Wales' politicians that will try to put a stop to it. Personally i certainly wouldn't mind having a cottage there, right on top of the hill. I just thought Twice43's comment was a good cause to throw that video into the group.. ;-)

I live right underneath the ILS Runway 19C EHAM Schiphol. Only one person in the neighbourhood here that loves it, the rest hates it.( of course i would rather see and hear Connies, Convairs, DC-3's,-4's,-6's, and -7's coming over but one has to row with the oars at hand)
    Last edited by Javis; December 15th, 2021 at 11:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    An additional incentive (or hazard ) for the pilots here: https://youtu.be/3Cg_xa8CEpA?t=195
    That's a Lorelei Nimf (singing sirene) that hates boats but loves airplanes.

Thanks again, gentlemen !

Thanks to you i can now proudly tell you that i have just flown the Mach Loop in the T-6 for the first time without the flightplan and without a GPS all together. You may now congratulate me.

Nah... don't bother, still two situations where i am not really confident which way to go. I might still mess it up when i'll try it in the L-39. I might take along the flightplan again and the Garmin (i can't seem to get that thing working correctly..)

Then there's the lake :

Do i turn left here or go across it to finish the loop ?

I seem to remember having seen both these options in the videos ?....

Thanks !

This one of the most exciting turns in the loop. Just before the lake a sharp turn left if you want to complete the loop. You can go straight to leave the area and reach the coast.

Roger that ! Thanks Dimus !

Haven't had this much fun for a long time!

Members who have read this thread: 0