New Ships released by Stuart! - Page 3
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345678910111353 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ships released by Stuart!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    I did some work on the dps to make the ships tougher (50% of an Usio British destroyer). I can't post the files here, because my browser/OS (Windows 8 and IE 10) won't let me upload attachments or screenshots to the Forum. I'll get Rami or Talon to post them for me.
    Here you go.

Thankyou Talon!

Royal Navy camouflages

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    I did some work on the dps to make the ships tougher (50% of an Usio British destroyer). I can't post the files here, because my browser/OS (Windows 8 and IE 10) won't let me upload attachments or screenshots to the Forum. I'll get Rami or Talon to post them for me.
    un peu de couleurs pour ces magnifiques vaisseaux , mais difficile de peindre les superstructures!
    Merci Stuart

Attachment 94558Attachment 94559Attachment 94560 Attachment 94561Attachment 94562Attachment 94563Attachment 94564

Superb!

Any plans to offer them here?

Hey Stuart,
    Any chance we could convince you to build some British aircraft carriers that are true to length and width to CFS2 aircraft?

It has always seemed to me that our carriers are too narrow and too short compared to reality of seeing fighters take off from half to 1/3 of the carrier deck in length. They also seem way to low in the water. Carriers flight decks sit extremely high out of the water.

Here in CFS2 land, we have to mod the ship.cfg just to get planes to use the entire length of the flight deck just to get airborne.
    THAT is not realistic.

I have had to use stock USS Enterprise and USS Essex as BPF carriers and then rename them to BPF carriers.
    None of the VN_HMS carriers are long enough to get a Corsair off the deck without jacking up the WEP in the air file AND modifying the ship.cfg.

I know that RN aircraft have a stall speed down in the double digits while US planes are in the triple digit stall speeds.
    That helps, EXCEPT in US built Corsairs and Hellcats in the BPF.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Even more ships by Stuart277 released!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Ships Add-Ons

Description: Gmax Renditions of The Royal Navy V and W Class Destroyers.

There are five separate ships models representing the Class in WWI and WWII.

Gmax files included

Cheers,

stuart277

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Gmax Models V and W-Class Destroyers.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Reply...

Stuart277,

These are outstanding, it's always a great thing to have even more ships to blow up! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

And More Boats Again!

Wow! These are really super. I've already got them in the water. Now I can stop substituting US Pacific boats and use the real thing instead. Great work Stuart.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Splendid models!

I love it!

Thank you Stuart!

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

CFS2 Gmax Models RN Inter-war Destroyers.zip

Description: CFS2 Gmax Models Royal Navy Inter-war Destroyers.

There are ten separate zip files in this package.

They are basically the same, in terms of basic design, DP files etc. differing only in armament and some small changes to deck layouts.

Gmax files are included.

Cheers,

stuart277

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Gmax Models RN Inter-war Destroyers.zip

Reply...

Stuart,

What else to say? You are making my Mediterranean installation very happy, and you are contributing mightily to Operation Marita! Thanks!
    "Rami"

He's a one man ship building industry!

Great job, thanks for expanding His Majesty's fleet

Ship DPs.

Hey Stuart,

I hope to have my comp fixed real soon. then I can get back to work on CFS2. If you build anymore ships I'd be willing to work on the DPs and CFG files.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Hey Stuart,
    Any chance we could convince you to build some British aircraft carriers that are true to length and width to CFS2 aircraft?

It has always seemed to me that our carriers are too narrow and too short compared to reality of seeing fighters take off from half to 1/3 of the carrier deck in length. They also seem way to low in the water. Carriers flight decks sit extremely high out of the water.

Here in CFS2 land, we have to mod the ship.cfg just to get planes to use the entire length of the flight deck just to get airborne.
    THAT is not realistic.

I have had to use stock USS Enterprise and USS Essex as BPF carriers and then rename them to BPF carriers.
    None of the VN_HMS carriers are long enough to get a Corsair off the deck without jacking up the WEP in the air file AND modifying the ship.cfg.

I know that RN aircraft have a stall speed down in the double digits while US planes are in the triple digit stall speeds.
    That helps, EXCEPT in US built Corsairs and Hellcats in the BPF.
    I have checked the stock USS Enterprise and it is close real world size at the flight deck. The info I found says the flight deck is 802 feet long and 109.5 feet wide. When I port the stock MS model back into gMax the size is 798 feet long and 113.5 feet wide.

The prob with CFS2 is that none of the stock player aircraft but for the P-38 give more lift when you lower the flaps. If the aircraft had the right amout of lift with flaps down the AI would crash when trying to land.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

CFS2 GMax Ship Models Scrap Iron Flotilla.zip

Description: Scrap Iron Flotilla

The Scrap Iron Flotilla was an Australian destroyer group that operated in the Mediterranean and Pacific during World War II.

Their names were, HMAS Stuart, a Scott Class Destroyer and HMAS Voyager, HMAS Vampire, HMAS Vendetta and HMAS Waterhen, VandW Class Destroyers.

Each has its own Pennant.

DP files are from the stock Mahan Destroyer.

Cheers,

Stuart

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 GMax Ship Models Scrap Iron Flotilla.zip

CFS2 GMax RN Scott Class Destroyer.zip

Description: A Gmax model of a Royal Navy Scott Class Destroyer Leader of WWI.

DP file from stock Mahan Class Destroyer.

Cheers,

Stuart

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 GMax RN Scott Class Destroyer.zip

Stuart

They could have used you back in the day considering how fast you're laying down these hulls!

Great work - please, please keep it up.

Cheers
    BuV

Great stuff Stuart! For those with a desire to read about a "VW" in WW2, pick up "A Hard Fought Ship" about the HMS Venomous.
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

Great work Stuart,Keep it up.

CFS2 RN Dido Class Cruisers.zip

Description: Gmax Models of The Royal Navy Dido Class Cruisers for CFS2.

Cheers,

Stuart

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 RN Dido Class Cruisers.zip

Reply...

Stuart277,

Thank you! The HMS Dido is actually one of the ships used by the British in the waters surrounding Crete! This will be most useful!
    "Rami"

:greenf: ... just splendid! Your work rate is truly impressive

Gosh, what a ship factory. Stuart, I just love your work. Henry Kaiser....move over.

Awesome work Stuart...
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thanks

Hi all,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments.

It is quite fun doing the ships.

It is not very difficult, once you get the hang of GMax.

For comments regarding 'output', I have made 'templates' of a few weapons and a couple of hulls. So, effectively the hulls of the Cruisers are just enlarged versons of the destroyer hulls and this really speeds up the process, cut and paste, so to speak.

My texturing is only OK, not Colin or Uncltgt quality, but is passable.

Most of the 'variety' of ships within each class only differ in armament, so too avoid the 100 ship problem, pick one you like.

Same with the modelling, it ain't Usio, but they are only targets (except for the carriers).

No DP file skills yet, but I might (only might) get into those.

I do intend to have a go at a lot of ships over the next year or so, there are a lot of Italian, French and Dutch ships 'missing' as well as few IJN and US ships.

Cheers,

Stuart

Members who have read this thread: 102