Flightsim.to "addiction"

Thread: Flightsim.to "addiction"

Flightsim.to "addiction"

I must admit to having a severe addiction to Flightsim.to. The neverending list of scenery, utilities (and sometimes aircraft) add-ons is amazing! The ease of adding selected add-ons to a list so I can download later is quite convenient. I am currently taking a brief break from flightsimming, and am switching to American Truck Simulator for a while. So by the time I switch back to MSFS, my Flightsim.to list will take me a full day to download/install!

I will always keep P3DV4.5 & 5.2 for carrier ops, and I have a ton of add-ons for P3D, many of which are strictly carrier-ops related.

But the scenery in MSFS is so captivatingly beautiful. It really is a marvel, how far the technology has progressed. I always hoped it would reach this point!

NC

I agree Chief. Flightsim.to is on my daily must visit list. I check everyday fo new add-ons, or updates.

Same here

Yep, great site indeed!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

For any previous sim I had to take a look at numerous different sites to get my stuff together, but for MSFS flightsim.to really makes it easy. So much to explore and especially all the great scenery from my neck of the woods make it worth the dailly visit.

Regards
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Chief, I am ADDICTED to ATS now! I hardly flight sim because of it. Penzoil 3 also drives ATS. Absolutely LOVE it.

Don

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ats_20210913_234114_00.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	85589

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Chief, I am ADDICTED to ATS now! I hardly flight sim because of it.
    Heretic!!!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Oh, do I get the addiction. I have a highly organized setup with scenery and other files placed in categorized folders so I can use the Addons Manager to just enable the areas/features I'm going to be using on any given flight. I've been really busy and hadn't had time for MSFS for about three weeks. This weekend I finally had about 4 or 5 hours for fun stuff.

So I spent it downloading and installing updates from Flightsim.to, as well as some new files. (I'm trying to cut the additions as the updates alone are so time-consuming.)

Roughly 5 hours spent. Actual time spent flying MSFS? About 15 minutes test-flying my new SC Designs F-16.

I gotta find a new system. Only update a country's airports if I plan to fly there or something!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Heretic!!!

LOL!!!!! Hey, I still keep up with it, and I do putter around. After 23 years of flight simming and a semi-stable platform, I have to explore. Besides, NO ONE can look at a nice new Kenworth and just walk away.

BP

It's kind of amazing how flightsim.to just completely ate the lunch of all the sites we downloaded addons from for previous sims, including sim-outhouse, simviation, avsim, Fly Away, and other's I'm now forgetting. All it took was a decent UI with a proper rating system, update notification, preview photos, etc., and all the sites where I used to get my mods are now in my bookmarks only for the forums.

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    It's kind of amazing how flightsim.to just completely ate the lunch of all the sites we downloaded addons from for previous sims, including sim-outhouse, simviation, avsim, Fly Away, and other's I'm now forgetting. All it took was a decent UI with a proper rating system, update notification, preview photos, etc., and all the sites where I used to get my mods are now in my bookmarks only for the forums.

August
    Yep. All of the sites I used to get files from, i.e. Avsim, Flightsim.com, Simviation too.....all do have some MSFS files, but not many, and downloading is slower and more difficult. NC

^^^ agreed, and it is a breeze to upload and manage your content (update, edit descriptions, confirm they still work with latest, get feedback from users, etc.)

- dcc
    - -

Members who have read this thread: 0