Scorch00 Airtanker Conversion Projects
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scorch00 Airtanker Conversion Projects

Scorch00 Airtanker Conversion Projects

Figured I'd just make one thread and post projects in it as they come along. Currently, I have several in progress. PB4Y-2 Super Privateer, JRM Martin Mars, P-61/F-15 Black Widow / Reporter. My primary focus however is on the PB4Y-2s for the moment. I will be updating the thread as I work on projects and just posting photos of whatever it is I'm working on. I tend to bounce back and forth between them as I work. I will post a few pictures of the other projects listed above over the next couple days if I can get around to it.

I've been working with tankerguy72 to re-release his 4Ys for P3Dv4+. I've been updating things to them to make them more accurate to the real aircraft, such as flight dynamics and sounds. I've also gone about adding texture enhancements and adding PBR. With the assistance of tankerguy72 he's also provided me with a previously unreleased model not from the original pack he wanted to release, but never got around to doing it. I've also added another model as well. The pack will come with the original 3 liveries he released, but I've updated them for P3Dv4. Plus I've also added 4 more, may end up being 5 by the time the project ends, but that's debatable at the moment. The pack is slated to have 3 different models and 7 or 8 total liveries. Progress has been good and I'm shooting for hopefully a release in November some time. One small flaw is the interior, it's fairly basic, but functional. It may benefit from a remodel, but that's above my expertise. Model merging an interior with another relevant aircraft may benefit it if people want to do that after for personal use, so be it. That's one thing I'm not super happy with. But, as I said, it largely looks and flies awesome.

Some Super Privateer photos during development:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4y2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	565.2 KB 
ID:	84800

Name:	4y3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	480.5 KB 
ID:	84801

Name:	125new.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	362.3 KB 
ID:	84802

Name:	127.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	631.0 KB 
ID:	84803

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Modifications underway with another user named, "Voodoo" on our Discord Server. This was permission granted to us by Dean Crawford (DC Designs) to mod his FSX/P3D versions of the P-61 Black Widow and F-15 Reporter to be transformed into airtankers. The P-61 was a unique and rare tanker. Only two I believe ever flew, and both were lost in accidents unfortunately. This project is also largely finished at this current time. It just has to be finished, and polished up essentially. You know, the stuff that usually takes forever is the last little bit.

Name:	f-15a.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	84814

Name:	BW53b.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	524.2 KB 
ID:	84815

Name:	ss2.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	84816

Name:	F-15b.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	84817

Lastly the Martin Mars Project. This one is planned to be the tanker versions. But I will be including a version of Philippine Mars as she is currently. Sitting in her old USN livery. Mainly livery work is what's needed for this. The PBR work has largely been completed to the model. I plan on the USFS contract livery, seen here mostly. Hawaii Mars in both that livery, and her recent Canadian livery. Philippine Mars will also have her latest Canadian livery before being repainted in the USN livery.

Name:	Martin Mars.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	84818

Name:	mars2.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	84819

Name:	marspbr.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	84820

Most of the modeling and livery work is done for T-125 for the PB4Y-2 Super Privateers.

Name:	125Final.jpg 
Views:	778 
Size:	361.0 KB 
ID:	84827

Philippine Mars now has her current livery as she sits in dry dock up at Sproat Lake, BC.

Name:	marsnavy.jpg 
Views:	778 
Size:	615.5 KB 
ID:	84828

Work has been slow, but productive on the PB4Ys. I added the last model late last week and am still not quite satisfied with it, but it's coming along. Just adding small things to the aircraft like more dynamic looking landing lights and some more cinematic views. The pack will hopefully be done by late November. At least that's what I'm hoping for. 5 model variations stemming from the nose and waist glass differences, And 8 liveries to represent across those versions, mostly consisting of Hawkins & Powers various liveries. It's a pretty large overhaul. As what started out with just the base conversion became much more involved as the interest increased with the project. Overall the aircraft will have updated flight dynamics to match the different performance of the Super Privateer over the stock PB4Y-2s, changed payload setup for use with FFX, dynamic landing lights, external views, updated sounds, texture enhancements (including addition of PBR). The only shortfall is the cockpit, as it still remains largely basic, but it is still 100% functional.

