Ryan STA out of the blue... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ryan STA out of the blue...

This is one beautifully made and presented model and exceptional value. Hat's off guys.

Some flying around Vashon Island this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    The only thing I've found that needs to be fixed is that the views are screwed up (looking left/right). Anyone tweaked those yet?
    Am I going to have to learn to fix this myself?

View hat right goes to the left... Left goes to right-forward. Y'all are seeing this too, right? :-)

Only issue I've run into. Mostly fly VR, but sometimes I have it on the ultrawidescreen and need old-fashioned views.

I generally fly with TrackIr and have no problems with the views - tracks correctly

I'll have to check it using the hat switch and without TiR activated

EDIT - tested and the hat switch views are correct left is left and right is right - what happens when you use the mouse-look? press the scroll wheel once and swing the mouse around
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I generally fly with TrackIr and have no problems with the views - tracks correctly

EDIT - tested and the hat switch views are correct left is left and right is right - what happens when you use the mouse-look? press the scroll wheel once and swing the mouse around
    Weird! I'll try re-downloading and reinstalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Some flying around Vashon Island this evening.
    Awesome shots, John ! (as always, naturally) My fav:

[/QUOTE]

And thanks for the brief sound report. Brief because it sounds like there's not much to elaborate on... (good though that the switches produce a sound)

Pity really, but as Baz explains, soundsuite development in MSFS is a lot more difficult compared to FSX/P3D. The visual aspect of these old girls is extremely overruled by MSFS but they still rule over MSFS when it comes to the sounds department. Very important, sounds.... I'd say atleast equally important as the visual aspect if not more.... Imagine if Asobo/MS manages to match what we see with what we hear, eventually... That would be something, éh !?

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I noticed that when I stuck my head over the side the noise did not increase. I know you are in an open cockpit. However, I think there still should me more noise with my head in the slipstream.

P.S. I know I am being picky here.
    IIRC there are a couple thirdparty planes that produce more engine sound when you open the door. Only so much though but it proves it IS possible. That's for one thing, but the sound getting way louder when you stick your head beyond the windscreen in an open cockpit plane is probabely something that'll stay in the 'keep on dreaming, brother' department.

Btw, this aspect in real life has ruined many great open cockpit 'fly along' videos, particularly when the camera/mike is mounted on the pilots helmet. To quote Telly Savalas as Albain & Albain (IIRC;-) flying his worndown Kaydett in "Capricorn One", with Elliot Gould in the front seat : "Keep your damn head down!!" Great movie!

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post

[EDIT: I just did what I should have done in the first place and emailed A1R support. The external quickviews are mapped correctly, so this is definitely a camera config issue. Hopefully they'll replicate the issue and provide a fix.]

Okay, I removed all other add-ons and reinstalled this. Still can't get the POV > < to work right.

Note that the analog hat on my throttle, which is set to panning views, properly works left and right. It's just the digital hat on my T.16000m -- which is set to POV -> and POV <- -- that's not set properly.

I did find quickviews that were correct, and I was going to copy those values over, but looking at the cameras.cfg I can't really figure out which values are POV -> and POV <-

I'm guessing you're all using VR, TrackIR, or panning view switches, because I can't be the only one having this issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    IIRC there are a couple thirdparty planes ... (IIRC;-) flying his worndown Kaydett in "Capricorn One", with Elliot Gould in the front seat : "Keep your damn head down!!" Great movie!
    One of the few good things about being old is that you can say non PC things and generally get away with them AND you can acknowledge ignorance by asking stupid questions. So, here is one. What does "IIRC" mean? I have seen it before but I have no idea of its meaning.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    One of the few good things about being old is that you can say non PC things and generally get away with them AND you can acknowledge ignorance by asking stupid questions. So, here is one. What does "IIRC" mean? I have seen it before but I have no idea of its meaning.
    Ah, so you didn't remember that correctly... ;-) IIRC means If I Remember Correctly.

IIRC in itself is of course also related to getting older so it's atleast one of these abbreviations (no doubt there's an abbreviation for abbreviation too) i'll probabely won't forget.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Ah, so you didn't remember that correctly... ;-) IIRC means If I Remember Correctly.

IIRC in itself is of course also related to getting older so it's atleast one of these abbreviations (no doubt there's an abbreviation for abbreviation too) i'll probabely won't forget.
    Hopefully, I will remember it correctly, the next time I see IIRC.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    [EDIT: I just did what I should have done in the first place and emailed A1R support. The external quickviews are mapped correctly, so this is definitely a camera config issue. Hopefully they'll replicate the issue and provide a fix.]
    So I emailed A1R support when I posted this last night and when I woke up this morning I had a response from them with a new cameras.cfg and all is working great now.

So not only a beautiful, great-flying plane at a value price, but also superb technical support.

Can't wait to see what they do next.

Wow! need to get a new pc built and the Ryan will be one of the first addition to the stable.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

jk5332 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5316 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Password reset?

I've been trying to reset my password with these folk for a couple weeks but no response. And I cant leave a message without said password. Could one of yall ask them to check on that feature on their site as I would like to give them some money. Any help is appreciated.

I found a kiwi Ryan, ZK-ABC:
    jk5459

jk5455

jk5462

JK
    Did you ever get around to upload the vh-awg texture somewhere ?
    I can't seem to find it

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    JK
    Did you ever get around to upload the vh-awg texture somewhere ?
    I can't seem to find it
    No, not yet, hopefully this weekend, with ZK-ABC

in that case, I might as well paint another..
    jk5499 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5501 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5502 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Hi Jan, could you remove the somewhat dull and rough metal texture ? The one that I remember flying out of McBride field in Marion Iowa was very smooth and polished.

Very much like this one,,

someone could do the PT-JOK, it's the only one here in Brazil, I haven't acquired Ryan's model yet, but I still owe it this month

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Members who have read this thread: 0