3rd party aircraft populating airport parking?

Thread: 3rd party aircraft populating airport parking?

3rd party aircraft populating airport parking? also startup

ok - the Blackbox L-19 is all over the ramp at every airport. Not only that - but it appears to have bad contact points - wheels are buried about halfway into the concrete/asphalt/grass
    Is there a way I can either remove them all, or remove some of them, and or change the contact points?
    MSFS seems to have broken all of the .cfg files into little pieces and scattered them around like confetti.

maybe this is a question for the developer but I figured if anyone had a solution it would be someone here..
    Thank you in advance
    Last edited by heywooood; April 24th, 2021 at 12:18.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Look at the bottom of the aircraft.cfg for the line that says "isAirTraffic = 1" - if it's there, change it to zero.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks Tom - I did see that line but was unsure if that was the one to change - much appreciated
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Thanks Tom - I did see that line but was unsure if that was the one to change - much appreciated
    on further review all of those entries are already (=0) -at least in the .cfg files I can open - however there is one .cfg file I cannot read - it is in the FSARCHIVE format and notepad only reveals a large text file written in Sumerian cuneiform and hieroglyphs...

I have emailed Blackbox - the most recent update to this airplane by them has broken some things - No longer able to cold-start when parked, gotta use ctrl-E - underpowered and will barely get off the ground, stall horn blaring - this AI issue - and I LIKED having the compass light on a separate circuit/switch..

the airplane was fine - I didn't need the radios to light up and the flap textures were not a problem
    enter..the Sandman

Yea I have the same problem with this one, unfortunately its encrypted so there's nothing we can do about it.

I understand why they encrypt them but it's very irritating.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Yea I have the same problem with this one, unfortunately its encrypted so there's nothing we can do about it.

I understand why they encrypt them but it's very irritating.
    yeah - it is frustrating. I have emailed them - if I get a reply I'll post it here and pass along whatever they say
    enter..the Sandman

update - there appears to be a bug WRT the cold start failures. In fact - it may be the very same cold dark bug that FSX had..the 'fuel shut off valve' bug that caused you to have to save the C172 in the cold dark state with the fuel shut off valve open or 'ON' so that all the other aircraft would start

at least that is the inference I took from the developer's reply on the other forum..

to test it - start a flight with any L-19 and use ctrl-E or start from the runway engine running. close the flight then start a new flight from parked, cold n dark..the airplane will now start using the startup procedure, as will the other variants. But if you open a new session of MSFS - then try the Tundra or conventional wheeled L-19 from the ramp or 'parked' it will not start...
    enter..the Sandman

ok - the Blackbox L-19 is all over the ramp at every airport. Not only that - but it appears to have bad contact points - wheels are buried about halfway into the concrete/asphalt/grass
    Is there a way I can either remove them all, or remove some of them, and or change the contact points?
    MSFS seems to have broken all of the .cfg files into little pieces and scattered them around like confetti.

maybe this is a question for the developer but I figured if anyone had a solution it would be someone here..
    Thank you in advance
    This is supposed to be an "experimental" aircraft;

And here are two others... at the same airport!!!

One is behind and to the right of the beacon tower.

And the 1 or 0 trick doesn't work; the H-135 had a zero but keep popping-up while the carboard spit has a one and still haven't shown anywhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture-d-cran-385.png   Capture-d-cran-386.png  
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

... however there is one .cfg file I cannot read - it is in the FSARCHIVE format and notepad only reveals a large text file written in Sumerian cuneiform and hieroglyphs...
    Those are the planes included with the upgraded package levels. MS/Asobo keeps those locked down to prevent someone with the top level install from sending a copy to his buddy with a base install.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Those are the planes included with the upgraded package levels. MS/Asobo keeps those locked down to prevent someone with the top level install from sending a copy to his buddy with a base install.
    rgr that Tom - it would for this reason be great if MSFS would have more options in the aircraft selection menu - 'Do you want to activate this airplane in AI?' 'Do you want to start in the hangar (if there is one)' 'Load aircraft with or without pilot?' (this would be great if the doors and canopy's of the aircraft were functioning as you could then use the drone camera to 'perform walkarounds, etc..then switch to pilot view and that would then trigger the pilot to appear in the aircraft)

Yes you can start in the hangar now but you have to know which 'parking space' it is AND only with the pilot already seated, which is hardly accurate... - would be better if you could just select it along with the fuel state, CG, station load, etc..
    enter..the Sandman

So far, my record;

One more and we have enough for the starting lineup of a hockey team!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture-d-cran-389.png  
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Members who have read this thread: 0