Name:	126cinema.png 
Views:	756 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	84916

Name:	4Y LIVERY.jpg 
Views:	745 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	84917

Name:	125newglass.jpg 
Views:	742 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	84918

Work on the PB4Y-2s is slowly coming to the more tedious checks and adjustments. It's still on track to be released this month. Will start on completing the texture reworks for the 4K textures and other touch ups. In terms of the releases coming, it will be the PB4Y-2s followed by the Black Widow/Reporter Tankers, and lastly the Martin Mars pack. All will be P3Dv4+ models. Not sure I specifically indicated that before, but that's what these will be. The P-61 is going through additional texture enhancements as does the F-15. Also making canopy adjustments and cosmetic changes on both models to remove their associated military hardware and parts that distinguished them from their airtanker counterparts. The Mars project still sits mostly at idle currently. Once work on the Black Widows is more completed, I'll likely pick up work on them again. The Mars may be the last aircraft for 2021 I work on, or the first one of 2022. We'll see. Here's one photo of the Reporter thus far. Visually, none of the other projects look much different than the last update. I did however, make a small trailer video for the PB4Y-2s.

Name:	35a.png 
Views:	720 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	85137

Members +
    Looks great, where will we be able to get them from?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Looks great, where will we be able to get them from?
    Thank you, they will be available both on here at SOH and Simviation. My two go-to sites for uploading my work.

Please can we have your AW139 updates posted here at SoH . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    Please can we have your AW139 updates posted here at SoH . . .
    I can. I'll look at them today, I'm pretty sure I have the packs for both FSX and P3D ready to go still. I'll post a link in this thread for them. I assume you mean the base Fire Attack version I did right? There's no other updates to them other than that.

Yes, the FSX+P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 packs that are at SimV, please . . .

Thanks in advance,
    Ro

AW-139 Fire Attack Variants (FSX/P3D & P3Dv4+)

Here are the AW-139 Packs. V2.0 is for FSX users mainly, but will work in all versions of P3D as well. V2.1 is specifically for P3Dv4 and above users. It is not compatible with FSX at all. The main difference between v2.0 and v2.1 is that the 2.1 helo has a lot of updated features, sounds, and associated addons that P3D is capable of using. Such as FLIR and working rescue hoist as examples. The base AW-139s remain unchanged minus the liveries I've added, the 480 gallons Simplex tank, and associated aircraft.cfg changes for the firefighting variant. It has also been tested in both FSX and P3D compatible versions of FireFighterX successfully. Liveries represent Los Angeles Fire Department Ships 1-5, and a semi-fictional repaint of Miami Dade Fire Rescue Ship 1.

AW-139 v2.1 (P3Dv4+)
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9&linkid=28823

AW-139 v2.0 (FSX/P3D)
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=28822

Name:	LAFD1.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	441.5 KB 
ID:	85182

I am nearly complete with the update pack for the Super Privateers. My preliminary release date for them is Black Friday (11/26/2021). The base FS9/FSX models to recap, were updated to 4K textures, PBR, flight dynamics, sounds, 4 additional models, and 4 additional liveries. Totaling 5 models, and 8 liveries. Additional models were done by myself and tankerguy72, the original model creator. He wanted to add some of models in the original pack, but never got around to that due to time and other projects. These are now essentially updated to P3Dv4 and above's display settings. They also fly a bit more how the Super Privateers flew with the more powerful engines, loaded flight characteristics are also much more notable. The pack will house T-121, 122, 123 (from the original pack) and now also have T-124, 125, 126, 127, and C30. References will be included for setup with Lorby's FirefighterX to simulate proper weights and retardant/water load calculations. The pack will be uploaded here on SOH and Simviation per my usual SOP.

Name:	promoposter1.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	227.3 KB 
ID:	85221

End of November recap of projects. PB4Y-2 update package is going to be released in the next 24 or so hours. Work continues on the exterior details on the P-61/RF-15 air tankers. Work has also slowly advanced on the Martin Mars. I have 2 texture sets completely done, and 1 left to start and 1 to finish (see below of what's in the pack currently). I've also been running around trying to redo some older projects after I've learned some new things. Some things I already have planned for next year are an overhaul of the DC-7 tanker package I released. Maybe as much of an update as the what I did with the PB4Y-2s, but I'm debating that. At least for now I have prototype redesigned retardant tanks. Also, I will likely continue work on the P3V4+ variant of the L-188 Electra tanker package I released. The L-188 Electra v2.0 has A TON of work associated with it. A lot of it is from the guys here at SOH. I'm looking forward to adding those features, along with the PBR overhaul. This will likely result in a complete re-release of that aircraft next year when completed. Overhauled cockpit, sounds, flight dynamics, and a lot of other additions. In terms of the releases. With the holidays and real life obligations, It's ambitious, but I think I'll be able to throw the PB4Y-2s, P-61/RF-15, and Martin Mars updates out before the end of this year. While the start of next year will see overhauls on the DC-7, L-188, and perhaps some other stuff.

