P3D_V5 Vietnam War Project '2021 (preview) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam War Project '2021 (preview)

Next flyable idea - Sikorsky S-55 of MP Studios. Tested in P3Dv5, works, however cold start is a little complicated ;> (bug with RPM and starter?) but I'm trying to figure it out.
    The S-55 saw limited service in the Vietnam War, and lingered in US military inventory to the late 1960s. Of course, it would be better to have the S-58.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

There's a FSX/P3D Sikorsky S-58 SH/CH-34/HUS available at Simviation.... search for FSX/P3D Sikorsky (S-58) SH-34 FSX Native Package

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Next flyable idea - Sikorsky S-55 of MP Studios. Tested in P3Dv5, works, however cold start is a little complicated ;> (bug with RPM and starter?) but I'm trying to figure it out.
    The S-55 saw limited service in the Vietnam War, and lingered in US military inventory to the late 1960s. Of course, it would be better to have the S-58.

Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Good find (downloaded), maybe good idea to take only extarnal model of this S-58 (after skins improving) and connect with cockpit of this payware S-55, will be fine connection, this S-55 is really nice (this old package of S-58 models have cool things to hang, great jeep and boxes and drone!).
    I have a problem with Phantom. I have both Sim Works Studios Phantoms, they was on my hangar from long time, I installed the PBR version but something is wrong here with optimalization. FPS jumps with this model above the norm (even +/- 30 FPS! I use unlimited), in this respect the model is completely unstable and unplayable for me. Honestly, I have equally advanced models because I like them, but there is no such thing in any of them. Pity. Next Milviz, but no update fo v5 (I have it too) and the last (freeware) - this conversion http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4-4-Format-zip but CTD straight away in v5 (like for few users) , I can see there is a problem with this conversion here.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Sling load operations

Tested sling operation on H-19 "Chickasaw" (from this package above). Works great and its a great fun, especially as I fly in VR so helicopter operations are insanely fun. You can use AI carriers to load objects to pick up (even few, so you can transport from airport to airport and back to next one cargo).
    Here examples - jeeps, boxes and even GAM-72 .

I modified aircraft cfg and added to the model at the end this entry (SikorskyS55NormalTailCone):

[Sling.0]
    hoist_extend_rate = 5 //Feet per second
    hoist_retract_rate = -5 //Feet per second
    position = 0.6, 0.0, -6.5 //Feet from datum mod
    //position = 0.5, 0.0, 0.0 //default settings
    max_stretch = 2.0 //Max stretch distance at ultimate load
    damping_ratio = 0.6 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
    rated_load = 600 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds
    ultimate_load = 2250 //Breaking force in pounds
    tolerance_angle = 45 //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit
    auto_pickup_range = 8 //Max Range, in feet, for auto-pickup
    auto_pickup_max_speed = 8.5 //Maximum speed (feet per second) for auto-pickup
    hoist_payload_station = 4 //Payload station in which the hoist will load in and out of. 1 is first station.

[Sling.1]
    position = 0.6, 0.0, -6.5 //Feet from datum mod
    //position = 0.5, 0.0, 0.0 //default settings
    max_stretch = 2.0 //Max stretch distance at ultimate load
    damping_ratio = 0.75 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
    rated_load = 1000 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds
    ultimate_load = 25000 //Breaking force in pounds
    tolerance_angle = 70 //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit
    auto_pickup_range = 12 //Max Range, in feet, for auto-pickup
    auto_pickup_max_speed = 10 //Maximum speed (feet per second) for auto-pickup

There's certainly a lot more to play with since the original Vietnam War Project. Those pics look great YoYo!

Blog Entries
    Looks great. But is the takeaway that this won’t work in P3DV4.5 at all? Or could it work with some limitations?

Looks great. But is the takeaway that this won’t work in P3DV4.5 at all? Or could it work with some limitations?
    Yes. This (current) version doesnt work with 4.5 (due SDK v5 limitation), however I have good news for P3Dv4.5 users too. After few tests (and SDK of v4) it stared to work in v4.5 also, check this:

It requires full conversion, but it is possible and it will be added in the near future. P3Dv4.5 doesn't look so nice as v5 especially with EA = on but I know, many users are sticked to v4.5 still because of many things.
    When the P3Dv5 version will ready and finished, it will be fairly easy to make a version for v4 (although it will take some time).

Note: you will must to have FTX Vector (for v4 or v5, but I guess everyone has it ;-) ), from the manual:
    *Although the P3Dv5 offers a very good geographic layout (sometimes it looks better without FTX Vector even!), FTX Vector is required as P3Dv4.5 version is planned over time (after all tests). If P3Dv4.5 user will also have FTX Vector then the scenery should be compatible for v4 and v5 users at the same time
    There are also some differences in airport textures in v4, but in v5 I use REX 4 Texture Direct EE (I recomend it) and v4 its fresh install for me for tests only.

So far I'm about 20% through the airports and no bugs yet. Great work Yoyo !

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    So far I'm about 20% through the airports and no bugs yet. Great work Yoyo !
    Thx I improved something also during this period, btw. do hear the sound? Each airport/airstrip has own sound.

CTD at VVDN this morning. Will check aircraft and settings and such.

Please let us know the following:

Did it happen more than once?

What airplane were you in when it happened?

Were you starting on a runway or in a parking space?

