Famous Ace with 1 Kill?

Thread: Famous Ace with 1 Kill?

Thumper42

Famous Ace with 1 Kill?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I saw this today and had to chuckle. I started a new campaign as a French fighter pilot, and after my second mission I took a look at "Today's News!" The article at the bottom of the page states that famous ace Justus Kaiser died in the line of duty, and that his kill tally was 1! Is this a mistake, or maybe an inside joke?

Just wanted to say, I'm one of those "lurkers" who read the boards on a regular basis but don't often make a contribution. I played P1 and P2 quite a bit, but not enough to call myself an expert. I was on the fence about buying P3 (short on time and money), but after reading so many positive comments I made the jump, and I'm glad I did. Thanks to WM, Pol, and everyone else for making this possible, and for the outstanding continuing support they provide! OK, back to the cockpit -- I'm a teacher here in Virginia, and I'm taking advantage of our first snow days this year to catch up on some flying time. Cheers!

Thumper

UK_Widowmaker
    Good for you Thumper!.... Maybe you should take OFF into class?..Show the kids some real living history!?

Thumper42
    Actually, I've thought about doing that. I'm teaching Air Force JROTC, and we just finished a segment on WWI. Unfortunately, due to restrictions on what software we can load on our school PCs, and the fact that they probably wouldn't be able to run it anyway, I decided it wasn't worth the effort. I do use things I experience in the sim, plus stuff I read here on the forum, to help when I teach -- keeping teenagers engaged while trying to actually teach them something can be a real task at times :-)

Thumper

UK_Widowmaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper42 View Post
    Actually, I've thought about doing that. I'm teaching Air Force JROTC, and we just finished a segment on WWI. Unfortunately, due to restrictions on what software we can load on our school PCs, and the fact that they probably wouldn't be able to run it anyway, I decided it wasn't worth the effort. I do use things I experience in the sim, plus stuff I read here on the forum, to help when I teach -- keeping teenagers engaged while trying to actually teach them something can be a real task at times :-)

Thumper
    But never forget...the Job you are doing, will have a lasting effect on those young people's lives! (you don't however need me to tell you that!...lol)

Salute!