B314 Seaplane bases

Thread: B314 Seaplane bases

B314 Seaplane bases

Interested in location of seaplane base scenery used by the Boeing B314 Clipper and compatible with P3D 4.5 -
    I found one set but are for P3D5 and will not work for v4.5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Found one in P3D V5 format.
    Thank you - flying from Southampton to Foynes right now

Gérard

My Flying Boat Scenery package is here in the library - Add-Ons Library - P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Scenery - SOH Forum (sim-outhouse.com)
    There is no reason this should not work for you in 4.5 as it was all created for FSX originally. You do need a lot of additional object library's however as a lot of stuff in the scenery was created using these addon libraries. There is a comprehensive list in the read me file of what you need.

I intend to update it in the near future as I have done a few more since then!

FWIW my update will include Pan Ams old terminal and departure point at La Guardia. However the catch is you need the FSX La Guardia airport scenery package as this wonderful package included the Old Pan Am Terminal in its correct spot. (klga_fsxv30.zip).

I have not looked at the other package as I already have all those ports (Foynes, Botswood, Treasure Island etc) in my Flying Boat Scenery Package.

La Guardia with the terminal.

Nice GAAB, I am envious - side tracked at moment with 5.3 install etc etc. Gotta take the B314 for some serious flying.

FWIW gentlemen re New York flying boat bases. Port Washington and La Guardia are two completely different locations. Port Washington as it was called is actually at a place called Plum Point which is in the North Hampstead area of New York. La Guardia is a fair ways to the south of this location were La Guardia Airport is located. So those who use my Flying Boat Scenery package know that every base in that package was carefully researched and precisely located geographically.

This is one of the B314 clippers at Port Washington (Plum Point)

Here is an aerial photograph of Port Washington or Plum Point from the 1930s.

And here is the original survey document I tracked down for the base when researching the location for my flying boat bases.

And this is how my rendition of Port Washington(Plum Point) looks in P3D.

Yeah and I know it is a pain to have to go and locate and download a variety of scenery librarys to get the eye-candy so to speak for my Flying Boat Bases. There are about 10 all up, they are easily found and all one needs to do is place them in your preferred scenery library and activate them. My scenery bgl' will find them by the unque GUIDs that objects have. Regrettably there was no other way and I cannot be more specific about the libraries as some of my lists/data etc was obliterated in a hard drive crash in FSX days when most of this stuff was done. All Flying Boat bases are derived and located using ADE (Scruffy Duck) and built using an old 32 bit program that no longer works in P3D. Now I have P3DV5.3 up and running nicely with Sim Director operable I intend to revist all the sceneries and do a bit of tidying up.

A few more pics from the sim to illustrate.
    This is La Guardia Usaing the FSX La Guardia Scenery for the terminal

This is Botwood in Canada

Kingmans Reef

This is Daryl's Island in Bermuda. (yep it did look like that once upon a time)

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Yeah and I know it is a pain to have to go and locate and download a variety of scenery librarys to get the eye-candy so to speak for my Flying Boat Bases. There are about 10 all up, they are easily found and all one needs to do is place them in your preferred scenery library and activate them. My scenery bgl' will find them by the unque GUIDs that objects have. Regrettably there was no other way and I cannot be more specific about the libraries as some of my lists/data etc was obliterated in a hard drive crash in FSX days when most of this stuff was done. All Flying Boat bases are derived and located using ADE (Scruffy Duck) and built using an old 32 bit program that no longer works in P3D. Now I have P3DV5.3 up and running nicely with Sim Director operable I intend to revist all the sceneries and do a bit of tidying up.
    I do hope that you can create the Circa 1930's PAN AM seabase as depicted in your photos. (KPOW)

I read your PM and so you know what scenery I had installed but with unsat results.

Gray Eagle Port Washington is already done. If you look at the black and white photo and then a bit further down to the screenshot you will see my rendition of Port Washinton. Hangars offices and jettys. The screenshot shows a S23 at anchor. The shoreline is not exactly the same and these days there are a few more trees, but even coastlines change over 80 years. Plum Point today is a sedate suburb with all that infrastructure including boat yards long gone. I saw from you screenshot that you were placed correctly in the location but none of the scenery objects will appear without those libraries installed as well. Way it is sorry!

I picked up the B314 on the last day of the sale.
    I haven’t had a chance to try it yet, looks like fun though.
    I definitely like old school aviation.

Looking forward to the extra seaplane bases in v5 when you them updated!
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

I may be of help to say the reason this FB Scenery package is like this is because the models used are the work of others and they have kindly made them available to be used by me and others so it is a matter of copyright and recognition of this work that I did not include the libraries.

The other thing worth mentioning is that all this was done with the sim having been altered or changed to correct shorelines and coast lines using ORBX Vector and ORBX Global. Now I have reinstalled this package into P3DV5 (It used to be in FSX) as addon scenery and I have installed all the librarys on my system as well. Every Flying Boat base was created intially using ADE so that they appear as an airport in your scenery list and I have adopted a very simple naming convention of starting each one with the prefix FB then its name in full not the ICAO code although they do have a code as well.

