Native S2F3AT (S2T) Tracker Work in Progress - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Native S2F3AT (S2T) Tracker Work in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Haha yeah someone around here started the rain dance and never quit. Keeping the S2 nice and dry in the hangar. With all this rain the vegetation is growing thick. Once everything starts drying out around here this fire season may be a rager and im sure the S2s will be plenty busy come summer!

Work has been slow going with the kids and hunny do's. Hoping to dive into this soon and wrap it up. Fire season is a nice goal. I want to make sure its done right I wish I could be in it full time.

Any updates sir, Fire Seasin and contract has started.

A little longer? $$

Quote Originally Posted by firerx View Post
    Any updates sir, Fire Seasin and contract has started.

My crystal ball and the ghost of Kelly Johnson says S-2T drops sometime in 2024 with the new aerial firefighting update from Asobo and Micro shaft. you heard it here first..

https://youtu.be/p3xp-SnZDoY

My hope is to have it released sooner than that, but I cant express how excited I am just for that aerial fire fighting addon. Hopefully you can place fire wherever you wish and attack them.

My hope is to have it released sooner than that, but I cant express how excited I am just for that aerial fire fighting addon. Hopefully you can place fire wherever you wish and attack them.

I am already ecstatic about what's coming however, If they give us this ability, I will never leave the house again. Glued to my yoke.

I'm more excited about this coming platform than I was for 2020. Largely because of the fire and rescue aspects they are adding. And from the consensus around this S-2 and any of the other additions coming along should be ideal if it's able to place fires where ever. Or someone figures a way to actually do that, or fight real fires based off of their weather data stuff. From some other developers I follow it says that all aircraft from FS2020 will be compatible with the new sim an there wouldn't be a need to repurchase anything. It will be exciting to follow and see what the official word is from Flight Sim Expo in a few days.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post
    I'm more excited about this coming platform than I was for 2020. Largely because of the fire and rescue aspects they are adding. And from the consensus around this S-2 and any of the other additions coming along should be ideal if it's able to place fires where ever. Or someone figures a way to actually do that, or fight real fires based off of their weather data stuff. From some other developers I follow it says that all aircraft from FS2020 will be compatible with the new sim an there wouldn't be a need to repurchase anything. It will be exciting to follow and see what the official word is from Flight Sim Expo in a few days.
    It has been an exciting week for aerial fire fighting simulation. This Friday the 16th Hype Performance Group releases their Supertanker/Lead plane addon for MSFS2020 and now to top if off this news of a dedicated mission for the new platform with by the looks of it new amazing fire and smoke effects. I for one am super excited.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    Thats one way to water the grass haha

Thats one way to water the grass haha

Any update Tankerguy?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post

Hiya Scorch, Yeah I'll be gald to see you magic in MSFS finally,

Hiya Scorch, Yeah I'll be gald to see you magic in MSFS finally,
    It will probably happen at some point in the future, not sure when. I'm planning a complete system update that will be pricey, so I'm trying to squeeze what I can out of this system while I can.

In terms of the S-2F3AT though, I have talked to tankerguy72, and it's still slow goings, but progressing still. He's quite busy with life and SoCal's fire season is taking off. So there's that too. There's a lot of cool stuff being worked on, like a custom sound pack. I don't want to say much else as that's his baby. But tankerguy72 is making sure it's so top notch you'd think you'd catch whiffs of the smell of the retardant and jet fuel when you're flying it!

Soon 2 years since first message !

Damned, nothing still available...

Perhaps for fs2024 ?
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

It's entirely possible that the author has been contacted by MS/Asobo about inclusion of the model, but if that's the case, then there's very likely a strict NDA involved. You also have to consider that if a dev has a dedicated team working 40 hours/week, it can still take months to produce a good quality addon. Just look at how long SWS has been working on their PC-12. A single person will take considerably longer, especially if they have a day job to go to and/or a family to spend time with.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

If I had 2020 and the system built up to help him with it, I'd be hip deep in it too. I'm sure it could help some, but he's a one man army with it in his spare time, which isn't much. He's partnered with another person to do a super high quality sound pack recently. But again, that's all I really want to say currently because there is more. When he drops by I'm sure he'll give you all an update on what all is going on. I know.... I just wont tell lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It's entirely possible that the author has been contacted by MS/Asobo about inclusion of the model, but if that's the case, then there's very likely a strict NDA involved. You also have to consider that if a dev has a dedicated team working 40 hours/week, it can still take months to produce a good quality addon. Just look at how long SWS has been working on their PC-12. A single person will take considerably longer, especially if they have a day job to go to and/or a family to spend time with.
    I wish that was the case haha. No contact from MS yet.... but im hoping it will fit right in with the firebombing missions in FS2024. My apologies that it has been so long, but this is only a side hobby for me so finding the time between my job, side business and most importantly family is the main issue. I am very passionate about this project and do not want to release something subpar and bug ridden. I have been in talks with another member about the possibility of them creating a custom Wwise soundset for the S2 so if that happens its a big weight off my shoulders as I haven't dealt with sounds. Believe me there isn't anyone out there that wants this completed more than me and we are getting there slowly but surely. I appreciate all the interest in this project.

Last Sunday, we were off the flight schedule, so I drove south the 35 minutes from KRIV to KHMT to photograph the Air Attack platforms based there. Man, I loved it there and will be back. Great crews. So immediately came back to this thread and wish you well in your project. Now that I've seen them in person, I'm excited all the more.I tried adding a photo from that trip via Imgur, but it wouldnt show. Nor can I upload any.
    I pass gas!

Awesome to hear. Ive grown up around this base at KHMT. We just had another large fire near Anza and I went out there and caught some shots of them in action. Always impressive to watch these pilots and machines.

Fantastic shots Tankerguy72!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Outstanding photography!
    I pass gas!

Now that fire season is upon us here in California it would be nice to get access to the S2. I understand the developers wish to not release it until it is finished and perfect, but from my perspective, anything is better than nothing which is what we the pilots have now.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Now that fire season is upon us here in California it would be nice to get access to the S2. I understand the developers wish to not release it until it is finished and perfect, but from my perspective, anything is better than nothing which is what we the pilots have now.

Every time you ask, It gets one week further out so STOP IT!!!!

Okay it's nee a few months. Any updates on the S2- T release? hell we'll take it as a WIP and just fly it until we get updates.

Okay it's nee a few months. Any updates on the S2- T release? hell we'll take it as a WIP and just fly it until we get updates.
    "Been" a few Months.

"Been" a few Months.
    I know he's a very busy guy with family and his career right now. I know people want it, but releasing it unfinished would do it a great injustice. Not only that, I think whatever online market(s) end up carrying the product once it is released would probably not like that either. From what i know as of now, it's not something that has a release date, as it's more it will be done when it can be finished and it's where tankerguy72 wants it. Sounds I think are what he's focused on producing currently along with all those finer modeling details that are so dang tedious.

any updates on S2T?

hi Tankerguy,
    Any updates on the S2T, Yet?

Thanks,

Members who have read this thread: 22