Aerosoft PBY Weird Behavior in FSX-SE

Thread: Aerosoft PBY Weird Behavior in FSX-SE

Aerosoft PBY Weird Behavior in FSX-SE

Today I installed the Aerosoft PBY Catalina package into FSX-SE. This aircraft and all its variants worked fine in my FSX, but something's wrong in FSX-SE. At takeoff my frame rate drops to single digits and the plane suddenly starts changing views on its own. Sound drops off and aircraft in spot view starts to reduce in size until my viewpoint is almost in outer space. No CTD, but if I select a different aircraft during the flight everything goes back to normal - frame rates, sounds, views. Has anybody else encountered this weirdness?

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Today I installed the Aerosoft PBY Catalina package into FSX-SE. This aircraft and all its variants worked fine in my FSX, but something's wrong in FSX-SE. At takeoff my frame rate drops to single digits and the plane suddenly starts changing views on its own. Sound drops off and aircraft in spot view starts to reduce in size until my viewpoint is almost in outer space. No CTD, but if I select a different aircraft during the flight everything goes back to normal - frame rates, sounds, views. Has anybody else encountered this weirdness?
    FSUIPC installed?

Quote Originally Posted by fongman_52 View Post
    FSUIPC installed?
    No, not yet. This is a new install of FSX-SE.

Did you copy over the PBY folder from a back-up/previous install location or is it a fresh install from the Aerosoft source files?

It sounds almost like an anti-piracy measure where the aircraft is missing it's security check-file which is usually stored in some obscure location (possibly as a hidden file) in order to prevent illegal copying.

A lot of payware developers use such methods to protect their intellectual property. I've had issues with a legit copy of the Virtavia Sea King helicopter when I've built new computers or moved FSX installs onto bigger/faster hard drives. In that case all the external model polygons disappear and you are left with just the internal model parts in both inside and outside views!
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Did you copy over the PBY folder from a back-up/previous install location or is it a fresh install from the Aerosoft source files?

It sounds almost like an anti-piracy measure where the aircraft is missing it's security check-file which is usually stored in some obscure location (possibly as a hidden file) in order to prevent illegal copying.

A lot of payware developers use such methods to protect their intellectual property. I've had issues with a legit copy of the Virtavia Sea King helicopter when I've built new computers or moved FSX installs onto bigger/faster hard drives. In that case all the external model polygons disappear and you are left with just the internal model parts in both inside and outside views!
    I've installed the PBY package from the download link on my original order at PC Aviator. The install ran fine, all the aircraft appeared under "Consolidated" in the Select Aircraft menu, then when I select one and launch things get strange as I've described. Also, on one of the aircraft in VC view the windscreen and entire cockpit area are black with no gauges showing. I've yet to figure out what's causing THAT glitch.

When I attempt to select the aircraft with the problem VC I get a "Oh no, that's not the right aircraft!" error prompt when the plane loads. (I've never seen that error prompt before) I can click through that. The plane shows up but the VC stays black. If I swap out its panel with another PBY panel it looks good on loading but then another "Oh no" error comes up and when I click it the VC turns black again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oh_No.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0