ORBX LIBRARIES (if you have ORBX then you already have these librarys!
    EZ SCENERY LIBRARIES OR AB LIBRARIES
    AhZx_LIB SUB Library FSXP3D
    Airfield Objects Library
    Cal Classic Libraries for P3D (3 parts simple to put together) this creates a very large Static Objects Library Director. (Literally hundreds of hangars, towers, car boats etc)
    CeyX_Scenery Libraries FSXP3D
    Dan French Core Libaries Vol 2 FSX (Dan French has created some very nice bits and pieces for scenery over the years)
    dlf_Military Hangars and Buildings Libaries (Dan French again this is his military stuff)
    EZ Libaries and EZ Vintage Hangars (available via Cal Classic)
    Lonely's Hangars and Buildings Libaries
    MAIW Scenery Libary Objects FSX(Military AI Works)
    RAF WWII Airfield Building Libraries (Ted Andrews mostly)
    RPWG Libraries (look for scenery made by Rob Graham known as RPWG mostly Australian stuff)
    RTMM Object Libraries FSXP3D (Misty Moorings Libraries) Like Cal Classic this is an extensive set of library objects for seaplanes and like operations.
    RWY 12 Object Libraries for FSXP3D
    Ted Andrews RAF Object Libraries

Now these are the flying boat bases and locations in my package:

AFRICA
    Victoria Falls Zimbabwe FBBZ
    Flying Boats Port Bell UGANDA FBPB
    Flying Boats Val Dam South Africa FBVD
    FB BIRD ISLAND SOUTH AFRICA FABI
    FB CAPE TOWN HARBOUR SOUTH AFRICA FACO
    FB DUBAN HARBOUR DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA FADH
    FB Port Beira Mozambique FQBH
    FB Laurenco Marques Mabuto FQLM
    FB Zambesi River Vic Falls FVVF
    FB Cape MaClear Lake Malawi FWCA
    FB Kisumu Kenya HKKU
    FB Dar Es Salam HTDS
    FB LIndi Tanzania HTLN
    FB Port Bell Kampala Uganda HUPB

AUSTRALIA
    Hayman Island QLD YBHY
    Grafton Clarence River GRAFTON NSW YFGC
    Port Macquarie F/Boat Base YMPH
    Rathmines RAAF F/B Base YRLM
    Lake Ecumubene Adaminaby NSW YSEU
    FB BOWEN HARBOUR BOWEN QLD AUST YBOW
    FB BRISBANE RIVER PINKERTON BRISBANE YPBK
    FB CAIRNS INLET CAIRNS QLD YCFB
    FB DARWIN HARBOUR STOKES WHARF DARWIN YDDH
    FB GROOTE ISLAND NT YDGE
    FB GLADSTONE WHARF OLD WHARF QLD YGLF
    FB KARUMBA NORMANTON RIVER QLD YKAR
    FB ROSE BAY SYDNEY NSW AUST YRBY
    FB TOWNSVILLE HARBOUR TL QLD YTLM

CANADA

FB Botwood New Foundland Canada CBOT
    FB Boucherville Montreal Canada CBOU

FIJI
    FB LAUCALA BAY SUVA FIJI NFLB

FRANCE
    FB LAKE MARIGNANE MARSEILLE FRANCE LMFB

GREECE
    FB PORT PIRAEUS ATHENS GREECE LGFB

INDIA
    Imperial Airways Flying-boats- GWAILOR INDIA EAMt
    FB ALLAHBAD INDIA VALL
    FB HOOGHLI RIVER CALCUTTA INDIA YKAL
    FB LAKE RAJSAMAND KANKROLI INDIA YKRA

INDONESIA
    Imperial Airways Flying Boats Koh Samui IAKS
    FB BIMA HARBOUR SUMBAWA INDONESEA WABM
    FB KUPANG-KOEPANG KUPANG INDONESIA WAKP
    FB SURABAYA HARBOUR SURABAYA INDONESIA WARF
    FB JAKARTA-BATAVIA INDONESIA WIBA
    FB KLABAT BAY KLABAT INDONESIA WKAL
    FB SUMBA ISLAND WAINGAPU INDONESIA WSUM

ITALY
    Flying Boats Sicily ITALY FBSI
    FB BRINDISI HARBOUR BRINDISI ITALY LIBI
    FB LAKE BRACCIANO ITALY ROME LBCO

KIRIBATI
    FB SOUTH TARAWA BETIO KIRIBATI NGFB
    FB CLIPPER BASE CANTON IS KIRIBATI PCIF

MALTA
    FB RAF KALFRANA MALTA LMKA

MIDDLE EAST
    Flying Boats Khartoum EGYPT FKBM
    FB RAF Karasfeet Fanara Egypt HEIW
    FB Winter Palace River Nile Luxor HLUX
    FB TIBERIUS GALLILLEE ISRAEL LTIB
    FB MANAMAR BAY BAHRAIN OBMA
    FB DUBAI CREEK DUBAI OMDC
    FB BASRA IRAQ ORBA
    FB LAKE HABBINYUAH IRAQ ORHA