What are your performance sliders set at? (especially for AI)

What are your computer system specifications?

CTD at VVDN this morning. Will check aircraft and settings and such.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    Please let us know the following:

Did it happen more than once?

What airplane were you in when it happened?

Were you starting on a runway or in a parking space?

What are your performance sliders set at? (especially for AI)

What are your computer system specifications?
    Happened twice, Dino's A-4 I think, starting on runway. Got airborne, climbing out, maybe 1/2 mile from start, freeze up and CTD. Sliders up pretty far. Also just did the v5.2 install. Probably my end and not the scenery. Previously looked at VVDN with trouble.

Happened twice, Dino's A-4 I think, starting on runway. Got airborne, climbing out, maybe 1/2 mile from start, freeze up and CTD. Sliders up pretty far. Also just did the v5.2 install. Probably my end and not the scenery. Previously looked at VVDN with trouble.
    Dino's A-4 cases CTD if you use advanced radar in v5. Known bug, I sent this info to Dino some time ago but probably due to the negligible interest in this model, it is unlikely to fix it now. Can you check another model? I personally checked a few airports in v5.2 and it was ok, so I think it's a addon but let check another model. Thx.

Dino's A-4 cases CTD if you use advanced radar in v5. Known bug, I sent this info to Dino some time ago but probably due to the negligible interest in this model, it is unlikely to fix it now. Can you check another model? I personally checked a few airports in v5.2 and it was ok, so I think it's a addon but let check another model. Thx.
    Copy that. I wonder if Dino's bird will work if I remove the radar gauge?
    Hmmm

Copy that. I wonder if Dino's bird will work if I remove the radar gauge?
    Hmmm
    I'll try how it works in 5.2, dont know yet. In 5.1 Dino's Skyhawk with normal radar (default) for me was ok but if you activated this advanced version = CTD after a while. You need to check which one you have active. Perhaps 5.2 has changed in general as well for this default radar but I'll check it too.

CTD gone, removed Dino's A-4s for now.
    VVCA I'm getting 2 of the ships on dry ground. I think I have something goofy because I don't remember anyone elses pics showing that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-6-13_8-32-4-205.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	531.8 KB 
ID:	83206
    Other than that I got to about 60% on my 2 minute inspections and haven't found anything else wrong.

CTD gone, removed Dino's A-4s for now.
    VVCA I'm getting 2 of the ships on dry ground. I think I have something goofy because I don't remember anyone elses pics showing that.
    Other than that I got to about 60% on my 2 minute inspections and haven't found anything else wrong.
    Thx, for checking. It looks for me like no FTX Vector. 5.2:

Thx, for checking. It looks for me like no FTX Vector. 5.2:

Yep, sorry. Got it now. forgot to add it to V5.2

VVYS, Yankee Station look strange to anyone else? I have a hunk of elevated water and 3 ships in a stack. Probably me again but that's my latest error.
    Going back to V5.1 where everything worked better. I'll stay there for the remainder of testing.
    Last edited by Corvette99; June 13th, 2021 at 19:19.

VVYS, Yankee Station look strange to anyone else? I have a hunk of elevated water and 3 ships in a stack. Probably me again but that's my latest error.
    Going back to V5.1 where everything worked better. I'll stay there for the remainder of testing.
    No it ok , if you fly further than 40 nm and back or start further than 40 nm and mesh will be rebuild again (only then this bug appears). This is a compromise for the RFN gauge.
    Check manual for this, you can find also alternatives files if you dont use this gauge . However this gauge gives working catapult and LSO.

No it ok , if you fly further than 40 nm and back or start further than 40 nm and mesh will be rebuild again (only then this bug appears). This is a compromise for the RFN gauge.
    Check manual for this, you can find also alternatives files if you dont use this gauge . However this gauge gives working catapult and LSO.
    I removed the gauge but still have 3 cargo ships on the carrier deck

Latest 5.2 update ?

Will this work in the latest P3D v5.2 update ? Still have 4.5 and v5 on board in case it doesn't . I know that Part 1 has already been given out to some beta testers a few months back but any rough estimate when it will be officially out to all ?

Thanks again for all the time and work you put into this . Really looking forward to it !

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Will this work in the latest P3D v5.2 update ? Still have 4.5 and v5 on board in case it doesn't . I know that Part 1 has already been given out to some beta testers a few months back but any rough estimate when it will be officially out to all ?

Thanks again for all the time and work you put into this . Really looking forward to it !

Rich
    1 month ago and so far so good. Yes, it works in 5.2 without any issue . I hope I will add for official sources in this month, sorry for delay because I fly a little more now in MSFS after the C140 released from AH and in DCS Mi-24P.

1 month ago and so far so good. Yes, it works in 5.2 without any issue . I hope I will add for official sources in this month, sorry for delay because I fly a little more now in MSFS after the C140 released from AH and in DCS Mi-24P.
    Thanks for the reply , I think I'll make the jump to 5.2 as I read it addressed many issues that people were having with 5 & 5.1 .
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Question Any luck updating VnW War Project AI?

As I am waiting for the new improved P3D Vietnam air war project to come to fruition, I was wondering if anyone has updated the AI aircraft to P3D specs or updated the AI flightplans to work with P3D military aircraft? I know you can substitute aircraft in AI Flight Planner but I don't have enough facility with the program to understand how to do it. Thanks in advance!

Members who have read this thread: 11