Hotfix for the Hotfix is now available.

Thread: Hotfix for the Hotfix is now available.

Hotfix for the Hotfix is now available.

Hopefully it will fix everything broken in the last two updates...
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...18-15-0/437398
    ...and as usual, I have completely uninstalled and am now re-installing the whole can of beans. Fewer headaches that way.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    Hopefully it will fix everything broken in the last two updates...
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...18-15-0/437398
    ...and as usual, I have completely uninstalled and am now re-installing the whole can of beans. Fewer headaches that way.
    Thx for info, however reinstall the whole sim is not needed I suppose, its not P3D and few components . Maybe just when you start to experience some issues (like stopping loading screen etc).
    I can also see the polling, I'll be happy to use it when I'll install it. Btw. community folder must be empty ... again.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

So far...hearing lots of not so good feedback on another site! Oh, well! I suppose another fix is in the works!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Well, I guess this is only updating the core files, since nothing in my Official folder got overwritten. I updated via the store, then the dependencies permission popped up when I re-launched. I was expecting another download in-sim, but that didn't happen. But I can definitely verify I'm at 1.18.15.0 - it's in two places in this screenshot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator 8_6_2021 6_58_07 PM.png  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

clouds look better in the sky, but cloud reflections in water still look really "blocky" on my system. It's back to pre-SU5 brightness and contrast which I'm quite pleased about. I can put away my sunglasses now. Textures look good again at high altitudes and so far I haven't seen any temperature anomalies. Still pretty good performance on my lower-end system.

Still many more things to fix from SU5 but this is decent progress IMO.

- dcc
    - -

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I just d/l the 1.18.15.0 ....

I did move everything out of the Community folder this time, took a quick flight in Aussie land where the sun is shinning .... but .....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	borg.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	419.7 KB 
ID:	83858

The Borg have assimilated Earth while I was d/l the SU 5 update hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    So far...hearing lots of not so good feedback on another site! Oh, well! I suppose another fix is in the works!
    Hard to tell me about what you read before but on Avsim mostly are VERY positive feedback with the patch so looks like Asobo did great job with this update:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...ter-than-ever/
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...0-is-now-live/
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...r-frame-rates/

Of course, there will always be people who do not like, for example, chocolate ice cream, a matter of taste, but in terms of using MSFS now, we have a lot of progress here.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Due to a computer mishap, I've had to reinstall my PC completely, so I had the hotfix for the hotfix for the update in one go. It was a lengthy but smooth process.

Oh, and my planet Earth hasn't been assimilated!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Ok, the Borg evaluated us and decided they did not want the viruses, germs, and all the other stuff going on here and have left the quadrant

SOH-CM-2023
    Update 1.18.15.0 has now allowed me to exit MSFS and restart without having to reinstall. That has been a very frustrating time consuming task. Other situations that have required a reinstall have not yet been tested. I've also been concerned my SSD's health will suffer from all my many reinstalls.

The Official website has a thread concerning the ERROR 3 message, that I have, adjacent to the World update 1 for Japan in the Content Manager. Some having this problem have received a fix from ASOBO resetting their entitlements. I've submitted another ticket citing this fix so it will be interesting to see how long it takes for ASOBO to fix my ERROR 3 problem. This fix, for some, was done manually on an individual basis. Perhaps for others this may be fixed by computer or in an update.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    Ok, the Borg evaluated us and decided they did not want the viruses, germs, and all the other stuff going on here and have left the quadrant
    As in "we will not assimilate you, you are futile"?

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    As in "we will not assimilate you, you are futile"?

Priller
    What? No EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    What? No EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!
    Errrrr, different series!!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

SOH-CM-2024

In case you missed this previously

On Friday, August 6th, Windows 10 introduced a Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 21H1 (KB5004296) This update fixed issues between the compatibility of Windows 10 and XBox Gaming Services. Once Updated and Restarted, when you search to see if it was installed successfully, look under Other Updates, not Quality Updates

Regard,
    Cazzie

SOH-CM-2023
    Following hotfix 1.18.15.0 , I was able to exit MSFS and restart the program and FLY. Since then I've successfully loaded several World updates and planes and sceneries into the community folder and continue to be able to fly. But the sim failed after trying to load a POI file and thereafter I could not successfully restart the sim and FLY, requiring another Reinstall.

The following is an account of my sequential load and run successes and observed anomalies and failure along the way.

Immediately following a reinstall, a successful flight from KSDF was made.

A sim restart was initiated and FLY again succeeded from KSDF.

A world update 2 USA was installed and a POI search found New York city and a flight followed over the city.

A world update 3 UK was installed and a POI search found London and a flight followed over the city.

A Market install of Washington Landmarks and the KDCA airport was installed followed by a flight from KDCA over DC. A drone flight into the KDCA terminal showed much of the detail but lacked the people, the seating, the counters and the American flag.

A world update 4 France was installed and a POI search found a Paris airport and a flight followed over the city.

