1:400 Scale model aircraft market

Thread: 1:400 Scale model aircraft market

Blog Entries

1:400 Scale model aircraft market

Hello,

Wondering where collectors buy/sell aircraft scale models. Am looking to sell part of my collection, and it seems eBay is in decline for these, and Amazon seems too mass market.

Anywhere you guys would recommend? All but one are 1:400 classic jetliners/propliners). In box, never opened/played with.

Thanks.

Daniel

I suppose the best option would be Farcebook.
    Not that I'm enthusiastic about suggesting that as a choice, but it seems to have coverage of anything and everything.
    My only reason for occasionally logging in to the place is to catch up with people I've lost contact with over time, normally I would never go there!
    Lot's of groups involved with collections of assorted models and hobbys Daniel, so worth a try.
    I do treat groups like the 'Formula 1 Models' lot with disdain, 90% of these Muppets think mass produced 'Diecasts' are models..............
    So I suppose I must be an 'Elitist' because I have always been and will always remain a builder.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

"oldmodelkits.com" buys and sell all kinds of collectable kits. I've talked with the owner a couple of times. Good guy and very knowledgeable. I check in there almost daily to see what's new and to read his commentaries on the kits. Good history articles as well.

NormB

I second Norm's suggestion.

A couple years ago I sold a big batch of kits to Alan at
    oldmodelkits.com He paid me a very fair price, and was more than reasonable about a very slight deduction from the price of one kit that had a missing part. I have every intention of doing business with him again when I can manage to find the time to list the kits and take photos for another batch.

I thought I would do that within a couple months of the first batch, but it's been two or three years now and I still can't find the time. The first batch was all very large kits and I regained some storage space in my basement. I guess I'll find the time to prepare another batch when I need more space down there.

If you send Alan a list of what you want to sell with photos of the boxes he will make an offer.

I think these might be die casts Mick and Norm, the scale tends to lean toward the product,
    Not certain if they fit in with 'model kits' but can't hurt to inquire even if they are (what I think) somewhat eclectic.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    Thanks all. John, who knows me so well after all these years, and I think of him as the uncle I never had - was able to decode my confusing initial post. My apologies.

What I’m looking to sell aren’t scale model plastic/resin kits - but rather die cast metal models. Gemini, Witty, AeroClassics, and similar manufacturers.

Cheers,

D

Members who have read this thread: 0