RAF Brüggen: Converting to FSX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RAF Brüggen: Converting to FSX

Hi Manschy, I would love to show screens of your scenery but this new computer gives me problems with FSX. Most detailed scenery I try to fly ctds including yours. I now have WIN11 and it took me a while to get used to it. My old WIN7 machine ran FSX with no problems. It could also be Chaseplane, I don't know. I'll keep trying!
    Greenhouse357

Thanks for feedback, Greenhouse. Take your time, but I am surely interested in information how the scenery performs and looks like on users rigs
    Last edited by Manschy; December 21st, 2023 at 01:48.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi Manfred, I haven't had a chance to install the scenery yet. I got a new PC (new me that is) and am reloading all of my flight sims. If everything goes well, I hope to be done this weekend.

Thanks,

Rob

Blog Entries
    Hello all,

I've been using this scenery pack for a while now and I love it. The traffic around the hides is superb, and the main base itself is nothing short of payware quality.

It does produce a palpable impact to FPS on my system; I get about 22fps against a pegged 30fps. Mine is a very modest spec box nearly a decade old, and so I accept that limitation as my own cause, and not the product. But if I use an aircraft known to induce very marginal fps impact (eg, the Razbam Gr7/9 Harriers), the scenery is perfectly useable in the low 20s. I find the JF Tornado Gr1 (demo) - which normally yields no more than 20fps anywhere, gives me 16-18fps when on this scenery. That's not ideal, and why I'm trying to get the SSW Tornado to work, as I hear it performs better framerate-wise. If it's anything like the Razbam Harrier, then even on my old pc, this scenery should be perfectly useable to give the Tornado Gr1 experience perfectly, immersed both in terrific scenery and the right level of AI activity.

A huge thanks - and kudos - to Manny!

dl

Thank you, Daniel. but do you talk about the FSX version? Or the P3D version released for quite some time?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Thank you, Daniel. but do you talk about the FSX version? Or the P3D version released for quite some time?
    I just installed the fsx version to compare to the P3D version. They seemed to perform similarly in P3Dv4.

Thank you, Daniel.

Yes, most of the FSX models/objects should also work in P3D but there are several things which don't. Unfortunately the great dynamic lighting or the seasonal ground polygons I still have to work on.
    Best regards, Manfred.

So no reported issues so far, I think you are satisfied.

With that said, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Best regards, Manfred.

Members who have read this thread: 2