Airbus H135 - helicopter
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Airbus H135 - helicopter

Airbus H135 - helicopter

I wanted to separate the H135 into its own thread. If you are missing having a helicopter this freeware might solve your need. The developers are doing almost daily updates and are willing to put the work into developing this as far as possible.

The current release version is v0.79. The video is a tutorial and reflects the functions of this version.

https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbus-h135-helicopter-project

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I wanted to separate the H135 into its own thread. If you are missing having a helicopter this freeware might solve your need. The developers are doing almost daily updates and are willing to put the work into developing this as far as possible.

The current release version is v0.79. The video is a tutorial and reflects the functions of this version.

https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbus-h135-helicopter-project

I have been trying to assign my controllers to work with this, but so far I am not able to figure it out. I have watched this video and others, several times, but I still can't get it. I am using Logitech G940 throttle and joystick, along with Saitek rudder pedals. I would appreciate some help here! Thanks, NC

I think you need to map the throttle to the prop pitch and the prop pitch to the throttle. Was like that in previous Sims also. The throttle on the controller acts as the collective in the heli.

I believe this throttle mapping requirement became obsolete with the latest versions. I'm not sure you still need to map anything special...

Still not getting it. Am having angry feelings!! NC

It's very buggy. They have a lot of work to do. I keep checking the latest update, test it, then delete it. LOL
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    It's very buggy. They have a lot of work to do. I keep checking the latest update, test it, then delete it. LOL
    But I have seen videos where the controls were successfully assigned, so I know it's possible. NC

I've been flying it the whole time. Testing god know how many updates. IMHO it is worthy and a lot of fun to fly. These guys update this bird sometimes 3-4 time a day so it's evolving very quickly.

Good evening, I followed the different versions of this helicopter; version 0.791 is even more efficient and remains very pleasant to fly. I use a logitech force 3D pro, without worries.

I await the improvement of the model in particular of the virtual cockpit.

Could one of you please expound on exactly what your control settings are? NC

I control the collective with the throttle, no more complicated, at least at home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture d’écran 2021-03-19 195030.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	82093

Thanks for that. I don't speak French, but am guessing those settings are for the throttle. I have a separate throttle. I assigned the function to "Throttle axis". There is no effect; no control of the throttle with that. Collective doesn't move either. From what I have read in the comments, I am not alone with my problems. Not sure why some are NOT having difficulties? NC

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Thanks for that. I don't speak French, but am guessing those settings are for the throttle. I have a separate throttle. I assigned the function to "Throttle axis". There is no effect; no control of the throttle with that. Collective doesn't move either. From what I have read in the comments, I am not alone with my problems. Not sure why some are NOT having difficulties? NC
    YEah, NC the throttle is basically Fadec controlled. on or off . so allyou have to account for is using the throttle as the collective..

Quote Originally Posted by firerx View Post
    YEah, NC the throttle is basically Fadec controlled. on or off . so allyou have to account for is using the throttle as the collective..
    Hopefully they can get this sorted. Nice model. Would be great to fly someday..... NC

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I believe this throttle mapping requirement became obsolete with the latest versions. I'm not sure you still need to map anything special...
    No need to map anything here - as far as I know the only issue is with peripherals that have more than one throttle lever. But that was a couple of H135 updates ago.
    Those who want to can map one lever for throttle and the other for collective. As said above the basic flight model is the FADEC throttle (full) and then your throttle lever at home is the collective -
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Navy Chief, I had the same problem. Turn the FADEC off, and back on. Fixed it for me.
    Sue

Upgrade v0.791

Upgrades in just one day.

https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbu...copter-project

Version 0.791 March 19, 2021
    - Changes to critical alerts for (Low Rotor, Failed - JS, Failed - WASM, Collective Unsafe, Emergency Fuel)
    - Added Force Trim / Auto Pilot
    - When spawning in the air, the speed will now be 20kts and the AP will be engaged
    - Huge flight model update. Some focus on changes to transitional lift.
    - Updated cameras (added PilotVR for VR so the 2D view can point slightly down)
    - Fixes around low speed due to spoiler deployment
    - Upped generator power to ensure battery charges even at low rpm.
    - Added button/key bindings to change flight mode: GEAR UP GEAR DOWN and TOGGLE GEAR will now cycle between flight modes
    - FMA now displays the current flight mode
    - Moved many buttons from the top 3 displays into Aircraft Settings on the lower two displays
    - F/O's PFD is now identical to the Captains.
    - Fixed NAV SOURCE button not showing NAV2 when selected
    - Added the ability to lock the doors (Systems page on the lower display)
    - Added cabin light to the cockpit
    - Added a binding for for THROTTLE 1 - make sure you do not have both THROTTLE and THROTTLE 1 bound at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Navy Chief, I had the same problem. Turn the FADEC off, and back on. Fixed it for me.
    Sue

Thanks Sue, I was really hoping your suggestion would be the answer, but it wasn't. When I start the helo, the engines spool up, and once all is running, the helo lifts off the ground about five feet or so, and stays there. I have no control over it. I tried cycling the FADEC, but all that does is return the helo to the ground until I depress FADEC again, and then it is back up about feet. NC

And this is with the latest release.

Update: I have been in contact with the developer. No solution yet. Most difficult to diagnose, as my controllers work perfectly with all other aircraft.
    Last edited by Navy Chief; March 20th, 2021 at 01:00.

SOH-CM-2023

Icon26

Love this free helo. Works great! Default controller settings work with my planes and the helo using a Logitech Wingman joystick. I'm guessing another controller is needed for pitch control. Not sure what the pitch control will do except control the speed. This helo begins with a running engine as does all the planes. I prefer NOT using the manual start up procedures on a routine basis anyway.

I'm going back to review many once viewed cities and places to reveal missed features.

My Saitek X52 works perfect with no changes. Just like in P3D. Hope you figure it out soon Chief! Great to have a helo finally!

Once in a while, I have to cycle the FADEC twice.

I am completely baffled now. Earlier yesterday morning, I switched throttles from my Logitech G940 to my Saitek X52, and instantly, everything was working perfectly....... until it wasn't.

I switched to a different aircraft for a bit, and then went back to the 135. No workee again. Crap. I spent almost all day, trying to get it to work properly, but nope. All other aircraft work just fine with the setup.

- start the helo, press the FADEC button, and the helo raises about 5 - 6 ft, and I have zero control of it. I have cycled the FADEC several times. No effect. Same thing happens. This is driving me effing crazy. NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; March 21st, 2021 at 04:16.

If you have a physical switch bound to undercarriage, then you may see on the PFD at the top that the flight mode is rapidly swapping between Xbox, basic and advanced which of course messes with flight behaviour. Make sure it’s either neutral (3-way switch middle position) or unbound.

SOLVED IT!

It was binding conflicts with FSUIPC. Once I disconnected it, badabing! I am hovering like a pro! NC

WAHOO !! That's great, enjoy.
    Sue

Members who have read this thread: 0