Finally downloading

Thread: Finally downloading

Icon26 Finally downloading

MS Store just updated on my machine, as well as Gaming services, and my MSFS 2020 just started downloading. After trying everything I could find, including reinstalling Windows 10, and having nothing work. Now, to install and do the rest of the downloading.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    MS Store just updated on my machine, as well as Gaming services, and my MSFS 2020 just started downloading. After trying everything I could find, including reinstalling Windows 10, and having nothing work. Now, to install and do the rest of the downloading.
    Modelr, when you get to downloading the main files, DO NOT take the default install older. Create a new folder like C:\MSFS or D:\FlightSimulator, and put the OneStore/Community files there. It will not only make those folders much easier to find later, but it can also prevent the downloads from being wiped out by update install issues or reinstallation, and it helps prevent "path too long" errors.

DennyA, thanks for the tip, but I didn't read it till after the install was done. I might move it using the Windows app moving program, later.

It took me three hours just to get the program to load after installation. Followed the Zendesk help article on CTDs by turning off a bucket load of background programs, none of which caused trouble before update SU5. Finally got it to load, and do preliminary downloads. Now nearly done with Content Manager downloads. Am not going to load any Community items till I'm sure the sim is working properly. Will have to wait till tomorrow to try starting a flight.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0