The Community folder was filled with Dave's people, Mt Wilson Observatory, Devil's Tower, H135 copter, and the Spitfire. The POI from the airport started a flight and Paris looked fine. The H135 and Spitfire worked OK. A flight from KBUR to the Mt Wilson Obs. showed the Observatory and people OK. One anomaly, which has been around before the 5th MSFS updates, was that a flight selected to start from RWY 23 was switched to RWY 33. A flight to Devil's Tower via a POI search started at about 52,000 feet. Normally those type of POI flights begin at a much lower altitude.

The London City was installed. The city looked fine, but the London Eye which usually rotates with the ORBX scenery was not rotating.

A world update 4 Nordic was installed and a POI search for the Copenhagen Opera House failed to find it. A POI search for Buckingham Palace failed, but some other UK POI searches were successful.

A search for the Turku Castle, a Nordic POI, found the location but while loading the flight the progress bar slowed to a creep that never starts the flight. This was a familiar experience and the sim was exited. Restart of the sim failed to allow any further flying.

The sim is still peppered with problems. Hopefully these can be quickly found and corrected. Having been a programmer, finding problems after many changes to a program is an invitation to increased difficulty finding solutions. This seems to be the case with update 5.

I can't decide to report this in a ticket to the Official website since it may hinder further corrections ASOBO is surely burdened with.

SOH-CM-2024

Be sure and check your Content Manager next time you're in

After Update 1.18.3.0, I had loads of updated aircraft in my Content Manager. took quite a while to download and install too.

Cazzie

- - - Updated - - -

After Update 1.18.13.0, I had loads of updated aircraft in my Content Manager. took quite a while to download and install too.<br><br>Cazzie

I STILL cannot reinstall! My download from the store, after going through every fix I can find, is still stuck on "pending" even though every other app works and updates fine.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I STILL cannot reinstall! My download from the store, after going through every fix I can find, is still stuck on "pending" even though every other app works and updates fine.
    A couple of suggestions from the official website are to check that your disk drive is formatted as NTFS, someone had this exact problem because his drive was formatted as exFAT. Another suggestion is to set anything overclocked back to default timings, at least until the sim is fully updated and running reliably.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Update 1.18.15.0 has now allowed me to exit MSFS and restart without having to reinstall. That has been a very frustrating time consuming task. Other situations that have required a reinstall have not yet been tested. I've also been concerned my SSD's health will suffer from all my many reinstalls.

The Official website has a thread concerning the ERROR 3 message, that I have, adjacent to the World update 1 for Japan in the Content Manager. Some having this problem have received a fix from ASOBO resetting their entitlements. I've submitted another ticket citing this fix so it will be interesting to see how long it takes for ASOBO to fix my ERROR 3 problem. This fix, for some, was done manually on an individual basis. Perhaps for others this may be fixed by computer or in an update.
    Today I received this message from ZENDESK Support

Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Aug 10, 2021, 15:50 GMT+2

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator support.

Unfortunately, we are unable to investigate today because the gamertag mytag doesn't exist in the database.

PC/XBOX
    Please update this ticket with a screenshot of the gamertag that appears in the top right corner of the sim.

Further in the message:

3. Error 3
    Please be patient as we work through the backlog, our team will manually unlock the content as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    A couple of suggestions from the official website are to check that your disk drive is formatted as NTFS, someone had this exact problem because his drive was formatted as exFAT. Another suggestion is to set anything overclocked back to default timings, at least until the sim is fully updated and running reliably.
    Thanks for the suggestion, tiger1962. All my disks and ssd's are NTFS. I will try setting my system back to default timings. It is OC to the 1st step auto.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I've had this problem with MS Store updates, and the solution has been to clear out the download cache.

Here's the official reply on a fix:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a7b748f?auth=1

I know I once had to find where the files are located and manually delete them.

Also, if you ever have to reinstall from scratch, choose your own folder for the big download after installation, instead of the default. It not only makes your Community folder way easier to find, but it also lets your 100GB+ download survive a reinstall.

Some other troubleshooting info if that doesn't help:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-f...0applicable%29.

SOH-CM-2023
    I received this fix for my ERROR 3 message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)
    Aug 13, 2021, 9:40 GMT+2
    Hi James

Thanks for the screenshot, we did find the account this time and the entitlements have been manually redeemed on your account. The packages should now be available to download and install via the Content Manager.

Best regards,
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

This did indeed fix my ERROR 3 problem, BUT nothing else as I had hoped.

The most serious problem remains which is the freezing of a flight load requiring aborting MSFS. Following the abort a restart of MSFS will start the menus but not allow a flight from anywhere. A reinstall is required.

I've reinstalled at least a dozen times. The sim performs well with World update 2 USA for USA starting points, but fails on some POI's and some airports other than the USA while addition World Updates are installed. Different World update combinations cause different starting points to fail.

It's curious that this problem occurs on some PC's and not others. Could it be a PC limitation that appears because of SU5. Maybe my 16 GB RAM is limiting . I think many of you have 32 GB RAM. Any thoughts?

I'll have to be content flying the USA for now and wait for fixes. I'm tired with the reinstalls and problem isolation attempts.

My zendesk ticket on the Japan download error:3 thingy is now 11 days old without response.
    Not a good score if you ask me!
    Mathias

Members who have read this thread: 0