well - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: well

Jabo Leader 48
    Hello all! This is my first post and I'm sorry it's on such a sad occasion for most concerned. I've watched OFF develop thru the phases and years of hard work and I am very impressed with the devotion of all the devs and forum members. I've been very entertained, schooled, and pissed from the threads thru the years; NEVER a dull moment! I hope this will continue in the new OFF forum and that everyone in SOH and OFF can part ways as good friends. P.S. I recently purchased BHAH and enjoy it IMMENSLEY!

blue781
    Well I also must say it has been fun.. I guess its time for OFF to have a true 'home of its own so to speak'.. well onward to bigger and better things!! Its been fun, but i do think we need to stop now and part ways.. Tommorrow is a new day over Flanders Fields...:amen::friday:

Hurra,

Blue781

ns13jarhead
    Not meaning to jump in at the last minute, but I've got to put in my 2 cents.

I'm sorry that OFF and SOH will parting company.

Since it's now a commercial venture, it's probably time for OFF to have its own place on the net, anyway.

However, I believe that just because OFF is no longer homebased here, there's no need to demand a refund or be angry at SOH. Remember, that there are lots of other aspects of flying that are covered here on SOH, and our donations have gone to support that. I, for one, still fly CFS-2 and SOH has been my repository of new craft and great advice since I started computer flying. I have not really seen anywere else where so many talented people are willing to upload their work for others to use and to enjoy. And trust me, I am grateful!

In the future, I will continue to participate in the OFF Forums at their new home, and I will also continue to lurk (and maybe even start participating) here in the SOH Forums.

In a nutshell: just becasue OFF is at another place, doesn't mean that I can't still enjoy SOH, too. Think of the two of them as your wife and your mistress. Enjoy them both, just don't let them meet on the street!

Rickitycrate
    Personally I received compensation for my modest donation looooooong before I sent the pittance. No hard feelings on my part but I do wish the good people with SOH can place a little more focus on the more positive interactions between the parties. If you feel totally unappreciated that is unfortunate. Best wishes to our "brother" forums and thanks from me one last time. Cheerio

Angles1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmike View Post
    Over50,
    If you have a problem with your donation to SOH, take it up with "the money man". That'll be the site owner, Ickie.
    A donation to SOH is to keep the site up and running. A donation to the OFF crew is to help keep them guys up and running. These are two separate ventures.

As for the little spat between yourself and Henry that has spilled over from PMs into the forum...
    What is posted here so far is not a personal attack. Let's keep it that way. I don't care what transpires between members via PMs...those are PERSONAL MESSAGES to be dealt with amongst the parties involved. Posts in the forum are PUBLIC.
    This is just further proving the point of the constant staff/admin attention that is required because of a select few individuals. You are not making things any easier on your membership here with your actions.
    It is rather difficult to send Ickie a private message when he has chosen not to receive private messages , would you not agree .

cheers

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angles1100 View Post
    It is rather difficult to send Ickie a private message when he has chosen not to receive private messages , would you not agree .

cheers
    but has there not been a problem someone else
    has taken care of?
    Ickie does not need pm's
    his time was spent better doing his job
    have you not been treated right
    i seem to recall you had a problem
    was it not taken care off?
    H

Angles1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    but has there not been a problem someone else
    has taken care of?
    Ickie does not need pm's
    his time was spent better doing his job
    have you not been treated right
    i seem to recall you had a problem
    was it not taken care off?
    H
    Mate , I don't want to get into a pissing competition with the hired help , I would simply like to be able to talk to the person in charge .
    thankyou

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angles1100 View Post
    Mate , I don't want to get into a pissing competition with the hired help , I would simply like to be able to talk to the person in charge .
    thankyou
    Hired help
    thats fine hire me

sorry guys the forums are closed
    H

Members who have read this thread: 0