Adding static F-18s to P3D air base

Thread: Adding static F-18s to P3D air base

Adding static F-18s to P3D air base

Working on customizing China Lake NAWS in Prepar3d v5 and it looks like Lockheed Martin stripped all the Boeing scenery library objects from the SDK. What would my best option be to get some Hornets on the flightline? I don't know if an FSX vehicles_aircraft.bgl would work in P3D (and I can't find my FSX disk anyways), and I am lost when it comes to whether or not I can download a freeware F-18 and turn that into a static object.

Anyone have an idea that can point me in a good direction?

Thanks,
    Chris

You wanted static aircraft, but why not think about using Nick Black's excellent AI versions ? Even if you cannot use a flight plan that just has them taxi around the airfield, you could set up a plan to have them take off or land during the night ? ? ?

Just a thought . . .

From what I can tell, the files on MAIW's site looks seem to be for FS9 and I use P3D v5.2. I thought adding static airframes would be a simple thing but I am completely stumped.

We have converted all of our aircraft and many from other developers who gave us their approval to either FSX or P3D. Both will work perfectly fine with your P3D version. Sometimes converted flight plans are included in the conversion packs, if not so you can easily convert them yourself with the late Don Grovestine‘s AI Flight Planner.

You can find all of Don‘s work at The Owls Nest.
    Cheers,
    Martin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW, Military AI & UKMil Reference

Sorry, for reasons beyond me this thread was presented to me as new….
    Cheers,
    Martin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW, Military AI & UKMil Reference

Members who have read this thread: 1