Military AI traffic and airfileds

Thread: Military AI traffic and airfileds

Military AI traffic and airfileds

Hey gang!

As FSX and Prepar3D evolved, so too did the various traffic AI programs. In all of those AI programs, there was always military traffic available.

With the release of MSFS, I have witnessed a few military airfields displayed by Navy Chief and a few others. In the past, I have used MAIW to augment many of the assorted military airfields as well. Does anyone know of any forthcoming traffic AI programs that will have military AI?

Also, what is it that seemingly makes it a lesser priority by Asobo and MS in general, from adding details to military airfields and military traffic? I understand real world operational concerns, but with the advent of Google earth and the like, you get pinpoint accuracy and details that seem to over-ride operational security.

I saw the Maverick DLC and it totally caught me off guard to be honest, but I look forward to it. It may not be the detail that the VRS Superbug had (or it may be), but I will be buying to have a nice moving CV to compliment Dino's Tomcat and other forthcoming Naval Aviation types in the works. Seeing Milviz's upcoming Blackbird release, I really hope there will be a very detailed Beale AFB.

Thoughts?
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I can answer to the Beale question and it is yes. Under construction as althought it is based on the P3D version it is totally reworked to take advantage of MSFS rendering capabilities (all still very WIP):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_336.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	84259

Name:	Screenshot_331.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	84260

Name:	Screenshot_472.jpg 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	84261

Name:	Screenshot_470.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	84262

Name:	Screenshot_299.jpg 
Size:	465.9 KB 
ID:	84263

Name:	Screenshot_339.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	84264

The T-38 is static for the moment. There will be other statics too. As for AI, I am still investigating how they work in MSFS and how to control them so no promises.

It may have to do with their ESRB rating and the fact that no Marketplace aircraft are allowed to have weapons. Or at least that's their current policy, since I believe a couple of the earlier entries still have them.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The AIG guys are looking at getting the AI engine up and running, I have been using their AIGAIM program for my civ traffic in P3D. A few clicks and the models, paints, and traffic files are installed. The MAIW Matrix program, similar to AIG's auto AI installer is on hiatus for now, but there is a thread on the MAIW forums about the future of AI with MSFS. I for one have about every MAIW package in P3Dv4 and maintain updated flightplans that match open source info, so no opsec issues anyway.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Oh, bummer. So does this mean Matrix for P3DV5 is cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I can answer to the Beale question and it is yes. Under construction as althought it is based on the P3D version it is totally reworked to take advantage of MSFS rendering capabilities (all still very WIP):

Name:	Screenshot_336.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	84259

Name:	Screenshot_331.jpg 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	84260

Name:	Screenshot_472.jpg 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	84261

Name:	Screenshot_470.jpg 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	84262

Name:	Screenshot_299.jpg 
Size:	465.9 KB 
ID:	84263

Name:	Screenshot_339.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	84264

The T-38 is static for the moment. There will be other statics too. As for AI, I am still investigating how they work in MSFS and how to control them so no promises.
    Beautiful Dimus! Milviz always manages to pull out all the stops for some great add on's. Thanks for sharing. Will definitely be an immediate purchase upon it's release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It may have to do with their ESRB rating and the fact that no Marketplace aircraft are allowed to have weapons. Or at least that's their current policy, since I believe a couple of the earlier entries still have them.
    You know, I remember this being mentioned before. It is interesting that when you purchase via the MS store, no weapons available to show on the aircraft, but purchasing from a developers site, weapons will show. I am thinking their stance will be updated with the Maverick DLC, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    The AIG guys are looking at getting the AI engine up and running, I have been using their AIGAIM program for my civ traffic in P3D. A few clicks and the models, paints, and traffic files are installed. The MAIW Matrix program, similar to AIG's auto AI installer is on hiatus for now, but there is a thread on the MAIW forums about the future of AI with MSFS. I for one have about every MAIW package in P3Dv4 and maintain updated flightplans that match open source info, so no opsec issues anyway.
    Fantastic news! I will most definitely keep watching for this. Unfortunately I did not keep the MAIW files from FSX, but nice to know they have not given up on what are great packages for their time. Thanks for sharing that particular tidbit of info.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 1