jumping back in

Thread: jumping back in

hoongadoonga

jumping back in

I stepped away from off for quite a while - too much going on. However, I'm definitely back in now with P3. It is an outstanding step up from P2 - much better AI (my favorite feature) combined with better fps, graphics, historical perspective... Many thanks to all involved.

Here are some misc. topics I've either forgotten or am not clear on:

1. I fly as the lead. When I initiate an attack on the enemy or they jump us will my wingmen automatically attack them or do I need to direct them by using the A key?

2. If I must use the A key do I need to target an enemy plane first or can I just start hitting A without targeting?

3. When I'm in a fighter going up against a 2-seater does the workshop setting of rear guns = wide mean the rear gunner is less accurate (easier for me)?

I want to make my own calls on whether I die or not so I'm going with easiest - pilot never dies (I definitely am not playing full real, at least not yet). In my mind you can be killed in two different ways - what happens in the air (hit by bullets or collisions) and what happens when you land/crash. If I make a soft landing then I should still be alive - if it is a bad crash then I consider myself dead and retire the pilot. However, I want to make sure that this easiest outcome setting does not affect my vulnerability in the air. When playing dead is dead (in P2) I would be killed in mid-air - the screen would go black or red, I would lose all control of the plane, and dive into the ground. I want this to still be an option, which would of course would mean that I would consider the pilot to be dead and retire him.

4. If I use invincible = off and outcomes = easiest - pilot never dies can I still be "killed" in the air and lose all control of the plane, even though I will be told after the mission that I am just hospitalized?

gimpyguy
    Don't use invinsable, you can't even land
    My pilot is always on Easy, I set my limit at 22 Days with the nurses.
    Any geater number is a forced Retirement

A rather nasty ditching behind enemy lines, is 21 Days Hospitlized, then a POW, then escapes and runs back to his mates.

A fireball at 6000, is 25days, stick a fork in him he's done :ernae:

PS . . STICKY OFF Tips & Cheats Lottsa diffs from P2 . .went through Polovski before I posted