Pacific Ocean theater during WWII

Thread: Pacific Ocean theater during WWII

Pacific Ocean theater during WWII

In 2016 I created some scenarios for FSX from the time of the WWII in the Pacific. Emirau Islands 1944, Peleliu Islands 1944 and Green Islands 1944.
    After switching to P3D, I have now started to completely revise these old scenarios and adapt them to P3D.
    In particular, the old AI ​​traffic no longer worked consistently due to the aircraft i used, i dids a new one for P3D (just have to find some models till now). I have now also completely changed the ship models.

After I discovered the PT boats from Delta-Sim for myself, the idea arose to provide the scenarios with quite detailed PT boat bases in order to explore the respective island world from the sea.
    The first pictures of these bases can also be found below.
    As a small highlight so far, various models of the aircraft carriers of the Short-Hull Essex class have been created, which I am currently completing.
    There is still plenty to do, but I hope the following pictures will show a small state of the development of this scene from the WWII.

Emirau Island

First pictures of Essex Class Carrier in WWII

PT-Boat Base on Peliliu Island

Great I like it a lot. One day I did small mod for this (removed all trees and added default). This orginal looks great but I had only half of FPS what I had before .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

And another base on these islands

More to come soon.

greetings
    Klaus

Very good news Kinowak. This scenery had pride of place in my old FSX rig and filled in a number of missing areas of interest and importance from the WW2 Pacific campaign. It looks really good so far and the ship models including the PT boats are very nice!

I guess the islands in P3DV5 were actually there? I have found some still missing in this area which I thought be fixed in P3DV5 but they have carried over some areas without checking them I guess because they have no airports or major cities. They fixed up Kiribati and surrounding islands and Tarawa but still have omitted some reason a reasonably large Island called Samarai off the coast of PNG and PNG's major capital until post WW2.

Look forward to it at some stage keep up the good work.

As a matter of interest what tools and software are you using to do this for P3DV5? I have ADE but Instant Scenery is no longer working in the 64 bit world (real shame that one) I guess S Builder works does it?

SBuilderX 64 still works with P3D V5, but you have to use bglcomp and xtomdl and the accompanying files from P3D V3 SDK or earlier. Otherwise SBX won't read the object libraries or compile properly. P3D V5 does not have problems with the older bgl files.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    SBuilderX 64 still works with P3D V5, but you have to use bglcomp and xtomdl and the accompanying files from P3D V3 SDK or earlier. Otherwise SBX won't read the object libraries or compile properly. P3D V5 does not have problems with the older bgl files.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Thanks! yet another new skill set to work through with P3D etc. but worthwhile for the approaching long winter days (southern hemisphere) of rebuilding arcane bits of the world forgotten in the sim for ones interest! It's a long list if you island hop the Pacific!

Some new Japan Navy ships near Emirau

greetings
    Klaus

And a second group.

greetings
    Klaus

Members who have read this thread: 0