Great Britain Landmarks

Thread: Great Britain Landmarks

Library Staff

Great Britain Landmarks

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery - Library objects

Description: This is a collection of FSX/CFS landmarks for Britain converted into CFS2 mainly non-destructible GSL objects.

The objects comprise of:

London - Royal Albert Hall, Albert Memorial, Bankside & Battersea Power Stations, British Museum, Buckingham Palace, County Hall, Royal Observatory Greenwich, Hampton Court, Harrods, Kensington Palace, National Gallery, Natural History Museum, Houses of Parliament, Somerset House, Tate Gallery, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Treasury, Victoria & Albert Museum, Wembley & Wimbledon Stadiums, Windsor Castle, plus all the major Thames bridges;

Edinburgh - Barclay Church, Edinburgh Castle, Scott Monument, St Marys Cathedral, Tolbooth Kirk and the Forth Bridge;

Birmingham Clock Tower;

Cambridge University;

Canterbury Cathedral;

Oxford University;

York Minster;

Railway Signal Box which is destructible.

by Kevin Driver

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Great_Britain_Landmarks
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Library Staff
    Here are some more screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Westminster.jpg   London.jpg   Kensington.jpg   Forth Bridge.jpg   Edinburgh.jpg   Cambridge.jpg  

Canterbury.jpg  

Whoa!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated

Icon22 Reply...

Kevin,

Thank you very much, this is a fantastic upgrade!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Many thanks Kevin, all needed for an operation "Türkenkreuz" with Gothas and Zeppelins-Staaken, take care perfidious albion

Cheers
    Martin

Hi Kevin
    Great work
    I might start some work on the really important landmarks, Lords, minus the spaceship and The Oval complete with Gasometers.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Ooo!

Now that is a scenery package !
    Can't wait to install it.

SD
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
    -- George Bernard Shaw

Lovely work. Thanks Kevin!

Library Staff
    Hi Folks,

The download has been updated and expanded with great help from Aussie. The new objects are:

Battersea Power Station as it was in 1940;

Southend Pier (RAF Rochford was on the outskirts of Southend-on-Sea);

Walton-on-Thames Bridge which is destructible.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails London_BatterseaPS.jpg   Southend_Pier.jpg   Walton_Bridge.jpg  

Great stuff Kev, Aussie!

eeee...takes me back to being a kid and walking, many-a-time, the whole 1.25 miles/2 km out to the end of Southend Pier, and getting the railway back (the stock used to be very old ex-London underground trains). Poor thing still survived even after two major fires!

And is still the longest public pleasure pier in the world....

Many thanks.

Shessi

Are these lily pads? Oddly these did not make an appearance in my WWI install. I was sure to use the correct period bgls for each install, (Europe and WWI).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (132).png  
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Ha ha..no they're from my Searchlights and City fires scenery. Good for nightime, and from height look qiuite realistic, but as they're basic scenery, there's no 'off' switch during the daytime.

Just go into your scenery settings and switch off or delete that scenery, if you don't want it.

Cheers

Shessi

Super! Thanks Shessi.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Library Staff
    Hi Stoney,

I use the CFS1 searchlights by Arno Brooks. They look great at night but the beams do show up faintly during the day.

By the way, it looks like you have a non-GSL version of London landmarks installed as well as the GSL version. I can see two Trafalgar Squares (Nelson's Columns).

Cheers,
    Kevin

Yeah, thanks KD. I did have those two installed so I deleted them and use this superb UK scenery now. I'm glad you mentioned the CFS1 searchlights too!

Members who have read this thread: 2