My Beautiful C-47

Thread: My Beautiful C-47

My Beautiful C-47

Having just become aware of the issue with Gordon, all I can say is that I wish it had turned out differently. I do not know, nor do I want to know the details- I love and the content- period. My hope is that Manfred, Ted, Jan, Gordon and all the others involved can find a way to continue development of the C-47 and bring her into MSFS. The sim is poorer without her. Whether that occurs here or elsewhere is immaterial. Should anyone be in contact with this Band of Brothers, please convey my deepest appreciation to all who participated in her growth and development (including the wonderful people here at SOH).

Again, I have no desire to engage with the maneuvering that brought us to this point- just to voice a desire to have this wonderful aircraft live on.

Best- C

Maybe...

MSFS update:

PMDG DC-6:
    ==========

If you have hung around the PMDG forum for any length of time, you know by now that I am a sucker for vintage airplanes. Of all of our products, the one nearest and dearest to my heart is the DC-6, as this product represents a hard-working, classic era of aviation where the mere act of intercontinental flying was barely short of a miracle. The sights, sounds, smells of this era of aviation have long since departed the common travel scene, but our DC-6 keeps them alive by giving PMDG customers the finest Douglas propliner simulation available.

We have not pushed any updates for this product due in large part to the fact that it wasn't in **need** of immediate attention with all of the larger products going on. This has caused some users to wonder if the product line had been ended, and I assure you it has not.

(Internally at PMDG, there is a constant discussion about adding the PMDG DC-3 to the classic propliner hangar, since PMDG allegedly knows some guy who operates one and might actually give access to it if asked nicely... I dunno, tho... )

We have been hard at work on the DC-6 of late we think you will be blown away by the improvements. I promised the team that I would do a bit of flight testing with it this weekend, so here is a quick screen grab from my desktop of the DC-6 of her awaiting an evening test flight...

And with that I am off to join my four-engine, fire breathing, smoke belching, oil dripping mistress... I hope you all have a very nice weekend!

-RSR

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...the-road-ahead

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

@Ted - thanks for that PMDG link, first I'd seen that post. Always VERY nice to catch a hint of a (possible) PMDG DC-3.

@Carl - speaking as someone who was initially skeptical - given how devoted I was and still am to Manfred's - I can put in a good word for the Aeroplane Heaven DC-3. There are some differences and still some things missing (Baz - any chance of wind sound from the side window instead of the front window?), but it flies well and it's quite satisfying, especially since they settled the start-up problems, beefed up the battery, and made it possible to fire it up without having the hamburger door open. It's almost certain to arrive in MSFS well before any other, which is a point in its favor.

Once I've got a DC-3 (or two, or three), a Twin Otter, an Anuschka, a Boeing 247... see where this is going...? ...I'll be a happier MSFS camper...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Blog Entries
    Not wishing to be negative or start an argument, I still have one question.. PMDG turned its back on its entire X-Plane customer base and left them holding a plane that could only be used in one version of the sim. How can I trust them again???

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Not wishing to be negative or start an argument, I still have one question.. PMDG turned its back on its entire X-Plane customer base and left them holding a plane that could only be used in one version of the sim. How can I trust them again???
    I admire PMDG and like Randazzo, but they really blew that one and their explanations didn't hold water ("well, we only promised it for one version..." not conceding that it was late in the XP10 cycle and an XP11 upgrade was a reasonable expectation).

That said... their track record on FSX/P3D is much better. So I'm willing to write off the PMDG DC-6 as a bad episode, related to their decision that XP wasn't economically viable for them, and give them that one pass.

If your mileage varied, I'd completely understand.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Blog Entries
    No, I was saved that particular betrayal, and experienced no loss of any kind save the realization that the love for an aircraft I had would continue on, unrequited. But that they could make a promise and purposefully break it, having profited from it and being done; that is disturbing and I find myself unable to trust anything they say.. Indeed, I find myself quite incensed by their actions. Should they burn in hell, twould be no skin off my nose. You simply dont betray your clientele.

It's people like the crew over at AH/JF and a few others that will always come through for their clientele.

These are rough times for all of us and I wanted to contribute something positive.

Live long and prosper!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 0