SWS Zenith CH-701 for MSFS2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWS Zenith CH-701 for MSFS2020

Blog Entries

SWS Zenith CH-701 for MSFS2020

Normally, I have no problem with saying something, but thats not the case here. Several months ago, I was approached by sim works Studios to do the flightt model for this little plane. Naturally I accepted and well, its been a wonderful journey. The problem is, I'm reaally badx with descriptives. I meqn, really really bad, So I decided that this time I would let the gauges in the plane tlk for me, from take off to gliding touchdown on an exact point on the runway, and everywhere in between. I hope you all enjoy our humble work.
    Your friendly neighborhood sorceress
    Pam

PS. Its available through the marketplace.

Great job Pam I hope you do well with this project John
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Looks good!

And that XP install music still holds up!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2024
    It's my go-to plane Pam, any without doors. I have to admit I had to take the .cfg to another folder and kick out the co-pilot, he was messing up my starboard view and hogging the control stick.

Cazzie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    It's my go-to plane Pam, any without doors. I have to admit I had to take the .cfg to another folder and kick out the co-pilot, he was messing up my starboard view and hogging the control stick.

Cazzie
    This is a whole new Flight Model for it.. I just passed it off to Alex yesterday morning so itll get included in the next update.. leading edge slats are back in and working, Pitch stability has been drastically improved, but not so much as it flies like a tank.. Glide slopes more closely follow published data as well, allowing pinpoint control on laanding ( with prctice ) and complete control over your rate of decent via AOA ( within reason. I recommend trying to glide the plane above 40mph but at less that 60mph as that raange allows for the best control wihout going so fast you bypass your landing zone, nor go so slow you stall) .. OH! And as you saw. initial climb rte is 2000 FPM @ 60 MPH.

cant blame you with the copilot.. Tossed mine out in Okavango and never looked bacck..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Looks good!

And that XP install music still holds up!
    Thanks Tom.. I love that old piece of music and it seemed to fit so well with the laziness of the flight. I wasnt sure if anyone would still recognize it or not ::lol::

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I wasnt sure if anyone would still recognize it or not ::lol::
    I still have a copy of the original wma file that I copied from the OOBE folder of my first computer!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SWS is trying a pricing experiment. The Zenith CH-701 is on sale for a mere $2.49 from SWS's website this month, and soon will be $2.99 on the MSFS Marketplace.

It's a really nice plane, fantastic for bush flying!

https://simworksstudios.com/zenith-7...-for-msfs.html

Obviously this is a double win:

1) Your chance to grab a great add-on plane for the price of a bottle of soda.

2) If enough people do this to make it profitable for SWS, we might see future huge discounts on planes that have been on the market for a while.

Very generous, picked it up, thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Very generous, picked it up, thanks!!
    and so did I
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Intetesting price!

I have it for P3D, will take for MSFS too.
    Last edited by YoYo; April 3rd, 2023 at 00:00.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

At that price , oh yeah; grabbed it. Downloading now.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    SWS is trying a pricing experiment. The Zenith CH-701 is on sale for a mere $2.49 from SWS's website this month, and soon will be $2.99 on the MSFS Marketplace.It's a really nice plane, fantastic for bush flying!https://simworksstudios.com/zenith-7...-for-msfs.htmlObviously this is a double win:1) Your chance to grab a great add-on plane for the price of a bottle of soda.2) If enough people do this to make it profitable for SWS, we might see future huge discounts on planes that have been on the market for a while.
    The Pilots Boeing 314 discount for $2.99 should be coming soon! :-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Bought, Im very curious about the results of this experiment !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I bought it too! I found the marketplace price a bit too steep.

Cees

I'm guessing the Marketplace price will drop on Thursday's update. If it's also Xbox-compatible, I might actually buy it a second time. Be worth $3 to have a great STOL plane for the Xbox version, since I do that occasionally.

aha, my old paints are easy to adapt

zenith(0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

zenith(0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Still ~$30 on Orbx, so picked up from the source. It's not something I normally fly, but it's worth the price just to add variety to my ground traffic.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Oh, awesome, Jan Kees! I love this plane, but it's been sorely light on good paints.

I've been flying C-IMEM...

https://flightsim.to/file/51617/zenith-ch701-c-imem

...because YouTuber MMatt just got a 701 and has been posting some fun videos as he gets a handle on it.

https://www.youtube.com/@mmatt/videos

I've uploaded these three:
    G-BZVA(0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

C (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

19 (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

all with wheels, floats and skis

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Oh, awesome, Jan Kees! I love this plane, but it's been sorely light on good paints.

I've been flying C-IMEM...

https://flightsim.to/file/51617/zenith-ch701-c-imem

...because YouTuber MMatt just got a 701 and has been posting some fun videos as he gets a handle on it.

https://www.youtube.com/@mmatt/videos
    The aircraft in the video's has a white instrument panel, the aircraft in the sim has a black panel. Ruins it for me.....

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    The aircraft in the video's has a white instrument panel, the aircraft in the sim has a black panel. Ruins it for me.....

Cees
    you're so sensitive...

two more paints:
    OO-D22
    OO-D22 (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

& PH-3H3:
    PH3H3 (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    you're so sensitive...
    LOL!

I guess..

Cees

AOO 01 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

AOO 04 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

SE(0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

SE(1560) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Members who have read this thread: 1