Native F4F Wildcat from Got Friends!

Thread: Native F4F Wildcat from Got Friends!

Native F4F Wildcat from Got Friends!

Coming soon! Tons of screen shots and information in JonX's post on the official forum.

Oh, nice! Going to have to have that one...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Excellent! It looks great. However, IndiaFoxtEcho also has a catapult and tailhook/trap feature built into their F-35Cs, so, I guess whoever releases first can claim to be the first. Although Dino said they would share the code with other developers to add to their planes as well.

Excellent news! thanks for the HU!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

What about this project?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

The latest I could find on the Got Gravel Discord was it is still on the horizon but they are still working on the sound files. This is one I have been eagerly anticipating as well! Might have been easier to model an FM-2? A few more flying examples compared to the F4F. Link to Discord comment

Having been in development for as long as it has, I really hope that it does come to fruition, and I've been really looking forward to it. I'll take any variant of the production variants of the Wildcat, but yeah, I've always thought it would be most reasonable to do an FM-2, since all but one of the Wildcats flying today are of that version. There is one F4F-3 flying (owned by Rod Lewis), but the rest of the world's 16 currently-active Wildcats are all FM-2's (two in the UK and the rest in the US - there was, briefly, one also flying in Germany, but which was substantially damaged). There are no flying examples of the F4F-4, the variant that Got Friends has chosen to recreate. Of course no matter the variant, they were/are all powered by P&W R-1830 engines, but of different models/dash numbers.

Members who have read this thread: 1