MYANMAR (BURMA)
    FB YANGON-RANGOON MYNAMAR VYFB
    FB SITTKE-AKYAB MYANMAR VYSF

NEW ZEALAND
    FB AITUTAKI LAGOON COOK ISLANDS NCAA
    FB CHATHAM ISLANDS NCAT
    FB EVANS BAY WELLINGTON NZ NEVB
    FB MECHANICS BAY AUCKLAND NMEB

PAKISTAN
    FB Korangi Creek PAKISTAN EAMR
    FB JIWANI PAKSTAN OJIW
    FB RAF KORANGI CREEK KARACHI PAKISTAN OPKA

PNG
    FB Queen Carola Harbour ABUK
    FB Ella Beach Port Moresby AELA
    FB Esa Ala PNG AESA
    FB Fairfax Harbour Port Moresby PNG AFFH
    FB Inus Island PNG AINU
    FB Jacquinot Harbour PNG AJAQ
    FB Old Kieta Township Solomons AKIE
    FB Kikori River PNG AKIK
    FB Lindenhafen Harbour PNG ALIN
    FB Moewe Harbour PNG AMOE
    FB Talasea PNG ATAL
    FB Karmeema PNG AYKE
    FB Lake Kutubu PNG AYKU
    FB Rabaul Harbour PNG AYRB
    FB Yule Island PNG AYUL
    FB Wana PNG AYWA

PORTUGAL
    FB FUNCHAL BAY MADEIRA ISLAND PORTUGAL LPFU

SAMOA
    FB APIA HARBOUR SAMOA NSAH

SINGAPORE
    FB KALANGI CREEK SINGAPORE CITY WKSA
    FB RAF SELETAR SINGAPORE WSSE

SOLOMON ISLANDS
    FB Buin Solomon Islands ABUI

TAHITI
    Tahiti F/Boat Base TAHITI NTPH
    FB PAPEETE HARBOUR TAHITI NTFB

THAILAND
    FB BANGKOK OLD CITY CENTRE THAILAND VFTB
    FB Kablut Bay

TONGA
    FB NUKUALOFA HARBOUR TONGA NFNU

UNITED KINGDOM
    FB RAF CALSHOT UK ECAL
    FB BASE STOP SHANNON IRELAND EINF
    FB RAF Main Base Kerrera Is Oban UK EOBA
    FB RAF OBAN Maintenance Base EOBB
    FB SOUTHHAMPTON DOCKS UK ESOU
    FB PORT STANLEY FALKLAND ISLANDS SFPS
    FB SOUTH GEORGIA ANTARTICA SFSG
    FB DARYLS ISLAND BERMUDA TXDI
    FB Kalfrana - Malta

USA
    FB PORT WASHINTON NY USA KPOW
    FB TREASURE ISLAND PAN AM SFO USA KSTI
    FB PEARL CITY PENINSULA HONOLULU USA PHPC
    FB MIDWAY ISLAND USA PMDY/PMFP
    FB WAKE ISLAND USA PWAK

I have a few more in the works, such as Shorts on the Rivery Medway, Foynes instead of Shannon in Ireland, the old WW2 Sea Plane base at Reykyavik in Iceland, Baltimore Harbour and Miami in the US, a couple in South America, etc. Never got one done for Hong Kong as they build Kai Tak over the bay there where the Flying Boats used to be!

This all started in FSX because all the stuff about was for MS2004 which was no good with ORBX and FSX and even so with P3D because they changed the cartagraphical way the world is represented between the sims.

This was a labour of love in many aspects as there was about 2 years work in researching the exact locations and chasing down photographs from the era but no matter if your going to fly the B314, the S23 or the PBY or Sikorsky S42 or whatever takes your fancy, this is my small contribution to the sim community. AND if your into flying boats and amphibians then this fixes up the world for that type of sim flying. It was self indulgence for me and I merely decided to share it.

If you want to add to the authenticity of the flying boats across the Atlantic (South and North) then the weather ships and floating navaids available via Cal Classic also work ok in P3D as well.

A small final point, lots of places are pretty sparse, you might get a jetty or a shed and some fuel drums but that is the way it was too. The aeroplanes were worked on on the water and major maintenance facilities with haul out for beaching and overhaul where effectively only about one per country.

Leave you to it!

Obviously I shouldn’t post so close to bed time!
    I totally missed that you already had this in the library for download!
    I have a lot of those libraries already, shouldn’t be too hard to get the rest!
    Thanks for your efforts BendyFlyer!
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Happy to contribute. The Pilots B314 is probably the best flying boat for the sim that has come out in a long time. George Diemers Sikorsky's were superb as well and port across into P3D without any problems as well.

I have collected a lot of other odds and ends scenery wise for amphibian and flying boats including some Russian Flying Boat bases when I get a chance I will post a list of some other sceneries that go well or were aimed at aeroplanes that float!.

Members who have read this thread: 2