Martin Mars

Name:	martinmars.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	272.7 KB 
ID:	85327

L-188 Electra

Name:	electra20.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	408.1 KB 
ID:	85328

DC-7

Name:	7v2.png 
Views:	540 
Size:	416.3 KB 
ID:	85329

Great work! Thanks for all the effort all of you put into this.
    Version: P3Dv5.4 HF2, CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.3 GHz with HT on, GPU: RTX 3080 12GB, RAM: 32GB DDR-5, MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

P3DV4+ PB4Y-2 Super Privateer Pack Released!

For those that haven't seen yet, the PB4Y-2 update pack is now available here on SOH. 8 liveries, 5 model variations, and a slew of updates. Special thanks to tankerguy72 for helping me with adding some of these new nose models.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9&linkid=28847

After taking a bit of a break with conversions and such. I've got back to work. The P-61/F-15 Project is in final review process at the moment and should be able to be released soon. I have also started finishing touches on the Martin Mars. Both projects will likely be released closely after one another. After this I've decided to take on a larger repaint project and external tank modification for use in FFX with the QW RJ85 to mimic the configurations flown by Conair and AeroFlite. After this I will be focusing on trying to get the v2.0 of the L-188 Electra out. The guys here at SOH did an amazing job updating a lot of things in the VC along with several other things. I will also be adding PBR to it as well. So it will be quite an overhaul I think. I just have to mill about how to go about it since it was a considerable sized project if you downloaded all the aircraft textures/variations originally. But back to the two projects coming. There will be just the two models with two liveries for the P-61 Black Widow and F-15 Reporter. The Mars will have 4. Philippine Mars in USN and BC Forest Service. Hawaii Mars in USFS and BC Forest Service markings. Rough preview below. They'll also get some other updates such as added views as well.

Name:	marspreview.png 
Views:	467 
Size:	520.3 KB 
ID:	86010

That´s looks very nice ...

The P-61/F-15 tanker conversion had some things that needed to be addressed in the final check phase. All but two of those issues has been resolved currently. I'm hoping to be able to finish up the pack and get them released within the next two weeks, it's taken much longer than I'd have liked. But IRL responsibilities and all. The Martin Mars will likely follow not very long after them. The P-61 is largely finished. the F-15 after flying with it with FFX has some flight characteristics that are not ideal with a retardant load aboard. So that's one envelope I'm having to wrap up. I have test footage of the QW Avro RJ85 project as well testing a replacement retardant/water drop sound for FireFighterX I'm also working on. The placeable tank mod will couple the base RJ85 and the tank when loading up FFX and attaching the tank.

SATO 2022 Project Teaser Released

I made a small teaser on the projects I'm currently working on that are due out just in the early part of 2022. The P-61B/F-15A Tanker Pack is actually slated for release this coming weekend. The remastered Martin Mars will follow not long after it.

For those that haven't seen it, the Black Widow based tanker pack was released and is in the P3D Civilian Aircraft section of SOH.

I'm in the process of also finishing the Martin Mars, she's nearly completed. Some minor tweaking has been done and still needs a bit more, but I believe it will be finished fairly soon. She'll have Hawaii Mars in Coulson Canadian and US Service markings and Philippine Mars with her Canadian and original USN markings.

After some discussion and a number of hours of tweaking. I decided to swap the non functioning interior with the Martin Mariner, the similar cockpit layout to the Mars sort of works despite it being narrower and a twin engine platform. The shapes are I feel similar to get away with it and largely give the Mars a more completed functioning overhaul. I've tried to replicate the interior colors the best I could for the Coulson variants and left the typical Zinc Chromate coloring for the US Navy version of Philippine Mars. The VC itself was largely overhauled to add in the wings, engines, propellers, etc. Gives looking outside the aircraft more immersion I felt than the stock version did. Here is a look at the prototype interior overhaul. Once I'm happy with everything, it will carry over to the other versions.

Some High Res pics of the updated exterior of the Martin Mars'

I'm looking to try and get the Mars out by this coming weekend perhaps. But that's not set in stone as of yet. I'll probably know better here in the next 2 days if I can hit that deadline or not. IRL responsibilities and all. But in other news I have procured permission to do two more aircraft modifications this weekend. So those additional projects will join the ranks for the coming projects. Right now the list is as follows.

AlphaSim Martin Mars Update (Near Completion)
    Quality Wings Avro RJ85 Repaint and Tank Asset Pack (WIP)
    FS KBT L-188 Electra Tanker V2.0 Pack (Planning R&D)
    Fairchild C-123K Repaint or Tanker Pack (Planned, repaint completed)
    Propeller Driven Tanker #1 (R&D Prototype WIP)
    Propeller Driven Tanker #2 (R&D Prototype WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post
    Some High Res pics of the updated exterior of the Martin Mars'

In a word, 'stunning'
    I like the vibrancy your getting into the exterior textures.
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 79